Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Car inspection before renewing registration....

I just paid my car insurance, now, before re-registering, my car needs an inspection, or as we say in NZ, a "Warrant of Fitness"
Usually this is done at the same office where you get your driving licence.

My insurance lady AA insurance, next to Big C Pattaya Tai, tells me there are a couple of other places that do the inspection, maybe not as madly busy as the BoKoSo, and nearer by. She said I can get the car inspected on Soi 4 in Pattaya Tai Rd, then bring the document back, and she can arrange for the registration on Saturday in Big C nextdoors to her office.
Sounds nice, but when I went to look at the inspection workshop she mentioned, I could not find it.

Does anyone else know of a official car inspection place, recognised to be used for re-registring a seven year old car?

There is an inspection station at the Transport Dept ( I assume you are doing it at Regents).

It is slightly further up the road from the DLT on the left.

Alternatively anywhere you see this sign.

Car_Inspection_Service2-crop.jpg

• Upvote 1

There is an inspection station at the Transport Dept ( I assume you are doing it at Regents).

He said "Big C", so his idea surely is to avoid the trip to the DLT ;)

I don't know about the one in South Rd Soi 4 but there are several such control centers on Sukhumvit.

I know one between South & Central Rd going North, and another one between Central & North Rd still going North.

Thanks Guys. I went back to my insurance, they pointed me at the other one, probably the one Idefix mentioned, SukH Soi 44, will go tomorrow morning. i hope the queue is shorter then at DLT...

Thanks Guys. I went back to my insurance, they pointed me at the other one, probably the one Idefix mentioned, SukH Soi 44, will go tomorrow morning. i hope the queue is shorter then at DLT...

I had mine done for the first time there this April.......Being the first time and a belt and braces person.....to prepare I'd had a full service....changed brake pads........new windscreen wipers....(I think you can fail on that in UK)......and had the car in tip top condition.......You'd still worry in England mind!!..

Anyway......They moved it 3 metres from where I'd parked.......opened the bonnet........wrote down (i presume) an engine number and away you go.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Well, I git there Saturday at 9.30, no one waiting, took 15 minutes. i had done nothing to prepare, they looked under the mats and in the boot, tested the brakes etc, then i was free to go. Went back to AA insurance, who said they'd do my rego for me at Big C. But when I got there, the boss said "save yourself the time and our fee, you can do it by youself easily, first floo Big C, you'll find it.

Near the True Move stand, I found a table with two people doing the rego, took all if two minutes...

I had expected at least half a day at the big centre near Regents school, waiting in line for inspection, waiting in line for the counter to pay the annual fee...

Last year rego alone cost me about two and a half hours...

This is way better!

He said "Big C", so his idea surely is to avoid the trip to the DLT ;)

I don't know about the one in South Rd Soi 4 but there are several such control centers on Sukhumvit.

I know one between South & Central Rd going North, and another one between Central & North Rd still going North.

Lucky I also mention in my post about anywhere you see this sign then hey........