Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have accounts with Kasikorn, Siam and Ayudhya (Kungsri). All their ATMs dispense 20 bills maximum. I usually withdraw 20k at a time.There have been occasions when an ATM had run out of 1000 bills and all you would get were twenty 500 baht bills (10000 baht). When that happens, I cancel the transaction and look for another ATM stocked with 1000 baht bills.

To be honest Gonzo I would be quite pleased for that to happen, I might well put my card in twice and get a thick wad of 500's .

Always seem to be short of change and find the 500s more useful!

• Upvote 1

To be honest Gonzo I would be quite pleased for that to happen, I might well put my card in twice and get a thick wad of 500's .

Always seem to be short of change and find the 500s more useful!

Good idea Jacko and I never gave it a thought before. :frustrated1: . If I find an ATM stocked with only 500 baht bills again, I will do likewise. I feel at times embarrassed to walk into a 7/11 to buy a bottle of water with a 1K note just to get change. That also reminds me of the good old days when one could ST for a purple one. :cry2

I have accounts with Kasikorn, Siam and Ayudhya (Kungsri). All their ATMs dispense 20 bills maximum. I usually withdraw 20k at a time.There have been occasions when an ATM had run out of 1000 bills and all you would get were twenty 500 baht bills (10000 baht). When that happens, I cancel the transaction and look for another ATM stocked with 1000 baht bills.

It depends from the ATM machine, not your bank...

But aren't all the ATMs in Thailand bank specific?

Aren't all us mongers ATMs

With varying maximum withdrawal!

Seem to remember encountering a Kasikorn ATM which would not dispense more than 10K. No idea whether that was temporary for that particular machine.

Seem to remember encountering a Kasikorn ATM which would not dispense more than 10K. No idea whether that was temporary for that particular machine.

I've run into an ATM (Songkran?) in a busy area around Marine Plaza where the maximum withdrawal was 2000 baht. Apparently it was out of 1000 and 500 baht notes and wanted to give me 20 one hundred baht notes.

Thanks, but no thanks, ATM.

Not.... in the neighborhood I used 3 ATMs of my bank and only one gave me the 30.000 baht option.... ( foreigner or local card )

Not.... in the neighborhood I used 3 ATMs of my bank and only one gave me the 30.000 baht option.... ( foreigner or local card )

You misunderstood or I was not clear.

Aren't all the ATMs belonging to a particular Thai bank, ie yellow, or pink or blue and orange etc.

That is why you see a long row of several machines in malls.

Whether there are differences in machines utilised by a particular bank brand is another point, albeit interesting.

It means it doesn't always matter whose machines you use.

Anyhow, my local card has a chip in it and I believe I have to use Bangkok Bank ATMs exclusively, and they seem to be giving the most notes out anyhow.

Never tried to use my K Bank card in another bank's machine for fear it would hit me with a 180 baht charge.

Never tried to use my K Bank card in another bank's machine for fear it would hit me with a 180 baht charge.

It isn't that much, in fact if you are in the same region you may be allowed some for free.

This suggests 20 baht.....

Link

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

It isn't that much, in fact if you are in the same region you may be allowed some for free.

This suggests 20 baht.....

Link

I think KBank allows you 4 free ATM withdrawals a month on other ATMs (in your region). I don't think they would ever charge 180 baht in Thailand, only the out of region charge, about 20 baht as you say.

I think KBank allows you 4 free ATM withdrawals a month on other ATMs (in your region). I don't think they would ever charge 180 baht in Thailand, only the out of region charge, about 20 baht as you say.

But what about the bank which owns the ATM you are using?

But what about the bank which owns the ATM you are using?

I don't how that's handled.

I keep my withdrawals at non-Kasikorn ATMs at less than 4 a month, and I'm never charged a fee within Chonburi..at least, I've never noticed.

It might be a law mandated by the government, since I've used several other banks' ATMs.

Here's the relevant information from the Kasikorn web site at http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/ElectronicMachines/Pages/KATM.aspx

58755bc85412ac97889c593d16d12da7.jpg

• Upvote 1