Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Let's hear what's going on with you now...similar to Facebook

If you're out and about, or just kicking back, or if you're doing something special or something boring, share it in this thread and let's see where it goes.

It doesn't matter where you are, be it Pattaya or outer Mongolia...just pop in and give all of us a look into what's doing with you.

This is essentially what a facebook status post is (in many cases).

Me? Right now I'm cooking a nice, thick, 500g Aussie ribeye steak and a potato and about to go watch Vikings season finale.

After that, I might just post something from a Friday night on the town.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dinner at the Sportsman Bangkok ... the 195 Baht Sunday roast, some larb moo, a fried fish coconut and curry sauce dish (tasted a lot better than it looked, and chocolate cake/coconut ice cream  

Chilling out at the Huang Num Keau Waterfall on Koh Kood. It's in the middle of the jungle and not easily accessible, a 20 minute ride along some dirt road, then another 15 minutes to climb down a ro

Daughters first day at Bangkok University today, she has started her law course, on the phone already asking more money for books, lol.   In good old student tradition her first lesson of the day

Posted Images

Hi Martin, well I am in AC with my long-term Filipina GF. Life changed drastically for me after I met her and after 12 years of happy mongering I gave it up to live a settled life. We still spend half the year in Pattaya, I kept my old room on, and it is a good place for a holiday. Other than travelling to other spots, HKK and Singapore recently, not much exciting going on but I am more content than I have been for many years. There is a life after mongering, you just have to choose the right one.

• Upvote 1

Mid May a good friend of mine is coming from Florida for a visit. He is bringing his Brazilian girlfriend with him. That eliminated our normal whoring around. His brother lives in Chiang Rai. We decided to take the ladies to Angkor Watt. My wife always wanted to see it and my Chiang Rai friend's wife also wanted to see it. I spent the day making air ticket and hotel reservations. Everything is now planned except my re-entry permit. I'll be headed to Chiang Khan next Tuesday. This is NOT our normal itinerary for my friend's visit. No Ban Chang visit for him this trip.

We could have saved quite a bit of money by taking a private van tour from Bangkok. The tour company gave us a very good price because there are six of us. The Chiang Rai guy said that a hearse doesn't have luggage racks so we may as well spend some extra money now.

• Upvote 2

I kinda thought I did that a bit already, with my dull tales of prepping durian and odd night out.

Perhaps my ongoing (6 years and counting) 'battle' with a rather large and noisy tookay lizard I would like to be rid of.

I keep catching her partners and moving them on but she is a wily one. Or how I climbed a ladder recently to block off her hidey hole only to get wobbly up there and come back down before I broke my stupid skull. I was walking down the street like a great white hunter yesterday to get rid of a harmless snake I had caught... easy to impress locals as they seem to fear the most innocuous of snakes.

Today is Saturday, mostly stay home, BBQ day sometimes, but she did her wonderful ribs yesterday.

Edited by jacko
spelling
  • Upvote 1

I'm just about to go off to the local RSL club to play 2 up,and celebrate the 100th anniversary of ANZAC day.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Considering that this topic has been viewed by 36 users, but only 4 of us have written anything, does that mean that the other 32 of you have nothing going on at all?

Just to keep it going, I'm drinking my 2nd cup of instant coffee :yikes:, waiting for the missus to wake up so we can drive to Naklua to pick up my espresso/cappuccino machine from Bon Cafe, where it has been being repaired for the last 3 weeks. This machine was the one used at FLB for so many years (11) and came home with me. It's worked like a champ all these years, but finally gave up the ghost.

I figure if I start getting real espresso in my system in the mornings, my days will be much better, so this is an exciting morning for me.

Drunk, good friends just left my condo in New England. Steaming some dumplings to absorb the vodka. Spent the last two days working on my boat, getting ready for summer. It snowed three times yesterday..WTF? Snow didn't stick, but amazing that it happened.

Had to skip this winter in LOS. Had big plans and waited for friends to finalize plans to join me, they backed out last minute and I just didn't feel like going alone. That's OK it worked out int he end. I won't make that mistake next winter.

Headed to Manchester, England in a few days for a few days of partying. Then back for a (hopefully) glorious summer of sailing.

See you all in January :)

• Upvote 1

Considering that this topic has been viewed by 36 users, but only 4 of us have written anything, does that mean that the other 32 of you have nothing going on at all?

Just to keep it going, I'm drinking my 2nd cup of instant coffee :yikes:, waiting for the missus to wake up so we can drive to Naklua to pick up my espresso/cappuccino machine from Bon Cafe, where it has been being repaired for the last 3 weeks. This machine was the one used at FLB for so many years (11) and came home with me. It's worked like a champ all these years, but finally gave up the ghost.

I figure if I start getting real espresso in my system in the mornings, my days will be much better, so this is an exciting morning for me.

Strange that you should mention coffee. I have a drip coffee maker but it is too much bother to grind beans and go to the trouble. I now drink Red Cup instant and just bought a Nescafe coffee maker for it. It is supposed to make the instant coffee as good as coffee from an espresso machine. Obviously it doesn't do that but it is much better than just putting in hot water. It is convenient and I think that the steam and super hot water water gets the best taste possible out of instant coffee.

As usual my wife outsmarts me. She makes coffee so bad that I am forced to make it myself. She is a very good cook and I'm sure that she deliberately screws up even instant coffee.

• Upvote 1

I don't drink coffee but love the smell……..

I bought one of those things, ( can never remember if its a percolator or infuser or what)... where you put a little water in the base, drop in a container with a couple of spoons of ground coffee …….Screw it tight and stick it on the hob.

When the water boils it blasts through the coffee………And gives off a heady, comforting aroma.

The coffee tastes like shit………I throw it away. But the smell lingers.

I bought it to add authenticity and compliment my sensory enjoyment of the Brazilian World Cup…….

Which it did…... in that I quickly awoke from my dreams of an England success……..and could smell the coffee!

……….I just pray they never hold a World Cup in Pakistan!

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Well, looking out my window, the sky is very grey, the forecast is rain, the temperature is in single figures and i have a 200 mile drive ahead of me.

On the plus side, I'm going to see my first grand daughter (already got 3 grandsons), born just 4 weeks ago! :bhappy

And in 4 weeks time I'll be in Patts!!! :bhappy :bhappy

KM

• Upvote 1

Coffee seems to be the topic of the day, so ...

Got my new automatic coffee machine just two days before leaving for a nice three week holiday CUM work in the Philippines, returned last night, and now struggling with the user interface of this shiny new Coffee preparation computer. Coffee is getting better already, but still need to experiment more with the settings. Getting better by the cup, but not great (yet).

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to chat up BM Bouquetta but she is playing hard to get.

Guess I will have to drown my sorrows this evening at Hanrhan's in Soi4 Bkk over a few pints of draught and a Weekend roast dinner.

Heading over to Thailand on the 18th so starting to get things organised for the trip... got a few things to do on the house when we get there so starting to make a list of stuff I'll be taking with me.

I'll be off to work this afternoon.... only got 10 more shifts to do and then I'm off for 4 weeks.

And this evening Mrs Fiend is planning on cooking "Tattie Pot" for me.This will be her 5th attempt at the dish and she's getting better and better at it.

Tomorrow, taking a shift off to go and watch my local Rugby League team and enjoy a few pints either celebrating a win or drowning my sorrows after a loss

• Upvote 1

In England and just off to the glorious Cathedral City that is Bath.had a wonderful sunny week but now it's the weekend, it's overcast ?

Edited by ajsp9

Just installed lanzalads Expat TV app and PM'ed him the unit ID.

Enjoy!

In England and just off to the glorious Cathedral City that is Bath.had a wonderful sunny week but now it's the weekend, it's overcast

Same as here today :P

Just about to head off to work... I have a 20 mile commute to worlk but it's an enjoyable drive in my Volvo C30. Arrival at work means my car being searched by the site security team under the watchful eyes of machine gun totting police officers (and this is in the UK). It's quite funny as we never used to get searched going in but always stood a good chance of being searched leaving but things changed drastically since 9/11 and 7/7 and we've been under heightened security since then.

And already looking forward to my "Tattie Pot" supper and a couple of bottles of Chang!!! :bhappy

Edited by TheFiend

Been dealing with a broken tooth and root canal procedure since Thursday. I've certainly had more enjoyable days in Pattaya.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I'm here in the USA doing some work on a house I want to sell in a few months. Not much fun, but I can finally see the end of it all. And the real estate market seems to be on fire, so the place gets more valuable every day!

In any event, once I'm out of here it's back to Thailand or some other tropical beach. I need a rest.

I have CAT Internet using an air card. It is sometimes pretty good and sometimes very bad, meaning very slow. This month it has been pathetic. I was disgusted enough to tell my wife to cancel it. I had her sign up with Truemove H post paid with the iNet SIM. That SIM is for Internet only. The package is 899 baht per month and gives me 10 GB per month with and extra 2 GB because of a promotion. So far it is pretty good. Anytime I can get 5 Mbps down and 4 up, I'm quite happy. This is one of the disadvantages of living in the boonies.

• Upvote 1

Still down here in Bonita Springs, Florida, might stay all year, not sure yet.

My best friend from Minnesota will be here visiting his parents in a couple of hours so I'm going over to their place tonight and get snockered with him.

It'd be great to hear from some who seldom or never post because they have no input about Pattaya or for any other reason.

This is your chance to introduce yourself by giving a bit of info about yourself.