Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pastrami on Rye (Jontiem area)

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/home.html

I stopped in here on the advice of Shilo and I was very happy he told me about this place

It has deli quality meats on a very soft bread. I had the Roast Beef/Cheddar and it was about 3 inches high, packed with beef..!

They also have pizza and I'll be trying one later, as it looks very good and I want to try a Chicago Deep Dish

I chatted with one of the owners (farang) and they do deliver out and about Pattaya, please call to make sure they can get the food to you

I do hope Evil makes it out there, as he could show some outstanding pictures of the food they serve

They do have a FB page also..

a 10 out of a 10 for sure...!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fools on the stool... the Stockholm syndrome...   Looking on the small size of the portion, nothing comparable with the average USA huge portions... ( as I remember my last 10+ years ago visit )  

I think MM and Evil are better at evaluating if an American place in Pattaya is fair value ;-)

It's sausage gravy.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage_gravy     Much better than mushy peas  

Posted Images

I have heard a lot of good things about this place. We ordered pizza from American Pizza Factory whick was ok. I have heard the sandwiches are great but the pics look aweful. Yes they do need Evil out there.

• Upvote 1

I have heard a lot of good things about this place. We ordered pizza from American Pizza Factory whick was ok. I have heard the sandwiches are great but the pics look aweful. Yes they do need Evil out there.

I've not been a fan of their pizzas, though many are.

I do like the sandwiches, no matter what they look like.

In fact, I believe I will order a Philly cheese steak right now.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know a restaurant in Pattaya where I can get a good corned beef, coleslaw and Russian dressing on rye? Jewish deli would work.

Anyone know a restaurant in Pattaya where I can get a good corned beef, coleslaw and Russian dressing on rye? Jewish deli would work.

Did you read the OP this place does everything that a Jewish deli would do or do you mean in USA?

• Upvote 1

Did you read the OP this place does everything that a Jewish deli would do or do you mean in USA?

And several things a Jewish deli would probably not do. Quite good, had the cheesy western bacon last night.

• Upvote 1

I asked about a restaurant or deli in Pattaya. Jontiem is to far for me to travel on my scooter

I asked about a restaurant or deli in Pattaya. Jontiem is to far for me to travel on my scooter

They deliver..and by the way, Pattaya City includes Jomtien.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Paying 300 baht + for a sandwich looks for me a bit expensive. whilst the lebanon buffet costs 200, the steak buffet costs 300 ... not to mention, being a good cook myself I can create the same in my condo for less, than 80-100 baht...from aussie beef....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Paying 300 baht + for a sandwich looks for me a bit expensive. whilst the lebanon buffet costs 200, the steak buffet costs 300 ... not to mention, being a good cook myself I can create the same in my condo for less, than 80-100 baht...from aussie beef....

Do you deliver?

Delivery from Pastrami on Rye of their "Rachel" sandwich seems your best option. As far as I know, there isn't a Jewish deli in Pattaya and not many places that serve corned beef sandwiches.

I'll try to get out to P on R to take some pics. Thing is, some foods don't photograph well. I normally have the P on R stuff delivered and I haven't bothered to take any photos. but if you enjoy North American style sandwiches, P on R is probably your best choice. Also, if you like deep-dish Chicago style pizza, it's to my knowledge the only place in Pattaya you can get it. I'm not a fan of deep-dish or thick crust pizza, but Americans who have tried it say it's very good.

Reuben sandwiches are a favorite of mine, but once you've had one from Katz Deli in NYC, it's hard to settle for less. Some pro pics from the Internet of the Reuben and other corned beef sandwiches at Katz. Theye aren't cheap; a Reuben from Katz costs US $20.25 (660 baht).

Untitled-1.jpg

DGqxOEEAlJ3hv5-640m.jpg

At least they show what a Reuben SHOULD look like.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 3

Their sandwiches are quite good. They also have a good breakfast menu if you are looking for an American style breakfast. Can't convince myself to eat pizza in Thailand so can't comment on their pizzas.

Had lunch yesterday with Greg_B and OJ...as before the food was good and the portions generous.

Spoke with one of the owners and they are expanding the menu...they're adding chicken wings, White Castle sliders, and chili dogs made with Cincinnati Greek chili. This won't mean much to many of you but for this Cincinnati Kid who grew up on this stuff it's a dream come true if they can get it right (or even close).

• Upvote 1

OK I don't know anything about these American sandwiches …………In New York somewhere I had something called after 'Jackie mason'. Could have fed a family of 4…….I had to take it apart and eat it in sections……….

What would be a good 'entry-level' sandwich to try?

I pass this place every morning on my way to and from 'Fitz' at Royal Cliff.

Edited by atlas2

OK I don't know anything about these American sandwiches …………In New York somewhere I had something called after 'Jackie mason'. Could have fed a family of 4…….I had to take it apart and eat it in sections……….

I pass this place every morning on my way to and from 'Fitz' at Royal Cliff.

atlas, I would suggest you try what tallguy just had below...it's very nice, hearty, and tasty without going overboard as a few of them do.

Had the Philly cheese steak delivered last night. Loads of beef and plenty of onion and pepper. A meal in itself.

Did you have your Jackie Mason sandwich at the Stage Deli or Carnegie Deli? It's common in the U.S. - and especially in NYC and Los Angeles - for restaurants to name sandwiches after celebrities. I've never heard of a Jackie Mason sandwich, but I imagine it's a minor variation on a corned beef or pastrami sandwich.

In terms of a basic sandwich, Pastrami on Rye has hot roast beef; beef and cheddar; and hot ham and Swiss cheese. But as MM says, Philly cheese steak is a good choice.

Evil

Their sandwiches are quite good. They also have a good breakfast menu if you are looking for an American style breakfast. Can't convince myself to eat pizza in Thailand so can't comment on their pizzas.

No Pizza, but you can eat pancakes?..............this needs some explaining because I can't see the logic?

Speaking of celebrity sandwiches, one restaurant had on its menu the Hugh Hefner: tube steak with white gravy in a bun-ny.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

No Pizza, but you can eat pancakes?..............this needs some explaining because I can't see the logic?

Who said anything about logic? But anyway, good pancakes, and many aren't good in the US, are much lower on bulk and obvious fat than almost any pizza. Have not encountered a pancake made with cheese or pepperoni, not that there is anything wrong with either of those.

The pancakes at Pastrami on Rye were light, not doughy, and quite tasty.

Did you have your Jackie Mason sandwich at the Stage Deli or Carnegie Deli? It's common in the U.S. - and especially in NYC and Los Angeles - for restaurants to name sandwiches after celebrities. I've never heard of a Jackie Mason sandwich, but I imagine it's a minor variation on a corned beef or pastrami sandwich.

In terms of a basic sandwich, Pastrami on Rye has hot roast beef; beef and cheddar; and hot ham and Swiss cheese. But as MM says, Philly cheese steak is a good choice.

Evil

Sorry a senile moment ……….It was 'Jackie Gleason' There was a photo of him and a load of 50's stars in the restaurant. But as we wannabe Yanks say, "Don't sweat it…..old chap"………..I was looking up Gleason……He died from colon cancer!

However I shall try your suggestion………but sounds like I have to do it on a day when I've skipped breakfast.

However I shall try your suggestion………but sounds like I have to do it on a day when I've skipped breakfast.

Probably a good idea. Having one of Pastrami on Rye's sandwiches the same day you had the full English breakfast at the Pig 'n Whistle would be taking things a bit far.

Sorry a senile moment .It was 'Jackie Gleason' There was a photo of him and a load of 50's stars in the restaurant. But as we wannabe Yanks say, "Don't sweat it..old chap"..I was looking up GleasonHe died from colon cancer!

Ahh, Jackie Gleason. He was a big man noted for his big appetite, so it's understandable a sandwich named after him would be large. But perhaps the most famous sandwich associated with Gleason is the Diablo sandwich from the movie Smokey and the Bandit. That sandwich is generally considered to be [EDIT IN to correct spelling] pulled pork with extra hot BBQ sauce on a hamburger bun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yysmhxd2qP0

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil