Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Review: Areca Lodge (LK Metro)

Stayed at Areca many times over the past 10 years. A decent hotel very well situated. Wifi has ALWAYS been terrible with brief moments of actual usability---how they can not fix this is beyond my comprehension. Stay at Dynasty Grand when in Bangkok and the wifi is always flawless so I know it can be done and the login is so simple: your last name + room number instead of the usual hotel sequence of silly random letters and numbers which it is nearly impossible to memorize. Still, hard to beat the location and that clinches it for me. Have stayed at LK across the street and each experience worse than the last but others speak well of it---never again for me.

They have the worst wifi setup possible.

I have stayed at the Eastiny Seven last trip and even there I had far better wifi connections and speeds.
For those that have stayed at the VT2A condo's and used their external WiFi partner even have better connections while the AP's are located so badly only weak signal is received at any particular condo.

I seriously wouldn't stay there again if it was free and included a Gogol stunner.

You've got me worried now... What makes it so bad? my son arrives in 10 days and is staying there..

Will be back there in June . OK the wifi isn't the best, but it ticks all the other boxes. Now know quite a few of the staff, they're always very pleasant.

I am here now, Nothing wrong with the Hotel, nice rooms, very clean, Bed reasonable to sleep on, plenty of Hot water with good pressure and Breakfast

is dam good.

INTERNET SUCKS and I am hard wired to port, very weak signal drops out allot, takes ages to open some pages.

I cant believe a Hotel of this size has such bad internet, got me fcuked here.

Edited by flashkiwi

I am here now, Nothing wrong with the Hotel, nice rooms, very clean, Bed reasonable to sleep on, plenty of Hot water with good pressure and Breakfast

is dam good.

INTERNET SUCKS and I am hard wired to port, very weak signal drops out allot, takes ages to open some pages.

I cant believe a Hotel of this size has such bad internet, got me fcuked here.

Thanks for the update!!

My son doesn't need to "stay connected" whilst on holiday and any further room bookings can be done elsewhere..... Again it depends on personal requirements so I understand Fisherman's comment..

Internet connection is not a priority for me. If I need to check email there are many internet cafes around.

My only complaint of the place was insufficient drawer and closet space the one time I stayed there. Perhaps that is remedied.

Internet connection is not a priority for me. If I need to check email there are many internet cafes around.

I never used it, but on my last stay, Areca had desktop computers in the lobby that allowed guests to access the Internet. I believe usage was free.

I never used it, but on my last stay, Areca had desktop computers in the lobby that allowed guests to access the Internet. I believe usage was free.

I forgot about those. I stayed there once eight or so years ago. As I recall now they were never overly used.

You've got me worried now... What makes it so bad? my son arrives in 10 days and is staying there..

When I stayed there for 3 nights a couple of years ago (I normally stay at Residence Garden) my room was at the back of the hotel there was only one central tap that only gave out cold water.When I came to check out I was told I could not leave as the TV didn't work (not damaged) just didn't work I hadn't even turned it on after several minutes of discussion I suggested they tried plugging it in ( I had remembered that I had charged my phone in the plug behind the TV) when she rang the maid to tell her to plug it in.She agreed it was ok for me to leave no apology !! Apart from the above it was a very uninspiring place to stay.I would recommend the Residence Garden quote FLB rate for 1500 bht rate. Edited by fisherman194

My first trip was RGI. Too far off the beaten path for me.

edit: forgot to mention and maybe it is improved a decade later - the mattress was hard as a rock. The floor would have been as comfortable.

Edited by midlifecrisis

When I stayed there for 3 nights a couple of years ago (I normally stay at Residence Garden) my room was at the back of the hotel there was only one central tap that only gave out cold water.When I came to check out I was told I could not leave as the TV didn't work (not damaged) just didn't work I hadn't even turned it on after several minutes of discussion I suggested they tried plugging it in ( I had remembered that I had charged my phone in the plug behind the TV) when she rang the maid to tell her to plug it in.She agreed it was ok for me to leave no apology !! Apart from the above it was a very uninspiring place to stay.I would recommend the Residence Garden quote FLB rate for 1500 but rate.

That is shocking. I shall tell my son to check for hot water when he first gets there...

My first trip was RGI. Too far off the beaten path for me.

edit: forgot to mention and maybe it is improved a decade later - the mattress was hard as a rock. The floor would have been as comfortable.

I have stayed at several hotels over the years I have been coming to Pattaya and apart from The Wave (over 5000 a night) Residence garden is by far the best,5 minutes and 40bht on a moto 10 minutes and 10 bht on a bus to Walking st Edited by fisherman194

I have stayed at several hotels over the years I have been coming to Pattaya and apart from The Wave (over 5000 a night) Residence garden is by far the best,5 minutes and 40bht on a moto 10 minutes and 10 bht on a bus to Walking st

I agree with that, also a visiting friend agreed with me after my recommendation.

I also used to use the Nova Park a lot and liked that.

Dusit is good but obviously a different price range.

I checked out the rooms at P.72 Hotel, very nice for 1500 super deluxe, when I return next year I will be staying there, smack in the middle of walking street.

Edited by flashkiwi