Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A couple of years ago I remember there was a large market in the evenings off 2nd Road. As you headed north, just past the entrance to Drinking Street it would have on the right, before that large building that goes all the way to Dolphin roundabout. The market was pretty big selling mostly touristy type stuff with staging to one side with Thai singers and dancing.

Is it still there? Is it on every night or at certain times of the year?

Also, I remember one time there where many stalls along Beach Road, beach side, from about Soi 8 to WS. Does this still happen?

That market has gone. It did however re-open in a more sophisticated form about 100 metres South on the left (as you head back into town) and can be seen from Second Road. This is of course if they haven't moved elsewhere recently!

While you are in the area can I suggest that you make a visit to the 'shop' behind Big C which is another 100 metres South/ Head up either of the sois that run alongside the Big C and on the road at the rear you will not miss the place. Its gigantic and has everything that you might ever need in life.

The market stalls along Beach Rd still happen for special events... they widened Beach Rd to 3 lanes to accommodate them.

Bit of a nuisance really but actually popular with tourists.

The new place, I think is called Night Market or Night Bazaar... there is also Made in Thailand on 2nd Rd.

If you want market shopping personally I think the Soi Bua Khao market at the Tai end beats them, or the Weekend one on Threppasit, near the Sukhumvit end.

Plenty of markets and shopping in Pattaya.... rumour has that is all there will be in a decade! :D

• 3 weeks later...