Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Let's hear what's going on with you now...similar to Facebook

Just had a curry delivered from Royal India, chicken tikka, 2 Nan breads and a mixed vegetable curry... 380 baht..ready to watch the City game..,

Been with a girl I met on Wednesday for 3 days, she has a great big barn of a place far end of Jomtien... Nice girl but 3 nights is enough.... Had a nice week , I read the moans and groans about it here but I don't see it... Really enjoy my time here...

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dinner at the Sportsman Bangkok ... the 195 Baht Sunday roast, some larb moo, a fried fish coconut and curry sauce dish (tasted a lot better than it looked, and chocolate cake/coconut ice cream  

Chilling out at the Huang Num Keau Waterfall on Koh Kood. It's in the middle of the jungle and not easily accessible, a 20 minute ride along some dirt road, then another 15 minutes to climb down a ro

Daughters first day at Bangkok University today, she has started her law course, on the phone already asking more money for books, lol.   In good old student tradition her first lesson of the day

Posted Images

Just about to drag myself into the shower and get ready to go over to Wimbledon to meet up with some mates for a few drinks. Been packing most of the day, before heading off to Thailand for a well deserved break, so I'd better not drink too much tonight and keep my head together. I cant seem to find , my all-in-one, bathing costume :huh:

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 1

Just about to drag myself into the shower and get ready to go over to Wimbledon to meet up with some mates for a few drinks. Been packing most of the day, before heading off to Thailand for a well deserved break, so I'd better not drink too much tonight and keep my head together. I cant seem to find , my all-in-one, bathing costume :huh:

I've located one - habe a good trip

image.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've located one - habe a good trip

Is that Harris Black ?? :llaugh Looks good though. Thanks

I am hoping to pull a rich, beautiful Thai girl, with her own house and car, maybe on the beach. :smile: or the Bamboo bar perhaps.

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just spent 2 hours working on my classic car. Dinner was a chicken breast marinated in Nando's spicy sauce.

Now got to do the usual Saturday night heaps of invoices while listening to an album of choice, which tonight is :

Roger Daltrey and Wilko Johnson's "going back home".

Grazel when you heading out mate?.

Edited by Butch

I have been coming to Pattaya for about 10 years, sometimes 1, 2 or even 3 times in a year. I retired last August and have been traveling in US and finishing up some financial matters (taxes, getting documents to get reimbursement from 2014 flexible spending account, setting claim with insurance company after being rear ended, etc., deciding whether to take pension or lump from my old job, get my savings properly diversified so I have income in retirement) before booking a 2 or 3 month trip to Pattaya. Hopefully, I can book a flight in the next month or two. Being retired is great with very little stress or sense of urgency.

I have not been in Pattaya since November of 2013 and really looking forward to the extended visit before deciding whether to move to Pattaya permanently. I live in Northern California and the weather is borderline perfect here. We actually got a good rain last night although we are still in a severe drought. It is beautiful here - I live near Pleasanton, CA (San Francisco Bay area) where Martin used to live. However, there is no comparison of available pretty women and night life between here and Pattaya.

Today I am working around the house, will take a 3 mile walk up my local watering hole, watch Golden State Warriors basketball playoff game, and take a taxi home. I believe I will cook up some ground turkey and make a salad for lunch before heading out. Another beautiful sunshine day here with temperatures in 70's F.

Again, I need to get a little more of a sense of urgency to get everything in order before making an extended vacation to Pattaya.

Life is very good - or as good as it gets without the lovely ladies of Pattaya. That shortcoming will soon be resolved.

• Upvote 1

Well, A fairly easy shift for me, managed to get away from work a bit early and was welcomed home by Mrs Fiend.... and my verdict on her latest attempt at a Tattie Pot supper..... delicious!!!!

• Upvote 1

Just spent 2 hours working on my classic car. Dinner was a chicken breast marinated in Nando's spicy sauce.

Now got to do the usual Saturday night heaps of invoices while listening to an album of choice, which tonight is :

Roger Daltrey and Wilko Johnson's "going back home".

Grazel when you heading out mate?.

In the morning

Spending a fortune just now getting my daughter ready to attend Bangkok University,she starts Summer School there on 1st June for two months then full time from August. She is studying Thai Law.

Regards

• Upvote 2

Whilst I am 10,000 KM from Pattaya the place is still in the back of my mind.

Despite waking up with a hangover from a drunken evening around the outdoor fire I got motivated this morning. I need to think NOW about getting my garden into order and spray the weeds so that the place doesn't look derelict during my absence. I need to get space sorted for the millions of leaves that fall onto my property and constantly need tidying up. I also have two new pairs of walking shoes and I will be out later running them in before departure date.

I am getting a bit annoyed that the plumber hasnt got back to me as I need work done on the system before I go and as I dont want to piss off the house sitter by having blocked toilets and leaky pipes.

The weather is however so good at the moment and I can see tomorrow as being a beach day again. Thee place that I love is usually deserted but there was a shipwreck there in the 1870's. I have found all sorts from it from ships timber to perhaps over 3000 pieces of sand polished glass which I turn into art projects along with shells, stone and wood bought home from the beach.

I am sure to some that this sounds boring but to me its a good use of great weather, fresh air, exercise and then when it rains, as it will, I will catch up on the dozens of indoor projects that I need to complete before the next 'wheels up'.

I just got finished watching the Klitcho fight. Not very exciting, actually boring. I do hope the Mayweather fight is better. I watched it on http://www.stopstream.me/

If you are in Bangkok and want a terrific cup of coffee, go to the old Cowboy bar across from Queen's Park Plaza hotel on Soi 22. They use the French press. Reasonably priced and a large cup. Their food is so-so but OK. Good breakfast. I usually stay at the Honey House 2 hotel that is near the Cowboy bar.

Hi Martin.. from your old stomping grounds in CA...

We've been blessed with a little rain shower yesterday and recent cool temps... (we're in a serious drought)...

Just downloaded a shit cam version of AOU (Avengers 2)... and trying my damnest not to watch it ;)..

Counting down the days (2 weeks left) before my next trip over...

See ya...

Edited by Saddic

Off down to Manila tomorrow from our house in Pampanga. GF son enrolling in college, marine navigation course for 4 years. He lives with her sister, and has done since he was 8 and she went o'seas to work.

We will stay the night and Then off to the thai embassy for a couple of tourist visas, she gets hers for FREE !! Unfortunately they take two bloody days so have to stay o'nite again and go back wednesday afternoon.

Hi,

Hectic summer planned,fishing last week inPlymouth.Then week in Jersey May.

Pattaya August then a mont in October Florida,Fort Myers at friends place.Plenty

of fishing I hope.

Scottie

• Upvote 1

Dinner at the Sportsman Bangkok ... the 195 Baht Sunday roast, some larb moo, a fried fish coconut and curry sauce dish (tasted a lot better than it looked, and chocolate cake/coconut ice cream

DSCF7006.JPG

DSCF7008.JPG

DSCF7010.JPG

DSCF7016.JPG

• Upvote 4

Dealing with some forum issues this morning...particularly regarding the use of the reputation system.

I'm in a bad mood because a red light has lit up on the coffee machine, and it only brews half a cup. The manual is in Thai, so I have to wait for the missus to wake up and determine the problem.

Plan for today is to go down to the Banglamung post office where I have a tiny package that they didn't deliver from Aliexpress. The tracking info says they "carded" (i.e. left a card in my mailbox) the delivery, but that is bullshit. We got nothing in the post indicating an attempt to deliver was made. Since this was on April 17, in the midst of Pattaya Songkran, it's my guess the postman just stayed somewhere dry and carded every damned package.

Not a good start to the day.

The carriers are usually lazy bastards. There is a gas station near our house. The carriers are at the point that they NEVER deliver to the house. Fortunately the gal at the gas station is a friendly helpful type. She must sign for the items and so far I have always received them. If the tracking says delivered, at least I know where they are. Even Kerry Express has started doing that. I guess that is better than having to drive to the post office.

Watching new season debut of Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown

Season 5 E00 & E01 Parts Unknown on CNN (and a torrent near you... :)

E00 Prime Cuts from Season 4

E01 Korea