Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

been my experience that different ATM's have max about you can withdraw at a time, some have a 10k TB limit per transaction. Would like to withdraw at least 20k to pay for rent. Has anyone found a ATM that will give out 20k, or can you go into bank with card and get your daily limit from a teller? Hate paying the ATM fee more than once if I don't have to,

chers

rb

Hi. I think most ATMs of big banks in Pattaya have a limit of 20 notes, so 20'000 baht at max.

There used to be a few ones at 25 or 30 notes, but the ones I knew all have been changed to 20.

You can make several successive withdrawals as long as you don't reach your card limit,

but you will have to pay the ATM tax (180 baht) for each of them.

Edited by Idefix

I know in Jomtien an Ayudhya bank ATM gives 30.000 baht...( True I used it long time ago ) maybe some others too in Pattaya... maybe in TuckCom ?

Every ATM I've used dispensed 20 bills minimum, and Bangkok Bank will do 25.

I think rb might be limited by his USA limit.

As I recall, you can usually withdraw 20K, but you have to go past the first screen and enter the amount manually. I'm used to using K Bank. Of course, your home bank may place a daily limit on what you can withdraw.

No my daily withdraw is 1k USD, I can't remember if the yellow (Karsha?) or the red one's will only give you 10k TB.

I think the ones at the Ave and the ones outside of Royal Gardens might be the ones were I was able to get 20kTB? I think the ones at the 7/11's are the ones I could only get 10kTB from per transaction so I'd have to do 2 transactions.

I get in Wednesday night Mar 25th for a month and have to pay my rent Thursday morning, I'm on Soi17 behind the 2nd rd by VC/waking St.

chers

rb

I was told you can take 20k the pull your card, start again and take another 20k, was told from the bank girls. I think you can take a total of 50k per day.

1x20k

1x20k

1x10k

I was told you can take 20k the pull your card, start again and take another 20k, was told from the bank girls. I think you can take a total of 50k per day.

1x20k

1x20k

1x10k

That's all dependent on your bank limits, of course.

I have a USA bank account that's still at $300 daily withdrawal limit..if I were to use my ATM from that bank, I could only get 9000 or so, depending on the exchange rate.

Obviously, I never use it.

Another Thai bank account has a 200k daily limit, so I can feed my card 10 times, withdrawing 20K baht each time.

It's all variable and subject to how your accounts are set up.

As to the OP, go to an ATM and enter 20K, and if it says it's too much, try another.

I have always been able to get 30,000 baht from the Family Mart next to the Robins Nest on Soi Diana. As said before, to do that I had my US bank raise my daily withdrawal limit.

Can't say that I've ever found an ATM that had a 10k limit. Sometimes they are out of 1000 notes, so are limited by the maximum number of notes allowed. I never used the no name ATM's, always real banks. Yellow, purple, ugly blue, and one Bangkok Bank... Never had a problem.

I have found a new way to handle this and it best suits me.

I have a debit card from home and I load it as needed. Take it in to any bank (The one with the best exchange rate) with your passport and tell the teller what you want. In two minutes you are walking out with your money in your pocket without having to worry if the machine swallows your card or who is behind you in the queue.Sure I still have an ATM card for the small withdrawals but since I started using the above method I am much happier getting larger withdrawals. As far as I am aware the amount you can withdraw is only limited to the amount that you have in credit in your account.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps maximum MM?

Perhaps maximum MM?

No, minimum, is the correct term for what I meant. 20 bills is the least I've seen dispensed, and I've seen 25, and heard about machines that dispense 30. I have no idea what the maximum is.

As said, Bangkok Bank good for 25 notes, Kasikorn and Siam Commercial good for 20 and there was / is one other who will do 30. If the Bt1000s have dried up, you might only get 20 x Bt500 = Bt10,000.

Some cards have daily limits of Bt20k but can go up to Bt200k as also mentioned.

Draw money inside the bank and they'll want your ID usually. Order new notes in advance.

// and there was / is one other who will do 30.

Probably Aoen. It was the one who didn't had the 150 tax during a long time too.

Now their ATM at BigC Xtra is 20k max and 180 fee :(

and the one near HomeWorks is gone for at least 1 year already.

We seem to be talking here about withdrawals from your home country - but there are limitations too for the person who has a Thai Bank account . I have a Siam Commercial account - the max I can draw at one time is 20,000 baht but I can do that 10 times per day .

We seem to be talking here about withdrawals from your home country - but there are limitations too for the person who has a Thai Bank account . I have a Siam Commercial account - the max I can draw at one time is 20,000 baht but I can do that 10 times per day .

For those in Thailand, you can probably choose all the limits you want for you card (and account) from the bank website.

At least it's the case for my Kasikorn accounts:

You specified the max for daily withdrawal, for online payments, ... one more solution to reduce risks.

For those in Thailand, you can probably choose all the limits you want for you card (and account) from the bank website.

At least it's the case for my Kasikorn accounts:

You specified the max for daily withdrawal, for online payments, ... one more solution to reduce risks.

I am sorry - you are correct - what I was trying to say is that I have arranged with my bank that 200,000 per day is my maximum but it comes out at 20,000 per time

No, minimum, is the correct term for what I meant. 20 bills is the least I've seen dispensed, and I've seen 25, and heard about machines that dispense 30. I have no idea what the maximum is.

Well I have had a single bill dispensed!

Someone suggested to me that if I needed change, you simply ask for 1000 baht, and it automatically decides to give you 10x100 baht bills.

Of course that was not the case and I walked off with a single crisp 1000 baht note.... I have subsequently always requested amounts with a 900 on the end.

I am still utterly confused by your maximum/minimum thingy but hey, it is Monday morning.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I see the confusing part. I was referring to the minimum number of bills that I've seen an ATM capable of delivering "as its maximum". That was 20 bills.

I have accounts with Kasikorn, Siam and Ayudhya (Kungsri). All their ATMs dispense 20 bills maximum. I usually withdraw 20k at a time.There have been occasions when an ATM had run out of 1000 bills and all you would get were twenty 500 baht bills (10000 baht). When that happens, I cancel the transaction and look for another ATM stocked with 1000 baht bills.