Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Ill be in Pattaya during the second half of May and need some recommendations for a good quality honest tailor.

Ive searched the forum but there doesnt appear to be any updated information.

I require a quality 3 piece suit for my daughters wedding that can be completed during my 2 week stay.

I would also appreciate an indication of the costs involved.

The guy in the LK Metropole was pretty good. Can't remember exact prices, budget for 4-5k baht and possibly more depending on the cloth and any special requirements.

Don't think you need a specific recommendation. These tailors get a bad rap- mainly because they are annoying. "Suit, suit, Suit sir " We all know the drill.

But the stuff you buy from them is actually pretty good. I have never bought a suit but have bought maybe 20 shirts and a few strides.No complaints. Last time I bought shirts they were ,I think 20/25$ AUD each.

You need to remember you are getting a personal fit, you select your own fabric, its not "off the rack'.

One thing I have noted is that fabric selection can be limited at some tailors. If you don't find a fabric/design you like at one, then move onto the next.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Try O.Tailor in 10 Soi Daynight 2. Along side of Tucom.

Tel 038-413615 or mob 0818648096

I dropped in to see Mr O and his wife Pat to get some trousers made. I had specific requirements regarding the material, th cut and the pockets. He was very helpful and understood my “english”. It took two days and I paid about 1200 baht which I concidered very reasonable.

I could have found cheaper but I wanted quality as well.

otailor.jpg

mr o.jpg

mr o workers.jpg

Unlike many so called tailors these guys make things in house.

I have recommended Mr O to several BM's on other forums and they have sent me PMs thanking me after getting work done.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As I reported in a recent trip report keep an eye out for the annoying bloody tailors ignoring you because they are busy on their mobiles. Suggest that you ignore these guys as obviously they are not hungry enough.

There are a selection of Taylor's shops in the small complex next to the Cherry Bar

got a suit made myself , happy with it , but the one thing I would point out is take time picking the material ,

most seem to think we just want cheep,

Joe

Siam international. Top of Soi six just across second road. I've used them countless times over the years. All my shirts and suits come from them. The shirts are top notch and some lasted years, even with constant pressing and heavy starch.

Definitely not a tout or scammer. He's even stopped to see me and take orders in the USA on the way to visit family here.

http://www.siamintertailor.com/

I also have a wedding next month in the UK.

Just had a suit made by AMA Fashion Pattaya on Central Road (Klang) opposite Topps Supermarket.

Quality material, shirt and tie THB 11,000

3-fittings. 6-days.

Well pleased with the end result.

http://amaa-fashion.com/landing/

• Upvote 1

I also have a wedding next month in the UK.

Just had a suit made by AMA Fashion Pattaya on Central Road (Klang) opposite Topps Supermarket.

Quality material, shirt and tie THB 11,000

3-fittings. 6-days.

Well pleased with the end result.

http://amaa-fashion.com/landing/

Thanks for the reply - I did a Google search as per my post header and AMAA came up straight away - One of the hits was from Trip Advisor and on their they got some really good feed back, so much so that I was planning on using them - Your recommendation has sealed the deal - Thank you.

And thanks to everyone else that posted.

Edited by kuranda_bagman

Thanks for the reply - I did a Google search as per my post header and AMAA came up straight away - One of the hits was from Trip Advisor and on their they got some really good feed back, so much so that I was planning on using them - Your recommendation has sealed the deal - Thank you.

And thanks to everyone else that posted.

Double check those TripAdvisor posts. If you see a lot of posts by people with less than 10 previous posts and if you see a lot of posts written in excellent English by people who purport to reside in non-English speaking places, your antenna should go up.

I once went to a tailor in Phuket who was top of the TripAdvisor list and whose tailoring skills were mediocre at best. Upon re-checking TripAdvisor it was obvious the great reviews were self-generated.

I was about to pose a similar question to the original poster. On my last visit around 18 months ago i used Kris's Tailor in soi 5-6 and was happy with them but i understand that they have now moved. I saw a couple of reviews online for NINI on second Rd near Royal garden and was considering trying them.

With regard to AMA i thought that 11000 was quite steep for a suit shirt and tie. Last time i paid around 7500 for a three piece suit although i did order four of them

I would recommend Nini tailors to you, not on the basis of Trip Advisor, but as a client of theirs for over a decade. I have been very happy with their quality and excellent service.

Guest Lao Lover

Each of my five trips over I have used Rani at Rani's Fashion, across Walking Street from FLB Bar. I just emailed him this morning to have a few more suits done replicating my last order from him.

For my 60th a mate sent over some Boss gear, belt, wallet, socks and a black polo shirt. I wear this shirt a lot and it's gotten a couple of very small holes on the shoulder……Normally I'd bin it but I like the fit and thought I'll get another one.

So last trip to BKK I visit the Boss store in 'Paragon' .sp? The attendants look down their silicon noses at me as though I'm something the cat just dragged in….Trying by my demeanor to shake off the evil-smelling-peasant aura I obviously carry about with me, I see two black polos and saunter over to them.

I study the first... showing posh people interest by only slowly and seemingly as an afterthought getting round to checking out the price tag…….Hmmm this one for, '14,400 Bt' and then the other like the one I have for, '14,800 Bt'…….I kid you fucking not!!

This, happier now to be considered a peasant because it's better than being considered the 'creme de la creme'…..ie rich and thick, headed straight for the door…..

To cut a long story short I won't be replacing this shirt……..or binning it. I'd like to repair it and squeeze another year out of it.

On the above recommendations I'll go along to GM's place and see what they can do…….I'll let you know.

Edited by atlas2

For my 60th a mate sent over some Boss gear, belt, wallet, socks and a black polo shirt. I wear this shirt a lot and it's gotten a couple of very small holes on the shoulder……Normally I'd bin it but I like the fit and thought I'll get another one.

So last trip to BKK I visit the Boss store in 'Paragon' .sp? The attendants look down their silicon noses at me as though I'm something the cat just dragged in….Trying by my demeanor to shake off the evil-smelling-peasant aura I obviously carry about with me, I see two black polos and saunter over to them.

I study the first... showing posh people interest by only slowly and seemingly as an afterthought getting round to checking out the price tag…….Hmmm this one for, '14,400 Bt' and then the other like the one I have for, '14,800 Bt'…….I kid you fucking not!!

This, happier now to be considered a peasant because it's better than being considered the 'creme de la creme'…..ie rich and thick, headed straight for the door…..

To cut a long story short I won't be replacing this shirt……..or binning it. I'd like to repair it and squeeze another year out of it.

On the above recommendations I'll go along to GM's place and see what they can do…….I'll let you know.

When you are ready to bin it, I'd imagine that some tailor would be able to duplicate it using the original as a pattern after removing the stitching.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my suit.

I ended up using AMA Fashions (opposite Tops supermarket) on Pattaya Klang.

I have to say all the reviews about them were 100% accurate.

I was greeted with cold drinks and no hard sell. I had come prepared with a photo of the style of suit I wanted and with that we set about choosing the fabric.

The process was really professional and I was presented with three prices for the three levels of fabric I had been shown.

Once I selected the price I wanted I was measured for the suit and my first fitting was scheduled for 2 days later.

I was delighted to meet Chris the owner during the initial consultation and as many of the reviews mentioned, he was indeed a really nice guy.

My first fitting went well and it was indeed a delight to not have to suck my gut in to clip up the trousers. Bespoke is indeed a dream.

As I was happy with the fitting, including a tailored white shirt, the go ahead was given to complete my order.

Two days later I turned up to try on the finished ensemble and the results were impressive. The finish was superb, the fit perfect and the final result outstanding.

I was offered a silk tie as a gift, the suit was packed in a suit cover and the balance of the quoted price was paid. No excuses for more work or material than quoted. Just a genuine old fashioned business transaction. Simply the best.

I can not adequately describe the service I received, other than to say in true Australian fashion, if you are in Pattaya and need any item of clothing made to measure, you have rocks in your head if you dont use AMA Fashion Pattaya.

Regarding cost, I selected the middle range fabric and got a two piece double breasted suit, with white cotton shirt for bt 6,000

• Upvote 2

There is a tailor on Second Road just around the corner from South Pattaya Road, literally a couple of doors from the junction. If memory serves me correctly, it's called ‘Yes Boss’.

I have no knowledge regarding the quality of the clothing he produces, but what a business man! I was ‘lured’ into his shop by the rack of postcards outside - postcards selling for 4B. Going into the shop to pay for them, the conversation progressed along the lines of, ‘Hello, sir… Enjoying your time in Pattaya… How long you here for… Have you thought about having a suit made..?’

I didn’t buy a suit, or anything else except the postcards, but I did tell him how impressed I was at his business acumen. What a brilliant way to get people into his shop – sell postcards cheaper than anywhere else. I’m amazed that other tailors haven’t taken up the idea. So much better than having someone outside all day getting continuous knock-backs.

I purchased a couple of suits from Yes Boss a few years back after being lured in by the postcard routine. They literally fell apart after being worn a handful of times. One of the pockets came away from the suit at a wedding which was a bit embarrassing at the time

Not your wedding, I hope. That would be a double tragedy.

Despite the low quality of the merchandise, you have to admit that the 'postcard routine' is a stroke of genius.

Just an update on my suit.

I ended up using AMA Fashions (opposite Tops supermarket) on Pattaya Klang.

I have to say all the reviews about them were 100% accurate.

I was greeted with cold drinks and no hard sell. I had come prepared with a photo of the style of suit I wanted and with that we set about choosing the fabric.

The process was really professional and I was presented with three prices for the three levels of fabric I had been shown.

Once I selected the price I wanted I was measured for the suit and my first fitting was scheduled for 2 days later.

I was delighted to meet Chris the owner during the initial consultation and as many of the reviews mentioned, he was indeed a really nice guy.

My first fitting went well and it was indeed a delight to not have to suck my gut in to clip up the trousers. Bespoke is indeed a dream.

As I was happy with the fitting, including a tailored white shirt, the go ahead was given to complete my order.

Two days later I turned up to try on the finished ensemble and the results were impressive. The finish was superb, the fit perfect and the final result outstanding.

I was offered a silk tie as a gift, the suit was packed in a suit cover and the balance of the quoted price was paid. No excuses for more work or material than quoted. Just a genuine old fashioned business transaction. Simply the best.

I can not adequately describe the service I received, other than to say in true Australian fashion, if you are in Pattaya and need any item of clothing made to measure, you have rocks in your head if you dont use AMA Fashion Pattaya.

Regarding cost, I selected the middle range fabric and got a two piece double breasted suit, with white cotton shirt for bt 6,000

Thanks for the update sounds like a good recommendation to myself and quick time for the end product (suit) 4 days!

No offence but I though double brested suits went out of fashion ages ago - I have still got one in my wardrobe somewhere, if they are back in fashion might have to drag it out (if it still fits) :-)

Thanks for the update sounds like a good recommendation to myself and quick time for the end product (suit) 4 days!

No offence but I though double brested suits went out of fashion ages ago - I have still got one in my wardrobe somewhere, if they are back in fashion might have to drag it out (if it still fits) :-)

They gay eye for the straight guy , they go with his Winklepickers

Just jesting J ,

Joe

I was looking in Soi DayNight for "O Taylor" ( ør something like that).

I could not find the shop. Does anyone have a link to it in Google maps or similar ?

I was looking in Soi DayNight for "O Taylor" ( ør something like that).

I could not find the shop. Does anyone have a link to it in Google maps or similar ?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@12.923019,100.878751,3a,92.4y,136.31h,88.05t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1srSBVUK56DxQesJxAwfdw5w!2e0?hl=en-AU

Easy to find if you start fro Tukcom its about 159 meters down the soi on the left.

Edited by graymatter