Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Let's hear what's going on with you now...similar to Facebook

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dinner at the Sportsman Bangkok ... the 195 Baht Sunday roast, some larb moo, a fried fish coconut and curry sauce dish (tasted a lot better than it looked, and chocolate cake/coconut ice cream  

Chilling out at the Huang Num Keau Waterfall on Koh Kood. It's in the middle of the jungle and not easily accessible, a 20 minute ride along some dirt road, then another 15 minutes to climb down a ro

Daughters first day at Bangkok University today, she has started her law course, on the phone already asking more money for books, lol.   In good old student tradition her first lesson of the day

Posted Images

Practicing "Purple Haze" on the old six string, in preparation for my next guitar lesson.

I have heard that Dell computer service is good even here in Thailand. I received my new computer from Lazada this week. All was well except the mouse was defective. I went online to Dell service and told them about the defective mouse. Today DHL emailed me and wanted to know when and where I wanted the new mouse delivered. Apparently they don't work on weekends so it will be delivered to my house on Monday. Fast and impressive service for sure. I would have been happy to get the new mouse via Thai EMS.

The replacement mouse arrived Monday as promised. The computer is working fine and Dell has a new customer.

Waiting for the new insurance company to come and photograph the inside and outside of car,,,

learnt a funny thing yesterday people with fully comp put their cars in for any scratches at the end of the term.. Lol

Edited by Parkwahn

Been one of those 'should have left it alone' mornings.

My main bedroom sink, the plug didn't seem to be closing 100% when I pulled on the little lever. So I tried 'tightening it' by giving the plug a clockwise twist. It comes out completely in my hand and has come off the little lever rod!

Twenty minutes under the sink getting sweaty just after my shower sorting that.

Then in the spare bathroom I notice the tap is loose, so get a hold of and strain to grip the plastic screw thing underneath and tighten it. It breaks into 4 pieces having gone brittle over time. Another 20 minutes spent under another sink.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it unless you got spare parts and plenty time.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Day 5 of being sick as a dog.

Fever, cough, no appetite, sinus drip, lethargic, sleeping 20+ hours a day, too drowsy to read or watch the tube...

Just a flu I think.

Fever, cough, no appetite, sinus drip, lethargic, sleeping 20+ hours a day, too drowsy to read or watch the tube...

Just a flu I think.

Stop self-diagnosing, Martin, and get your ass to a doc. It sounds pretty serious!

Little Roy

Good advice, you're not 50 anymore.

Stop self-diagnosing, Martin, and get your ass to a doc. It sounds pretty serious!

Little Roy

Got any good docs in mind here?

Just a flu I think.

I had a 3 day one of those when I landed in the UK, but 5 days sounds a lot.

No bone aches I hope?

I had a 3 day one of those when I landed in the UK, but 5 days sounds a lot.

No bone aches I hope?

No achy bones! Got up yesterday and went to immigration for my 90 day report, dreading it and in somewhat of a daze. What a relief that they've streamlined that system so well I was in and out in the time it took me to write the TM.47.

I stopped at my pharmacist on the way home and picked up some Augmentin generic equivalent, and started taking that.

Got up and took a shower, first in a couple of days, and feel much better. Fever's broken too. Day 6 and I'm recovering!

I was just thinking as I grabbed a Schweppes Mai Niaow out of the fridge.....

These buggers and their deceptive ways......

Along with the Dry Ginger Ale and Tonics they are all now 325ml, down from 333 and in a taller but much thinner can!

Which made me have to move the shelves around in my fridge a while back.

Well I still make one can handle 2 mixed drinks by adding 1 more ice cube and perhaps a finger more of liquor.

So you have not helped your profits, more my drinking issues.

I will be on neat gin at this rate, anyone for a dry martini?

There is a rumour beer volumes will be decreasing, isn't the Carlsberg bottle already smaller than the 330ml?

The ones in the Qatar lounge at Manchester were tiny, about 250ml, I looked at it hard and decided to take two.

Edited by jacko

After eating lunch at a local Carl's Jr., I go out to get in my truck. A woman comes out and clicks her key fob at the next car over, but there is no chirp. She then walks on past and says "I was trying to get into the wrong car." Okay, I can understand that. Only thing is, her car was a Toyota Corolla. The first car she tried was an Audi.

5.8 earthquake this afternoon in south central Alaska. It was centered well outside town and rather deep so no damage, but we definitely felt it.

Yesterday I went shopping for a new air conditioner for my computer room. I'm more confused now than ever. I have read so may conflicting reviews on the Internet that I don't have any confidence in any of the reviews. I have pretty much decided on an inverter unit. The most efficient inverter unit at Home Pro was a 12,000 BTU Panasonic.

Anyone have any experience with the inverter air conditioners? I went to a local shop that sells Daikin. The salesgirl there knew nothing and trying to have my wife translate my questions was about the same as talking to my beer bottle.

Yesterday I went shopping for a new air conditioner for my computer room. I'm more confused now than ever. I have read so may conflicting reviews on the Internet that I don't have any confidence in any of the reviews. I have pretty much decided on an inverter unit. The most efficient inverter unit at Home Pro was a 12,000 BTU Panasonic.

Anyone have any experience with the inverter air conditioners? I went to a local shop that sells Daikin. The salesgirl there knew nothing and trying to have my wife translate my questions was about the same as talking to my beer bottle.

I have a Daikin Inverter unit in my bedroom. It seems to be pretty economical compared to the Samsung I chucked away.

it is a few years old now but for your spec you would need a FTKD12HV2S indoor and RKD12HV2S outdoor. Rated at 10,900 BTU and EER of 12.28 It seems to have 5 speeds on the indoor unit but I normally switch it to night mode when I go to bed (it comes on in auto mode about an hour before then). I still have the booklet on that model.

Daikin Inverter won't be cheap (Daikin are good but pricey). If it is only for your computer room maybe you are overspending? The Pattaya Homepro had a special offer on a Daikin 12,000 BTU unit only last week, but a non-inverter model, I think it was 19,000 baht but not sure on that, she wrapped Pappaya in the flyer! You got a Homepro up there? We got a big new fancy one on Sukhumvit!

Edited by jacko

I have a Daikin Inverter unit in my bedroom. It seems to be pretty economical compared to the Samsung I chucked away.

it is a few years old now but for your spec you would need a FTKD12HV2S indoor and RKD12HV2S outdoor. Rated at 10,900 BTU and EER of 12.28 It seems to have 5 speeds on the indoor unit but I normally switch it to night mode when I go to bed (it comes on in auto mode about an hour before then). I still have the booklet on that model.

Daikin Inverter won't be cheap (Daikin are good but pricey). If it is only for your computer room maybe you are overspending? The Pattaya Homepro had a special offer on a Daikin 12,000 BTU unit only last week, but a non-inverter model, I think it was 19,000 baht but not sure on that, she wrapped Pappaya in the flyer! You got a Homepro up there? We got a big new fancy one on Sukhumvit!

I think Daikin may have changed all the model numbers since they changed the refrigerant to R32. I have a quote of 24,900 Baht for a FTKC12NV2S. It's a 12,000 BTU. The Panasonic was higher priced at 28,900 Baht for 12,000 BTU. The SEER rating was much higher on the Panasonic, whatever that means.

Went out to a Greek restaurant yesterday, for lunch. I forgot to take pictures, though. Today, a local tree company is supposed to be cleaning up some huge tree limbs in my yard that came down in a storm the other night. And that's going to cost me $1000 or so, unfortunately. The weather report is not good for this week, so I may well be repeating the same scenario next week. With any luck, I'll have this place fixed up and sold before one of the trees falls on it.

Just back from 3 nights in the boonies... I might post a little pictoral later.

My back aches somewhat, might have been the drive or 3 nights of boredom induced heavy beer consumption!

I think Daikin may have changed all the model numbers since they changed the refrigerant to R32. I have a quote of 24,900 Baht for a FTKC12NV2S. It's a 12,000 BTU. The Panasonic was higher priced at 28,900 Baht for 12,000 BTU. The SEER rating was much higher on the Panasonic, whatever that means.

I went with the Panasonic. Maybe not a good idea but I listened to the salesman. He told me that the Panasonic models had the fewest warranty claims. It is now installed and I'm quite happy with it. Only two days so far. I like the automatic mode. The closer it gets to the set point temperature, the slower and quieter the fan runs. My wife is used to the 500 to 600 baht monthly electric bills. Those days are over. She'll probably hit me up for a little more household expense money. She is now taking a nap on the floor in my cool computer room.

Mrs Fiend dragged me along to see the "Ladyboys of Bangkok" cabaret show performing at my local theatre. :banghead

How was it?

Barry Upton has formed a Ladyboy singing group and will take them on a tour of the UK, called Gurlz?

Will you be going to see them too?

How was it?

Barry Upton has formed a Ladyboy singing group and will take them on a tour of the UK, called Gurlz?

Will you be going to see them too?

Hopefully I'll be able to avoid that one!!!