Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The National War Memorial of Korea. Seoul, South Korea.

The National War Memorial of Korea.
The Koreans are very proud of their history, albeit it hasn't been a very good history for them.
This museum is a collection of aircraft and exhibits related to their more recent struggle with peace against their brother's and sister's of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

IMG_3529_zpss2gxdxpp.jpg

IMG_3532_zpscgsgwvah.jpg
IMG_3535_zpsm5g03dba.jpg
IMG_3537_zps9d33cvku.jpg
IMG_3540_zpsffsn3itm.jpg
IMG_3543_zpselzf7gfb.jpg
IMG_3544_zpsjp750ogh.jpg
IMG_3546_zps6v9g5bfs.jpg
IMG_3547_zpssriasdab.jpg
IMG_3550_zpsjnr25gqk.jpg
IMG_3554_zpss40onuou.jpg
IMG_3565_zpswfqucbw7.jpg
IMG_3569_zpskek66s1f.jpg
IMG_3570_zpspe1g6bba.jpg
IMG_3577_zpsdpxme2sa.jpg
  • Upvote 3

It looks a fantastic museum if those marvelous photos are anything to go by. I'll bet you you could easily spend a full day in there. All the exhibits look well preserved, maintained, clean, tidy and presented in a very professional manner.

Out of interest Firth what took you to Korea? Apart from a few old boys I've known who did their National Service out there I don't know anyone who's ever visited the country. Incidentally one of them is a seventy nine year old ex pat who lives in my Pattaya hotel and who as a young lieutenant in the Royal Armoured Corps commanded a Centurion Tank during the conflict but like most war veterans has very little to say about it other than what a noise the main armament of the vehicle made when it was fired.

For a very good read on UK ground forces in the Korean War--To the Last Round by Andrew Salmon. The focus is on the battle at Gloster Hill northwest of Seoul in 1951.

It looks a fantastic museum if those marvelous photos are anything to go by. I'll bet you you could easily spend a full day in there. All the exhibits look well preserved, maintained, clean, tidy and presented in a very professional manner.

Out of interest Firth what took you to Korea? Apart from a few old boys I've known who did their National Service out there I don't know anyone who's ever visited the country. Incidentally one of them is a seventy nine year old ex pat who lives in my Pattaya hotel and who as a young lieutenant in the Royal Armoured Corps commanded a Centurion Tank during the conflict but like most war veterans has very little to say about it other than what a noise the main armament of the vehicle made when it was fired.

Another member on another board ( who is a good friend of mine) passed through Seoul on the way back to England in January. He showed me a few photos of his flying visit, and i thought seeing as i'm going to Japan in June, i might just do a stop over in Korea as well on the way there, which is just what i did. Spent 4 nights in Seoul on the way to Tokyo.

Seoul was an amazing place. So clean and well presented.