Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Shouldn't this go the way of the buggy whip?

I am constantly amazed at the optimism that seems to flow in the veins of the street and beach hawkers. You have people selling table cloths, belts and what-have-you at the beach, and in the bar areas, you have these folk still hanging on to the idea that they might find someone who doesn't have a mobile with a camera and a way to share photos...

There were 3 Polaroid hawkers outside Hot Tuna and FLB last night...at the same time and while I watched, not one got a sale in 30 minutes.

2015-04-08 01.18.30.jpg

It certainly feels outdated. Especially if you end up with a paper copy of a photo. I am surprised that they still make polaroids, even digital versions.

Much cheaper to go and buy a long reach "Selfie Stick" if you want a picture taken with a bar girl, or a holiday rental.

Do you still see guys in bars with a wreath around their necks on the last night of their holiday, spending the remains of their holiday cash, ringing the bell and their true love is flashing off her gold trophy trinket ? :lsmile

I reckon these bar vendors must walk miles every night, just for a handful of customers if they are lucky. Especially if they are walking around with a crafted wooden carving that is too heavy and large to get into a suitcase to take take home :llaugh

Yes, the floral garlands are still used for arrival, departure and birthday (at a minimum).

Yes, the northern Thai ladies with the wooden carved pieces (that damned frog thing) are still around I think, though they aren't present on Walking Street that I know of.

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday! Interesting how they hide the camera in a bag or under a jacket then whip it out in a flourish when they spot a couple minding their own business,only to stash it away again when they get the predictable refusal.Must be amazing for them when they finally get a sale.

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday! Interesting how they hide the camera in a bag or under a jacket then whip it out in a flourish when they spot a couple minding their own business,only to stash it away again when they get the predictable refusal.Must be amazing for them when they finally get a sale.

Yes, I noted the hiding of the camera in the bag business as well. I wasn't sure if it was for dramatic "presto!" effect or to keep it from the eyes of the police, but yes, all of them were using their bags to hide the camera when they didn't have prey in sight.

Feel the same with the guys and girl trying to sell DVD's

Who buys them now ?

Joe

Excellent point!

Thread Hijacked!

It was actually a riding crop, beautiful white girl, a bit of a nutter and one of the most intelligent person I have ever met, cocktail waitress who could sit down and bang out a short story worthy of publishing in minutes, blow job every morning and again before I left for work, three holer, ass to mouth, the whole nine yards, anything you wanted, so intense it would scare even the most hardened stripper away from a threesome.

*she refused to 69...claimed she would bite my cock off when she came...I was happy to oblige that refusal.

I was never so in love and so afraid for my life...I once went on a cruise without her, she left me over 100 voice mails a day, alternating with death threats and claims of undying love.

I ended up going back and forth with her several times over a period of about 4-5 years. I just couldn't shake it.

Finally ended with a restraining order after she punched out a window in my house trying to get to me. Then she mailed me a fairy tale she wrote about a witch who steals hearts and keeps them in a jar.

15 years later I still run into her at work, she stares at me with a barely describable look of both hunger and anger.

She put on a bit of weight and the drinking has taken a toll on her face. Otherwise, I'd be dead.

• Upvote 3

Thread Hijacked!

It was actually a riding crop, beautiful white girl, a bit of a nutter and one of the most intelligent person I have ever met, cocktail waitress who could sit down and bang out a short story worthy of publishing in minutes, blow job every morning and again before I left for work, three holer, ass to mouth, the whole nine yards, anything you wanted, so intense it would scare even the most hardened stripper away from a threesome.

*she refused to 69...claimed she would bite my cock off when she came...I was happy to oblige that refusal.

I was never so in love and so afraid for my life...I once went on a cruise without her, she left me over 100 voice mails a day, alternating with death threats and claims of undying love.

I ended up going back and forth with her several times over a period of about 4-5 years. I just couldn't shake it.

Finally ended with a restraining order after she punched out a window in my house trying to get to me. Then she mailed me a fairy tale she wrote about a witch who steals hearts and keeps them in a jar.

15 years later I still run into her at work, she stares at me with a barely describable look of both hunger and anger.

She put on a bit of weight and the drinking has taken a toll on her face. Otherwise, I'd be dead.

She sounds like a girl, I'd like for a long weekend.

Feel the same with the guys and girl trying to sell DVD's

Who buys them now ?

Joe

Actually I have!

Why not?

Actually I have!

Why not?

I've done the same in the distant past…….. I found too many problems with the street vendors…...

So only bought from the shops in tuc kom. One by one they are disappearing too…….and the reason? Streaming and android boxes.

My box cost 5000 bt I haven't bought a dvd since last October. and I've packed in my True visions package……..It's the way to go Jacko.

Soon the dvd will go the way of VHS……..

Interestingly vinyl is coming back…….And because it's superior.

Actually I have!

Why not?

Never said anyone should not , but between downloads , free sites , and satellite TV ,

it' must make peddling DVD's hard ,

The only thing it's got left as far as I can see is the human interaction , some of the venders are cute ,

Joe

I have no doubt the wife hunters once found their ideal women in the plethora of bars , will have pictures taken ,,

The hawkers would not be there if no custom , one old drunk is all they need I would imagine .

Never said anyone should not , but between downloads , free sites , and satellite TV ,

it' must make peddling DVD's hard ,

The only thing it's got left as far as I can see is the human interaction , some of the venders are cute ,

Joe

DVDs still a good earner according to the "brother-in-law" , unless he or his like nabs them of course! :bhappy

I've done the same in the distant past…….. I found too many problems with the street vendors…...

So only bought from the shops in tuc kom. One by one they are disappearing too…….and the reason? Streaming and android boxes.

My box cost 5000 bt I haven't bought a dvd since last October. and I've packed in my True visions package……..It's the way to go Jacko.

Soon the dvd will go the way of VHS……..

Interestingly vinyl is coming back…….And because it's superior.

I could watch films via streaming and android boxes back in the UK, why come all the way to Thailand to do it?

Too busy looking for girls in bars devoid of them. :D

Actually haven't bought a DVD from a street vendor for a bit, nor do I play a DVD at home much... just now and again I will look through a pile handed me while in a bar... beats having my picture taken using an ancient polaroid camera, while biting the head off a slow Loris.

Might be able to work on the pile of unwatched DVDs over Songkran

I guess the Polaroid guys dont have any overheads apart from film. Save up and buy a camera and that's it. I doubt if any of them have any photographic skills :uh-uh:

They dont have to buy wholesale goods to sell on the streets. The hawkers who seem to do well, are the ones selling make up and sexy underwear to the bar girls, and they hoping that a punter will buy something for them too.

I have no doubt the wife hunters once found their ideal women in the plethora of bars , will have pictures taken ,,

The hawkers would not be there if no custom , one old drunk is all they need I would imagine .

When your right your right , I was that soldier !!!

Confessions time ,

Picture this ( excuse the pun )

It's the night of New Years day ,

Two friends have been out celebrating ones birthday ,

they stop a the Cherry Bar , up comes a salesman , with his camera ,

" picture sirs "

About to say not thanks , when he plays his ace. What baldy could resist ,? not one but two wigs ,

well this was going to be the jest of the year , there was not way the girls had seen this before

So on with the wigs and fun started , bells rang girls cheered , Adam had a tear in his eye ,

Well worth the 100 baht , I paid , my mate got the photo as it was his birthday

Yes a cool night , or maybe In hindsight you had to be there ,

Below evidence of how cool I looked

Joe

image.jpg

Edited by gs joe
  • Upvote 1

I guess the Polaroid guys dont have any overheads apart from film. Save up and buy a camera and that's it. I doubt if any of them have any photographic skills :uh-uh:

They dont have to buy wholesale goods to sell on the streets. The hawkers who seem to do well, are the ones selling make up and sexy underwear to the bar girls, and they hoping that a punter will buy something for them too.

I often wonder if they even own the cameras. The types wandering around trying to take pictures look very poor and often not Thai. I had the thought they were organised like the trinket sellers and the women with a sad looking lolling infant.

Great shot, Joe - he caught the mood beautifully.

Thank you I feel the same

Joe

Sorry hit the neg rep button by mistake , can someone please fix ?

Edited by gs joe

When your right your right , I was that soldier !!!

Confessions time ,

Picture this ( excuse the pun )

It's the night of New Years day ,

Two friends have been out celebrating ones birthday ,

they stop a the Cherry Bar , up comes a salesman , with his camera ,

" picture sirs "

About to say not thanks , when he plays his ace. What baldy could resist ,? not one but two wigs ,

well this was going to be the jest of the year , there was not way the girls had seen this before

So on with the wigs and fun started , bells rang girls cheered , Adam had a tear in his eye ,

Well worth the 100 baht , I paid , my mate got the photo as it was his birthday

Yes a cool night , or maybe In hindsight you had to be there ,

Below evidence of how cool I looked

Joe

Great looking syrups :bhappy