Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Camper vans come to Thailand

Great, I can get stuck behind one of those going up the hills in the National Park.

Perhaps we will get the towed caravans too to add to the fun!

Quite some time back, I saw one advertised for sale. Whoever owned it was lowering the price nearly every month. What made it unusual was that it was on a Mercedes diesel powered chassis and was a four wheel drive with huge tires. It even had a diesel generator.

I think you have added a few zeros into your figures above, Chang-parp.

You are right, :thumbup

Product Name : Small

Product Code : (S)

Price : THB฿ 6,000.00

Product Name : Medium

Product Code : (M)

Price : THB฿ 9,000.00

Product Name : Large

Product Code : (L)

Price : THB฿ 12,000.00

Got to get my glasses checked, that is a decimal point not a comma.
I thought I was looking at purchase price not rental price so didn't hard enough. :frustrated1:
  • Upvote 1

It's simply too hot to sleep in a camper van in Thailand.

Folks might know, I lived in a van in the UK for several years and once you do, you get an eye for vehicle dwelling.

Always see lots of taxi drivers living in the yellow cars, window open with towel to stop mozzie s, small fan on.

Great thing is, nobody disturbs them like in the UK, when you will get hounded for sleeping in your vehicle.

Edited by misteregg

It's simply too hot to sleep in a camper van in Thailand.

I guess that is why they have air conditioning fitted (Pod thingos on the roof).

compervan-home.png

I guess that is why they have air conditioning fitted (Pod thingos on the roof).

compervan-home.png

Too expensive to run over here, plus accommodation is cheap and easier to just rent somewhere. The economics don't add up.

Too expensive to run over here, plus accommodation is cheap and easier to just rent somewhere. The economics don't add up.

I think these are for vacationing in parks and out of the way places, so cheap accommodation isn't really an issue.

I know you lived in one, as you said, in the UK for years, but someone wanting to holiday in national forests or out of town areas to be closer to nature, would find one of these worthwhile, and wouldn't be thinking of them as permanent homes.

Totally different motives for their use.

This might be the perfect option for rich Thais who want a place to put their Mia Noi. It would sure make it more difficult for the wife to track down a mobile shagging shack.

Years ago, I rented a camper van in New Zealand. We traveled to out of the way places. Fantastic trip with many good memories.

Maybe I'll get my drive tarmac'd

"I'll clean your guttering, to be sure to be sure...."

In fact, Gawd Elpus will know of whom I speak, a previous BM on Thaigers (DD) Dad is a farmer. I popped round to see him this week and he mentioned the "pikeys" had been round asking if his (500 foot long) driveway needed tarmacking.

"you've seen the driveway have you?" he asked

"yes we have, we can improve it for you if you want"

"well ,improve it by fucking off back down it then"

All from a 70 year old man sat in his chair while polishing his shotgun...

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

"I'll clean your guttering, to be sure to be sure...."

In fact, Gawd Elpus will know of whom I speak, a previous BM on Thaigers (DD) Dad is a farmer. I popped round to see him this week and he mentioned the "pikeys" had been round asking if his (500 foot long) driveway needed tarmacking.

"you've seen the driveway have you?" he asked

"yes we have, we can improve it for you if you want"

"well ,improve it by fucking off back down it then"

All from a 70 year old man sat in his chair while polishing his shotgun...

Ha ha, nice one :llaugh You will never see Pikey plumbers, as they have a phobia of running water and flush toilets.

Edited by Gawd Elpus

I have to say that when I had my own caravan we went to far more places than we would have if we had only stayed in very expensive accommodation in the UK . In some circumstances they are very good things and make holidays cheap enough for even tightwads like myself. The question of heat stroke is not an issue in the UK.

• Upvote 1