Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Readers submission cut and pasted into a book on Amazon

Hi all

I wrote a readers submission to Stickman many years ago, now i find it cut and pasted into a book on sale on Amazon,

I emailed Stickman and he said " I'll drop Amazon a note about that as that fellow should not be copying and pasting stuff like that!"'

I found it by Googling the name of my submission, '' Pattaya a bargirl and a fridge"

I think there are other submissions in the same book by googling the topics,

Um.. suppose what you write on the net is available to anyone?

Malzy

Hi all

I wrote a readers submission to Stickman many years ago, now i find it cut and pasted into a book on sale on Amazon,

I emailed Stickman and he said " I'll drop Amazon a note about that as that fellow should not be copying and pasting stuff like that!"'

I found it by Googling the name of my submission, '' Pattaya a bargirl and a fridge"

I think there are other submissions in the same book by googling the topics,

Um.. suppose what you write on the net is available to anyone?

Malzy

found your article on Stickman but can’t see any books that include it. Can you give us a title or the author so we can see what other things have been lifted?

Stick wrote about this in one of his weekly articles back in May. Here's a link to the article and an excerpt on the subject from his article...

The Greek
A couple of months ago I was informed that an ebook was being sold on Amazon with material copied from this site. The book, if you could call it that, was an abomination of a work. It comprised large excerpts copied and pasted from this site and others directly in to a Microsoft Word file. The fonts hadn't been changed and it was all tied together with the most appalling prose. It may have been amateur hour at its worst, but amazingly Amazon actually published it.
I contacted Amazon about it and they pulled it immediately. I thought that would be the end of that. I was wrong.
I would soon receive email from the author, a belligerent fellow with a Greek name, claiming that there was nothing wrong with the book and that copyright did not apply.
Amazon had informed him that the only way the book could be relisted was for the original complainant to give the ok. That would be me. For that to happen, he wouldn't just have to edit the book, he would effectively have to write an entire new book.
Email after incoherent email came from the Greek, his tack changing by the hour. One moment we're going to be best buddies and talk about Cambodian pussy and get drunk together when he's next in Thailand. In the next email I'm an asshole. He jumped from friend to foe, changing tack as soon as he realised one approach didn't work. It was like four seasons in one day.
And then he played his trump card. He told me he was a commercial pilot with an airline operating out of LAX and he could get me cheap airfares. All I had to do was remove the block on Amazon. I did something I almost never do and I Googled him. God damn, he really is a commercial pilot. * To the many readers of this site in LA (probably only Bangkok and Singapore have more readers), if you're on an American airline and the pilot has a Greek name, the guy in the cockpit might just have the morals of a crack-addicted hooker.
After tirades of abuse, he announced that he was going to sue. Does that make him more American than Greek? It was of course hot air.
The emails continue to come in, and the threats get more and more colourful.
I put him on the blocked email list.

This pilot sounds like a complete mouni.

By the way….'mouni' is the greek for an English four letter word, feminine term ending in '_unt'….Not aunt!

Edited by atlas2