Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

EVA Air Weekend Surprise - book 18/19 July - LON to BKK £467

Hi

Got an e-mail from EVA today ... below is from their site .....

Probably need to hunt a bit for dates ... and at least two people must book together ....

.... but it may be of help to someone .....

:chogdee

Spud

eva.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 adults have to travel together. Not such a good price, unless you have a mate wanting to go at the same time.

I was shown a greatly improved biz class seat for EVA recently: Have they improved the elite version as well? I thought it was a backward step from the old 747 combi seats to the 777 elite version when they were introduced.

Hi

Got an e-mail from EVA today ... below is from their site .....

Probably need to hunt a bit for dates ... and at least two people must book together ....

.... but it may be of help to someone .....

:chogdee

Spud

attachicon.gifeva.jpg

Owe you a virtual beer Spud. Booked 3 tickets this weekend. Many thanks mate.

2 adults have to travel together. Not such a good price, unless you have a mate wanting to go at the same time.

I know a guy who would book as a couple 2 mates, on arrival one would book another hotel or guest house , said he got some great deals back in the day ?

Agree Emirates come close to the fare with some jiggling of dates. But takes some digging.

• 1 month later...

Eva Air web site have another promotion on until 11th September, for me going early November and returning mid December £472 economy, £926 Elite and £1636 Premium.

I can probaly get the fare £20 cheaper through an agent but I would rather book with the airline if there is not too great a difference in price.

ps: The Premium fare is blood good.

I think I will be flying with Eva myself (end of January). I have used Thai the last few times............but Eva are just as good. As Im going for over a month, the fares On Thai are at least £100 - £150 more expensive!

Only "trouble" ! is Ive never seen any spare seats flying with Eva..........saying that? Only once! Have I had any extra seats with Thai airways!

Just looked on Evas web site.for the dates I want, its about £20 -£30 dearer using Eva web-site but will probably book on the website anyway.

ps anybody know if its still the 90 day "rule" when booking your actual seat number with Eva? Thanks.

Damn it!

The fares have gone up by a hundred quid or so now!

I "wanted" to book last week (could have got Eva for 540s) but had to wait for final confirmation from my works about what time I could have off.........got that confirmed earlier this week........yup the fares have gone up!

Ah well I will keep on looking and see what I can find in the next few weeks or so!

Damn it!

The fares have gone up by a hundred quid or so now!

I "wanted" to book last week (could have got Eva for 540s) but had to wait for final confirmation from my works about what time I could have off.........got that confirmed earlier this week........yup the fares have gone up!

Ah well I will keep on looking and see what I can find in the next few weeks or so!

It is worth holding just a little longer. This month and October is a period when a lot of airlines UK prices drop, especially the Middle East carriers; Once they are clear of the "rip off families during the school holiday season". My old route, tended to see a drop of some 33% for advance bookings made in those months, (that was for 1st, but all classes were lower).

Fair advice.

I "normally" book my tickets for January in October time anyway........West East "normally"! have specials around then........I have been with Thai the last few times...........only trouble is, if going with them for over 4 weeks.......the fares aren't so good! (circa £700s),

I was a "little tempted" by a fare yesterday with Qatar , good flight times (for me.aft. departure from Heathrow 6 or so in the morning arrival at BKK............and a 6 or so arrival into Heathrow..ideal times for me really.) Of course though.......have to change planes in the middle east,,,,,,,,,,,there wasn't much hanging about though.......and the fare was under £500??????? Hmm the more I think of the flight times (ideal for me!?) the more it seems like a good fare?! The only thing stopping me? For the past 16 or 17 years......Ive always gone direct with Thai or Eva........ah decisions decisions!

Saying that? IF I do "eventually"! decide to go with Qatar for sub £500...........the time I come to book the fare will probably be gone!

Fair advice.

I "normally" book my tickets for January in October time anyway........West East "normally"! have specials around then........I have been with Thai the last few times...........only trouble is, if going with them for over 4 weeks.......the fares aren't so good! (circa £700s),

I was a "little tempted" by a fare yesterday with Qatar , good flight times (for me.aft. departure from Heathrow 6 or so in the morning arrival at BKK............and a 6 or so arrival into Heathrow..ideal times for me really.) Of course though.......have to change planes in the middle east,,,,,,,,,,,there wasn't much hanging about though.......and the fare was under £500??????? Hmm the more I think of the flight times (ideal for me!?) the more it seems like a good fare?! The only thing stopping me? For the past 16 or 17 years......Ive always gone direct with Thai or Eva........ah decisions decisions!

Saying that? IF I do "eventually"! decide to go with Qatar for sub £500...........the time I come to book the fare will probably be gone!

I think sometimes it's just better to book - rather than keep waiting

To be fair..............I never normally book this early anyway.

I "usually" book in October......and I have gone direct for the past 16 odd years!

Im just not 100% sure I want to change planes..........but on the plus side? Its a short layover on both outward and return flights...........and the flight departure times are practically perfect for me? Hmmmmm what do I do!?

I might give Qatar a go..

Back in my "back-packing!" days , it used to involve many, many changes of planes and long waits at airports! So a couple of hours wait (well by the time I get off the one plane , then connect onto the other plane).....its more or less no wait at all?!

Hmm, also in a few years times, I hope to retire (at age 60)...so IF, I get on O.K. what with changing planes etc....it may well be a better idea to use a different carrier......if Im going to go over to Thailand twice, or maybe 3 times a year then. I mean I "should" be saving a few hundred quid, the flight departure/arrivals would be way better for me, plus! I may even get to save a few air-miles! (with both Thai and Eva, they are mega stingy giving you air likes........unless you buy the top price "economy" tickets!

Qatar have drastically improved these days, especially with the new Doha airport.

I had an excellent ride in Biz on their A380, May/June. The new airport, well big and spacious, very much like Emirates/Dubai you can end up walking some extreme distances!. The previous Premium Lounge was a much better arrangement. Still, security on arrival wasn't so bad in Doha, but flights seem to take forever to land and take off. I hesitate to recommend them as previously their Economy was not very good.

ajsp

Thai are only dearer if the trip is for more than a month, anything less and they are competitive.

BR067 arrived at BKK from TPE on time but then was delayed at BKK for 95 minutes extra, I guess some problem arose with the cargo, it arrived LHR 2101 and left about 95 mins late, more Fullers Pride please. :)

Edited by Gus