Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Lazada - amazing delivery speed

If you're living in Thailand, lazada (http://www.lazada.co.th/ ) is a very good choice for internet shopping.

I just ordered an aircon remote replacement unit on Friday and it was delivered today, Monday.

I wish they had a larger selection of items, but for what they do carry, the order to delivery times are very short.

They are generally good

but

you can 'kiss' the occasional 'frog' with deliveries

But a far better first port of call than traipsing around town looking at a succession of bovine expressions and hearing the 'no hab' mantra

Hi

Delivery from online shopping works rather well I think: :smile:

Only bought once from Lazada, and I think I got it after 4-5 days

Often buy now from http://www.banggood.com/ (mostly China)

and it takes about 7-10 days to arrive Pattaya, with some really cheap prices :smile:

One packet took more than 2 weeks though ?? Forgot somewhere by some post employee :rolleyes:

Edit: For MM: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-CHUNGHOP-K-1028E-Universal-LCD-A-or-C-Remote-Control-for-Air-Condition-p-58270.html : 139 baht, free shipping ;)

Edited by Idefix

Hi

Delivery from online shopping works rather well I think: :smile:

Only bought once from Lazada, and I think I got it after 4- days

Often buy now from http://www.banggood.com/ (mostly China)

and it takes about 1 week to arrive Pattaya, with some really cheap prices :smile:

One packet took more than 2 weeks though ?? Forgot somewhere by some post employee :rolleyes:

Aliexpress ( http://www.aliexpress.com/ ) which I also use, has a much bigger selection than lazada, but it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 days for me to receive the item via postal mail.

Also, I note the ebay.com now has consolidated their sellers' international delivery into a central service that can ship most things anywhere in the world. Prior to that, as far as I recall, the shipping was done by the seller, and most didn't want to bother with international shipments.

I have yet to order anything from ebay to Thailand, but it's nice to know it's available now with its much larger selection of goods.

MM: Same product on AliExpress : ~97 baht, free shipping ;) http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Universal-LCD-A-C-Muli-Remote-Control-Controller-for-Air-Condition-Conditioner/32276494956.html

I only order once from AliExpress. It took about 1 month to arrive ! :(

and it's a selling website for many different "shops" not all reliable. You must look carefully their rating and feedbacks before ordering.

Banggood send products from its own warehouses. If you can order, they have the product in stock and they are quick to send it. :smile:

MM: Same product on AliExpress : ~97 baht, free shipping ;) http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Universal-LCD-A-C-Muli-Remote-Control-Controller-for-Air-Condition-Conditioner/32276494956.html

I only order once from AliExpress. It took about 1 month to arrive ! :(

and it's a selling website for many different "shops" not all reliable. You must look carefully their rating and feedbacks before ordering.

Banggood send products from its own warehouses. If you can order, they have the product in stock and they are quick to send it. :smile:

Aliexpress does sell from individual sellers, much like Ebay, but they have Buyer Protection on every item that I order. The buyer is not paid until I receive the product and confirm that it is what I expected and it works as claimed.

I will look at Banggood...never heard of it, but sounds promising.

Aliexpress does have buyer protection

But you can get embroiled in V e r y protracted waits (especially while some crazed Chinese chancer decides just not to ship) or last minute cancellation of order by Aliexpress)

Aliexpress ( http://www.aliexpress.com/ ) which I also use, has a much bigger selection than lazada, but it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 days for me to receive the item via postal mail.

Also, I note the ebay.com now has consolidated their sellers' international delivery into a central service that can ship most things anywhere in the world. Prior to that, as far as I recall, the shipping was done by the seller, and most didn't want to bother with international shipments.

I have yet to order anything from ebay to Thailand, but it's nice to know it's available now with its much larger selection of goods.

I just ordered and received something I ordered via Ebay, coincidentally a remote.

Took about 10 days, came from China and I paid using aUK based Paypal account.

Advice..... check your remote controls,for leaking batteries !!!

I also use Ali Express frequently.

Lazada never seem to have what I am looking for but Ali Express seems to have everything, I don't mind paying over the odds...traipsing around Pattaya looking for things and trying to get across what I am looking for is just too tough!

• Upvote 1

I had over 50 purchases from AliExpress and was quite happy with MOST of the sellers. Unfortunately they have some thieves and AliExpress does nothing to help their customers. The buyer protection is good but the scamming sellers lie very well and if you are stupid and trusting, they are able to get away with their scams. The most expensive I ever bought was a $320 phone. The item arrived but it was defective. It was returned and when it came back, it was in the same defective condition as when I shipped it. It is a VERY long story and since I had paid with a credit card, I was somewhat protected. Bank of America took back the payment and the phone was repaired. I authorized payment again and within a month the phone died again. The last attempt resulted in the seller, Hong Kong Hi5 denied ever selling the phone to me. The phone had a one year warranty. they won because I gave up. Due to all my complaints, AliExpress was very aware that I bought this phone from the scamming seller but they refused to do anything to help me. I canceled my membership.

I just ordered and received something I ordered via Ebay, coincidentally a remote.

[out of subject]

- There are many remote control (Aircon, TV, HiFi...) at the shop underground of Tukcom

- Also at the Tuesday-Friday market, in the North area of the roofed part,

a seller with many cheap remotes, and who knows (for most?) which ones are compatible ;)

[/out of subject]

So far, I've had zero problems with purchases on aliexpress. Obviously, I've been lucky. All of my purchases have been for inexpensive items I couldn't find here in Pattaya.

I agree with jacko...it's just easier than trying to find something locally.

Sounds like they're trying to do a good job. Good customer service goes a long way. Here in the USA, Amazon can be incredibly fast. They now have same day delivery on many items, and from what I read, they're testing out drone service for even shorter timeframes. Buy an item and a drone flies it to your front door in no time .

[out of subject]

- There are many remote control (Aircon, TV, HiFi...) at the shop underground of Tukcom

- Also at the Tuesday-Friday market, in the North area of the roofed part,

a seller with many cheap remotes, and who knows (for most?) which ones are compatible ;)

[/out of subject]

Not so many these days in Amorn.... and when I went they were out of Samsung ones surprisingly.

(My TV and DVD players are old models)

There is the option of going to the Samsung service centre on Sukhumvit too, but your time is of no consequence to them.

I once saw a guy at my local market selling old remotes, but he was never there when I went back.

(I live well out of town on the north side).

The other thing with Lazada was the English descriptions were very limited.....

I've had the same positive experience ordering from Lazada. Another online store I've ordered from with equally good experience is invadeIT.

I've purchased a number of items from invadeIT. Great service and questions quickly answered by knowledgeable farangs. I had two items that failed. One was an SSD and the other a 4 GB memory card. Both items were under warranty and invadeIT handled the warranties quickly and efficiently. This company remains my favorite online store.

I have also purchased a number of items from Lazada. Fast delivery and everything was as described, The only problem with Lazada is communication. That was slow, sloppy and not very helpful.

I've purchased a number of items from invadeIT. Great service and questions quickly answered by knowledgeable farangs. I had two items that failed. One was an SSD and the other a 4 GB memory card. Both items were under warranty and invadeIT handled the warranties quickly and efficiently. This company remains my favorite online store.

I have also purchased a number of items from Lazada. Fast delivery and everything was as described, The only problem with Lazada is communication. That was slow, sloppy and not very helpful.

Agree, invadeIT was the more professional of the two. Probably b/c they're a smaller business and thus a more personal touch.

Lazada are very good i have bought 20+ items from them. The only problem is hanging around waiting for delivery. I would never buy anything big from Aliexpress, just asking for trouble.

Care to expand on that?

I have bought many things from Ali Express without issue, normally cheap small things I can't be bothered hunting for in Pattaya.

One more expensive item I paid for DHL which was fine.

Delivery is normally included in the price, but that is China post/Thai Mail and can take quite a long time, 3 weeks +

I have had one item not arrive, I got a refund, and another where the daft Thai postman probably forgot to come round my way and took it back to the office and told lies.... I went and got it myself.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 years later...

I had a terrific customer service experience recently with Lazada.

This May I was on the lookout for a high spec Laptop. Found an ASUS Model which fitted my requirements and after reading several reviews about the Model I decided to order it through Lazada, as they had a really terrific offer: About 46000 Baht instead of over 60000 the same model was priced in Stores or Invadeit.

The Laptop arrived quickly, and also came with a Free High Quality Mouse and Headset.

Trouble was the Laptop was defective, it shut down repeatedly a few Minutes after boot, and in some cases it did not boot at all. As I was under the Impression that I was covered by a One Week return option I decided to not bother and just return it.

About a week later Lazada confronted me with questions on why I returned it and told me they cant accept the return as the package was opened and some package slightly bruised.

I then phoned Lazada Customer Service and explained that the Laptop was defective. Two or three Days later they called me again and told me they accepted the return, and my Credit Card was credited with the reverse of the purchase price one day later!

As this specific Model was not available any more and I could not find another Model that would suit my needs, I then purchased a Dell from Dell Thailand, which suits me well.

The way Lazada handled the issue was really way better than I ever imagined ...

Speaking of fast delivery times, I ordered a kitchen appliance from amazon.co.uk (UK Amazon) because I needed 220V power support.

The product shipped to Thailand (many do not) using the Amazon Global shipping, which was pricey, included estimate of customs, but said the delivery would be less than a week. The product weighed several kg, so I did expect shipping to be substantial. Below is a breakdown of the costs.

Capture.PNG

Sure enough, the product arrived in perfect condition in 4 days! It was shipped from mainland Europe, somehow breezed thru customs, and after delivery, I was informed they were refunding the estimated customs cost.

Great service!

Speaking of fast delivery times, I ordered a kitchen appliance from amazon.co.uk (UK Amazon) because I needed 220V power support.

The product shipped to Thailand (many do not) using the Amazon Global shipping, which was pricey, included estimate of customs, but said the delivery would be less than a week. The product weighed several kg, so I did expect shipping to be substantial. Below is a breakdown of the costs.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Sure enough, the product arrived in perfect condition in 4 days! It was shipped from mainland Europe, somehow breezed thru customs, and after delivery, I was informed they were refunding the estimated customs cost.

Great service!

Interesting. So it would appear not all purchases abroad incur an import duty.

I'm now regularly using Lazada for most purchases. Every purchase and shipment, except one has come through w/o a hitch. In the one instance there was a problem, I think the reseller lost the order, an email to Lazada customer service resolved the problem within a few hours.

Interesting. So it would appear not all purchases abroad incur an import duty.

I'm now regularly using Lazada for most purchases. Every purchase and shipment, except one has come through w/o a hitch. In the one instance there was a problem, I think the reseller lost the order, an email to Lazada customer service resolved the problem within a few hours.

Was it here or perhaps Thai Visa where I read of someone complaining a Samsung Phone they bought off Lazada was giving problems and the buyer insisted it was not a new itme as he thought, but one which had been returned to Samsung, they had fixed it and it ended up for sale, cheap, as 'new' on Lazada?

Anyhow, my recent purchase from them, a new lappy battery, was fine.

Edited by jacko

- I made 2 purchases again last week with Lazada. Always very happy with them. I only buy from sellers in Thailand though.

- Lazada has many independent sellers, same as eBay or AliExpress. Always possible to get a 'not so good seller' on each site; one of reason why you must check their rating before buying.

- Factory refurbished phones are frequent on online shops, but it's usually clearly announced. It would be a fraud to hide this fact, an surely Lazada, eBay or others would remind rules to this seller.

- About custom fees, none of the items I bought from China on AliExpress got any fee. I once read that there is now a no-tax agreement Thailand-China, but unsure for when or what :unsure: