Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

HELP...

Can anyone let me know what the Asis Pattaya is like ?

What are the rooms like ? Are the Beds Big ?

How are they about guests coming back ? Whats the charge ? How many can you get in ?

It looks OK on the Internet but they don't list the answers to these questions...! ???

Thanks in advance.

GameOn

I wish I could remember exactly where I ripped this off ... er... I mean borrowed... from the web.  Doesn't sound like good news to me.

Posted By: SimonB <mailto:simonbr@hotmail.com?subject=3 Hotel reviews - Asia Pattaya Beach, Carlton Pattaya & Pattaya Center>

Date: Sunday, 3 December 2000, at 3:46 a.m.

ASIA PATTAYA BEACH HOTEL

Cliff Road

Pattaya 20260

Thailand

Tel 00 6638 250 491

Fax 00 6638 250 496

Web site: http://asiatravel.com/asiapattaya/index.html

You may find yourself offered this hotel as part of a package from a UK Travel Agent/Flight Centre. I did so, and took it, in Nov 1999 & 2000.

Location – Between South Pattaya and Jomtien, not far from Pattaya Park. If you want to be close to the action in South/Central Pattaya then it is not the best place. You have to get a baht taxi for about 50/60 baht each way. There are a few Thai restaurants/bars just outside the gates of the hotel but none were beer bars as far as I could tell.

Facilities – Situated on a cliff above a beach cove. Looks like 3 or 4 star interior. Nice, shaped pool with bar. Several restaurants. Fair buffet breakfast if you have/buy a coupon. Very pleasant terrace and lawns on which to relax. Snooker table & hairdresser/massage place. Great view out to sea & small beach at the foot of the cliff. Karaoke lounge. Tennis court. Nice Par 3 golf course.

Types of guest – largely tour groups (Families/couples) from UK or Europe.

Room – I had a double bed with bath/shower. Quite big. Air con of course. Large TV with a few English channels (CNN, MTV) View of Par 3 golf course & Big Buddha. (Rooms other side of hotel must have superb sea view).

Guest Policy - if you want to bring Thai girls back it'll cost you 500B each to let them stay. They’ll need to give in their ID card too

Staff – Friendly but formal

Cost – Only cost me £10 but then I booked through an agency in the UK. Don’t know what the standard rate is.

Overall – Pleasant place to start your holiday but single men would be better off nearer the action in a hotel with no guest fee in Pattaya itself

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avoid this place.  It's a big tourist trap  designed to shunt Japanese groups through in vast numbers.  Obviously built in the 70s, nobody has bothered to up date the tired looking decor.

I picked up a deal on the Internet here offering an executive suite for 1200 baht.   When I arrived, the "suite" turned out to be a bizarre room trying to resemble a ships cabin, complete with portals.  This was one room with two single beds.  I was not happy as it did not match my expectation of an Executive Suite.    I took the matter up with the Manager who insisted that one room could be called a suite if that's what they wanted to call it.  When I asked to see a real suite he showed me a suite that had a bedroom and a lounge room.  Great I said, this is a suite and I'll take it.  Sure he says, that will be 2200 baht.  Not likely!!!  To cut a long story short, the manager would not budge an inch so I told him to shove it, and went and stayed at The Dusit Thani, a vastly superior property, for the same price.

I also told the manager I'd post the details of the hotels deception on the Internet . . . so here it is.

Pattaya Pete (visited briefly November 98)

Don't want to leave you feeling hopeless.... :-/

I'm going to be staying at the Residence Garden from April 2 to the 12 th or so...  From what other people on the board are telling me its a very nice place to stay and far enough away from south pattaya to be quiet but close enough to get into town for a 10 or 20 baht bus ride...  I'll send out a report after I'm arrive...

• 2 months later...

The Asia is bit old and tired now, even though they have attempted to improve things there, from what I understand they have brought an old manager back who used to manage it a couple of years back when it was supposed to be a top quality hotel. But now it's lost it's sparkle It's now well over priced for where it's situated, taxi’s and baht buses can also add to your cost, the only good thing going for it is the quiet semi private beach, rooms are OK even though I had to be moved several times during my two week stay

They also charge 500 baht to bring back a TG and won’t give a discount if you decide to book her in for the rest of your stay, not that happens much.