Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Lazada - amazing delivery speed

Was it here or perhaps Thai Visa where I read of someone complaining a Samsung Phone they bought off Lazada was giving problems and the buyer insisted it was not a new itme as he thought, but one which had been returned to Samsung, they had fixed it and it ended up for sale, cheap, as 'new' on Lazada?

Anyhow, my recent purchase from them, a new lappy battery, was fine.

Don't doubt there are some dodgy sellers out there, but the dodgy ones can be avoided by sticking to sellers with a high rating over a period time longer than a year. Also, if the price sounds too good to be true...

Coincidentally, just replaced my Samsung S6 with a OnePlus 3T that I bought on Lazada last week. Working great unlike the S6 that was freezing up on me with increasing frequency. Looked around locally for a case, but everyplace said "no hab". Placed an order on Lazada on Monday for a case, arrived on Tuesday. As Idefix pointed out in his post, I look for sellers in Thailand, so delivery times have always been fairly quick.

Hey guys, great news! The new Lazada extention is ready for use! Now you can check the price history on all sellers whith the "Lazada Price Tracker". You can see how the price changed before and if it's up you can wait until it will go down or you can ask the seller for a discount! The extention is available just for browser chrome for now! https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazada-price-tracker/hbffioiakemflkglioiijpfddgahchaf?gl=ph

Wow... alibaba spamming forums!!!!

Did a little search on this "new member" and it traces back to Alibaba (China) Technology Co., Ltd.

Bye bye jappon!!!

Edited by TheFiend
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi. This week I tried another Thai auction site : Chilindo http://www.chilindo.com/ . I filled my cart this weekend, made the final checkout Tuesday and received my packet this morning (3 days)

I paid by card and the delivery was perfect, announced on morning by SMS and then a call 10 minutes before he arrive. No mistake in the order and every product is fine and as I ordered.

You may have to try several times (days) to find the product you want (they show on auctions only a small selection of their whole catalog) but they do have seriously good prices on some products ! :o

If you are looking for good brands tools (Bosch, or even Zinsano) you may get them at half the Lazada's price ! :o See http://www.chilindo.com/th/category/802/Tools B)

I bought small things for this first try, including this Digital Multimeter and this Wall Mount Bracket for a small TV, both at less than 100 baht!

I recommend Chilindo B)

PS: There is a 10% charge on all auction prices, and a 39 baht for the delivery of your cart/command. (some big or heavy articles can increase the global delivery price. There is a mention about that on the product descriptive when it happens. No bad surprise)

41-738-1_250.jpg41-654-1_250.jpg

Edited by Idefix
  • Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

A new shop "Mr D.I.Y." opened in Tukcom, floor 4
You can find nearly "any cheap thing" in this rather big shop,

including many things found on Lazada or Chilingo.

This can interest expats... B)

• Upvote 1

A new shop "Mr D.I.Y." opened in Tukcom, floor 4

You can find nearly "any cheap thing" in this rather big shop,

including many things found on Lazada or Chilingo.

This can interest expats... B)

Also at the top floor of the Topps Supermarket newish Chilled building on Soi Khao Noi , if you're on the darkside .

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I've been using Lazada Wallet for purchases the last couple of months as I found it a bit more convenient than direct bank payments. The periodic bonuses they automatically deposited to the wallet was also another incentive. Making a purchase today a screen popped up stating I had to authenticate my Lazada account. Clicking on continue I was surprised when this message popped up.

1302417610_ScreenShot06-14-19at10_48AM.jpg.3bb0ac99d4de78ced21bc6b9555d2744.jpg

The reason for this,

Identity verification on Lazada Wallet

Due to the strict TH regulations and in compliance to the Anti Money Laundering laws, we are required to gather
additional information from our users to continue using the wallet feature of the Lazada account. Unfortunately, this KYC (Know-Your-Customer) verification is only available for Thai citizen for now.

For foreigner, If you have existing balance in your wallet, you can still use it to pay for your purchase and if you have wallet balance from your Refunds, please proceed with the normal withdrawal process and we will transfer the amount to your bank account.

click here to learn how to withdrawal from your Lazada wallet to bank account

If the available balance is from the Deposit, we can assist you by transferring the balance to your bank account. Kindly provide the bank details and we will process your request within 3-5 working days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/Identity-verification-on-Lazada-Wallet.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.b02c5928vRz2Xy

I see this "Know Your Customer" verification as BS. A better solution would have been to limit wallet balances to an amount low enough that it would make its use impractical as a money laundering vehicle.

• Thanks 1

I found a workaround to topping up my Wallet account. For the authentication step I put in my TGF's details in. First attempt failed as they wanted her name in Thai, so had her email the Thai script to me. Copy and pasted that in and now good to go.

• Thanks 1

I been using Lazada  for a few years now, never no trouble,  I always pay COD (cash on delivery)  it's a lot safer that way, you can check to make sure you order is right.