Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Mayor posts his hopes for Pattaya -- we're doomed!

How have you attempted to solve the jet ski scam?

We have introduced a database system to register the names of all jet ski service operators in Pattaya. It can help reduce the numbers of scams.

How are you managing the mafia problem in Pattaya?

There is no mafia these days.

Do you mean there is no mafia "officially"?

I truly confirm that there is no mafia.

555 !!

Edited by Fondles

555 !!

Especially funny since his father is the biggest baddest mafia chieftain in Thailand.

They're taking a page from the USA Casa Nostra...there is no mafia, we're just businessmen.

The "Family" has amazing influence. Otherwise the folks who cleaned up Phuket (some) would have landed on the "Family" by now. But we can only hope........?

Little Roy

The "Family" has amazing influence. Otherwise the folks who cleaned up Phuket (some) would have landed on the "Family" by now. But we can only hope........?

Little Roy

Indeed and quoting from that article, this is how well the children of Kamnan Poh have done...

Somchai Khunploem has served as one of the leading figures in Thailand's political and criminal spheres.[/size]

Somchai's strong power base in Chonburi province had earned him the nicknames [/size]Godfather of the Eastand [/size]Godfather of Chonburi.[/size]

Somchai Khunploem has four sons and one daughter, all in influential positions.[/size]

Itthiphol Kunplome is the Mayor of Pattaya.[/size]

Wittaya Khunplome manages the Chonburi Administration Organisation and is in charge for most of Pattaya's larger festivities. He controls an annual budget of US$5 billion.[/size]

Narongchai Khunploem is the Mayor of Saensuk Municipality as well as the Managing Director of the Five Leader Group and the Executive Director of Bangsaen Beach Resort, Bangsaen Beach Villas, S.S. Bangsaen Beach and The Tide Resort.[/size]

Sontaya Khunpleum is Thailand's Minister of Culture. During November 2012 he replaced Culture Minister[/size]Sukamol Kunplome, a former beauty queen and [/size]Sontaya's wife. He stated that he has the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by Mrs. Sukamol. She had to took the post until a political ban on her husband had been lifted.[/size]

Considering that the father is "in jail" (well, in hospital) for a murder of a rival gang head, I'd say they managed to become "legitimate" amazingly fast.

Will the new PM be looking at this situation? No, of course, not, because there is no mafia.

• Upvote 2

Especially funny since his father is the biggest baddest mafia chieftain in Thailand.

They're taking a page from the USA Casa Nostra...there is no mafia, we're just businessmen.

I saw a news article how many Pattaya celebrities attended a birthday party for this guy.

Any guesses?

I saw a news article how many Pattaya celebrities attended a birthday party for this guy.

Any guesses?

I can guarantee the arsehole Niels Colov would be there.
  • Upvote 2

Over the last few years I have read many things about our mayor...going to do this and that

Now I take it all with a pinch of salt...most of it is all 'Wind & Piss'

This proverb comes to mind....Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

• Upvote 2