Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Used to be many a place on WS, but of course that has changed

Does anyone know of a good gallery that can do a drawing/painting from a picture...

Also a location..?

North side of Mike's Shopping has many artist shops. Ask around to see which ones do what you need.

I had a load of paintings done at a place, just as you go toward Jomtien from the roundabout/flyover. I dont know about now, but there used to be five or six places all together on the RHS just before the corner.The stuff was good quality and great copies. All acrylic, never had any charcoal drawings done but certainly they will copy from a photo or an internet image. I bet the prices have gone up a bit though

• Upvote 1

I did notice some across from the RG (Hotel) the other day. I have not done this in 10 years myself, but I have a group wanting a copy of an 1878 drawing to be done.

I'll explore both areas, as I need perfection on this attempt

The old timers here will remember a guy named Winston. He had an Internet business and would take photos from customers and have them painted by Pattaya artists. I know he used several different shops and all were pretty good. His business was pretty slow until he guaranteed the work. I thought it was chancy but he allowed the customers to see the paintings before they sent him the money. As far as I know, he never got cheated. So, yes, there are a number of shops that do that kid of work.

• Upvote 1

The old timers here will remember a guy named Winston. He had an Internet business and would take photos from customers and have them painted by Pattaya artists. I know he used several different shops and all were pretty good. His business was pretty slow until he guaranteed the work. I thought it was chancy but he allowed the customers to see the paintings before they sent him the money. As far as I know, he never got cheated. So, yes, there are a number of shops that do that kid of work.

Well I recall Winston quite well although was unaware of that particular business venture, I heard of others, an Expat hotel was one.

More of a shock to learn I am an old-timer!

Winston was a bit of a chancer , he had a few ideas and the paintings was one of them, to be fair he sent them well packaged via a reputable carrier and I think it met with some success.

The Expat hotel! bloody hell I'd forgotten about that. It was a bit "pie in the sky" at the time, but he did pitch it when Pattaya was enjoying high numbers of tourists , pre Social order campaign and good exchange rates.

Funny enough I used to make a fair bit of cash selling those "fantasy" pictures painted on felt, usually ones of dragons or semi naked women, I've still got a couple kicking about the house in the UK.

Well I recall Winston quite well although was unaware of that particular business venture, I heard of others, an Expat hotel was one.

More of a shock to learn I am an old-timer!

Winston kept his schemes pretty quiet. He was convinced that he could make enough money to stay in Pattaya and didn't want anyone stealing his ideas. The hotel scheme required major investors of which he was NOT one. He wanted to manage and run an expat hotel. It may have worked but guys with money thought the Winston may not be that stable and it would be too risky to invest that much money.

Jacko, if I were PC, I would have said "long term Pattaya expats". I'm not PC and besides that, I have a few years on you. LOL! You're still a bit of a pup.

Edited by Gary
  • Upvote 2

If you just want a drawing of a picture then perhaps there is a software solution.

I posted this picture last week

iPhoto Library.jpg

It takes a few minutes to turn this into a drawing and you just print the size that suits you

songkram sketch.jpg

Saves a lot of messing around.

• Downvote 1

I had an oil painting done just past the flyover on the left hand side at the beginning of Thapraya rd 100 yards below Residence Garden.It was done from a photo took a week and I think was 4000 baht they charge based on size.I was 95% happy with it.

• Upvote 1

I went by Mike's (thanks gs joe) and I found a place after looking at a majority of them

Very nice area and the prices was 3100 with a frame (40x50)