Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Asahi super dry (nama biru) - on draft. My fave beer!

:-)

I'm dropping by next month.

Same goes for me except I won't be in Pattaya next month. Asahi is my favorite Asian beer.

Edited by BigDUSA

Great review Evil - will definitely try this place before heading home.

Excellent review Evil and spot on with your izakaya analysis.

The menu at these sort of joints is usually huge with heaps of variety, even for Teelack! :)

Last night I ate again at Shakariki 432, this time with a farang friend. We were there at 8 p.m. and the restaurant was fairly busy, with 10 other customers besides the two of us. We were the only farang, the others were Japanese or Thai.

I had okonomiyaki, a savory, filled pancake that is a specialty of Osaka . Many times Westerners only think of Japanese cuisine in terms of sushi and maybe tempura, but of course there's vastly more that's worth trying.

IMG_0310.jpg

The cross-hatch topping is Japanese mayonnaise, which has a softer, lighter taste than its U.S. equivalent but is largely appreciated by Japanese diners for its silky "mouth feel."

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315A.jpg

Despite its substantial appearance, the okonomiyaki wasn't heavy Identifying the individual items that had been folded into the batter was difficult, it seemed to be mostly vegetables.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

I then had a bowl of finely chopped raw tuna and scallions over rice. Fresh and subtly seasoned, it was nevertheless a filling dish thanks to the rice.

IMG_0314a.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

My friend had the "tomato salad," was in fact three nicely sliced tomatoes. Presentation is important part of Japanese cuisine I tasted a slice of the tomato.

IMG_0307.jpg

It was OK, but should have had more flavor to be able to stand alone in that fashion. It's odd that in a wet, tropical country with plenty of sun, tomatos grown in Thailand are so insipid.

IMG_0309.jpg

He then had the shrimp tempura over rice, which he thought was excellent. Another good meal at Shakariki 432 and I'll be back for more.

IMG_0321.jpg

Evil
:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 4
  • 4 weeks later...