Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Deflate gate

The New England Patriots were caught cheating prior to the Super Bowl. Now the hammer falls. Brady was suspended for 4 games. NE was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017.

Does the NFL have a 3 strike rule? Maybe time for an ownership change?

I wonder if Colin Kaepernick still defends Tom Brady, says let 'deflategate' go?

Edited by ttk

I think they got off way to lightly. What's the message here? Cheat and get a slap on the wrist?

What would you impose on the team and Mr Brady?

They are a lot less forgiving in Australia.

The soccer league discovered Perth Glory was breaching the salary cap this year, they were banned from the finals and fined. The Glory were second on the table at the time.

A couple of years ago in the National Rugby League the Melbourne Storm was stripped of all points for the current year, 2 premiership titles and 3 minor premierships (they had the most points at the end of the regular season) over salary cap breaches. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-tipped-to-dock-melbourne-storm-points-over-salary-cap-breaches/story-e6frexnr-1225856965748

Big rating and TV money talks.

From the reports I have seen, the penalties were for not cooperating. Brady still refuses to provide his text messages.

If he is as innocent as claimed, What dies he have to hide?

NE even makes out financially, around 1.8 million salary they will not pay Brady and only 1 million fine.

Since this was the second major cheating incident, They are getting off lightly...

With the money involved you'd think the NFL would do more to insure the integrity of the game, this was't the first time Brady had the air let out of the ball by his lacky.

I can not imagine the anger a bettor who lost money on that game has towards both Brady and the NFL.

The NFL has lost some glitter, they can not be trusted to provide a fair playing field for both teams.

From the reports I have seen, the penalties were for not cooperating. Brady still refuses to provide his text messages.

If he is as innocent as claimed, What dies he have to hide?

NE even makes out financially, around 1.8 million salary they will not pay Brady and only 1 million fine.

Since this was the second major cheating incident, They are getting off lightly...

I really don't care about most of this, however on Brady not providing his text messages and what does he have to hide I have several comments

1) he is not required to hand over his personal information for a fishing expedition. They couldn't get a court order for whatever reason.

2) handing over a portion of his text messages was not an option. He would still be accused of hiding something.

3) that means they wanted to see all of his personal messages. To his wife, kids, friends ETC. in other words stuff that is nobodies fucking business.

4) once handed over he had no control of what got released or who had access.

So I would have told them to fuck off even if there was proof I didn't do it. So TTK would you be willing to expose your text messages to the world, or what do you have to hide.

• Upvote 1

I guess I would want to see a penalty stiff enough so that no team would ever again try to cheat. It's supposed to be a sport, after all, not some contest with no rules.

So TTK would you be willing to expose your text messages to the world, or what do you have to hide.

First, I have not been accused of cheating like Brady has.

Second, i am not being investigated for anything detrimental to football

Third, I have nothing to hide. I would have zero problem with you looking at my text messages

Finally, is your insinuation that I have something to hide due to your inferiority complex or just a childish desire to argue?

• Upvote 1

Its a stupid rule to begin with. The offense is responsible for providing the ball in play.......for obvious reasons. Remove rules about air pressure and neither team has an advantage.

I'm not sure I quite understand this.

Isn't it the responsibility of the umpires to provide and monitor the balls as they do in other sports…..? If it isn't perhaps it should be.

Professional teams will cheat if they can. In football (the real kind) tugging, tripping, blocking off, deliberate handballs are glossed over as professional fouls……. and celebrated by fans and even excused by TV commentators. It's what I hate most about today's game. In cricket the bowlers will try to get away with as much as they can…….but the umpires keep an eye on things

Football inflation pressures set to a norm, taking an account of the altitude of various stadiums for consistency... seems a no brainer.

I'm sure I'll be enlightened.

• Upvote 1

First, I have not been accused of cheating like Brady has.

Second, i am not being investigated for anything detrimental to football

Third, I have nothing to hide. I would have zero problem with you looking at my text messages

Finally, is your insinuation that I have something to hide due to your inferiority complex or just a childish desire to argue?

Sorry TTK no desire to argue and no insinuation you have something to hide. I was trying to get you to look at this from another angle IE if it was you being asked to open your life how would you feel. Evidently you are consistant and don't see a problem with revealing this type of information. I on the other hand think we as "free" people have a right to privacy. Just because someone "accuses" someone, everyone seems to think they have a right or you have an obligation to let them examine your entire life. It is too easy to fall into this "if you have nothing to hide" trap. I for one don't give anyone much of any information mostly because it is not any of their business. So I guess I'm saying that frankly I could care less if Brady cheated or not. It is a bunch of people making loads money playing a game; I've never understood how anyone gets so involved in any of these games but it is a big business. But I am saying I understand someone not wanting to give the world their personal information.

• Upvote 2

Its a stupid rule to begin with. The offense is responsible for providing the ball in play.......for obvious reasons. Remove rules about air pressure and neither team has an advantage.

Most balls actually used are provided by the home team, not both offenses...

"Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.

These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a proper ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances must be reported to the Commissioner.

In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive team’s center.

The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side of the playing field."

I'm not sure I quite understand this.

Isn't it the responsibility of the umpires to provide and monitor the balls as they do in other sports…..? If it isn't perhaps it should be.

Professional teams will cheat if they can. In football (the real kind) tugging, tripping, blocking off, deliberate handballs are glossed over as professional fouls……. and celebrated by fans and even excused by TV commentators. It's what I hate most about today's game. In cricket the bowlers will try to get away with as much as they can…….but the umpires keep an eye on things

Football inflation pressures set to a norm, taking an account of the altitude of various stadiums for consistency... seems a no brainer.

I'm sure I'll be enlightened.

Hi,

Good post. Pro sport is a win at all costs game. It is up to the officials to prevent sharp practice.

I guess I would want to see a penalty stiff enough so that no team would ever again try to cheat. It's supposed to be a sport, after all, not some contest with no rules.

NFL is becoming an Athletic Exhibition, not a real sport

I can think of a few things, especially as a life long Seattle fan. Ban them(Pats) from the play offs and Super Bowl for 2015-2016 season. That is a more painful penalty than a million dollar fine. The equipment manager texts make it clear that Brady ordered the balls to be adjusted. So he needs to pay the price. Next time to steroid test Gronk.

It's up to the NFL to check the equipment. If NASCAR can check all the cars before a race, the NFL officials should be at least be able to check the balls.

It's up to the NFL to check the equipment. If NASCAR can check all the cars before a race, the NFL officials should be at least be able to check the balls.

Hi,

Too true. Why trust the teams ?

Yeah, doubt this is the first time anyone has done it so you'd think the league would have addressed what to do. Though doesn't mean they didn't address it by ignoring it. Random ball tests on the horizon...... :D

It's not rocket science to check air pressure in a football. If my wife can check the pressure in tires, I would think that highly educated officials can check the pressure in footballs. A tempest in a tea cup. I don't even like the Patriots.

Latest report expalining the text using the term deflator.

"According to the Patriots, the “deflator” term actually referenced McNally’s weight-loss attempts."

Really... .??? NE thinks peolpe are that stupid?

Way over blown. The fine doesn't hurt, but the 4 games without Brady and by far the worst are the draft picks. Losing picks hurt a team.

I can think of a few things, especially as a life long Seattle fan. Ban them(Pats) from the play offs and Super Bowl for 2015-2016 season. That is a more painful penalty than a million dollar fine. The equipment manager texts make it clear that Brady ordered the balls to be adjusted. So he needs to pay the price. Next time to steroid test Gronk.

Sounds like bitter grapes.

I can not imagine the anger a bettor who lost money on that game has towards both Brady and the NFL.

Well, their anger would be a little unfounded as Brady crushed them in the second half when the balls were "inflated". Patriots were winning that game big either way.