Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am thinking of coming back in January and it is right at the time my 5 year colonoscopy is due.

I would appreciate info from you guys in Pattaya about the cost, names of good doctors, facilities and how far in advance this needs to be scheduled.

Any other information that is relevant is also appreciated.

I know they do it at the BHP as I was discussing that very subject only yesterday... (don't ask).

I got an opinion of it being an unpleasant and painful experience and it was 10,000Baht /polyp removal!

(it being painful may have been due to this person having a problem).

Edited by jacko

I know they do it at the BHP as I was discussing that very subject only yesterday... (don't ask).

I got an opinion of it being an unpleasant and painful experience and it was 10,000Baht /polyp removal!

have one every 2 years,never had any pain from it.

The procedure definitely isn't painful. They usually give you some demerol and another drug and you're knocked out. The worst part of the whole ordeal is there prep the night before.

Edited by js007

The procedure definitely isn't painful. They usually give you some demerol and another frug and you're knocked out. The worst part of the whole ordeal is there prep the night before.

Agreed!

So the 2 above posters had their procedures performed in Pattaya?

I'd go to a hopital vs. a clinic unless there is one which does this as a speciality and in Pattaya that is not likely.

I recommend PhyaThai Hospital in Sriracha because they have a great facility and an ex-pat who will arrange everything for you including an interpreter on arrival.

See their website and the expat link, and contact Colin. They offer quite a lot of monthly checkup specials as well which might tie into this exam.

Unless you have had polyps discovered and removed, every 5 years after 50 is more the norm than biennially.

• Upvote 2

Did the girls at the devils den mention something to you?

I'd go to a hopital vs. a clinic unless there is one which does this as a speciality and in Pattaya that is not likely.

I recommend PhyaThai Hospital in Sriracha because they have a great facility and an ex-pat who will arrange everything for you including an interpreter on arrival.

See their website and the expat link, and contact Colin. They offer quite a lot of monthly checkup specials as well which might tie into this exam.

Unless you have had polyps discovered and removed, every 5 years after 50 is more the norm than biennially.

Thanks so much for this tip!

• 5 years later...
On 7/20/2015 at 7:52 AM, Grandpollo said:

A bump on this as I should be getting one this year.  Relatively certain, GP has a medical background so I will check the Phya Thai website as to who they have on their GI staff.  BHP would be easier as far as transportation is concerned.  My experience in the US was that they didn't knock you out but enough quality drugs that you didn't much care.

• Thanks 1
On 7/19/2015 at 5:27 PM, midlifecrisis said:

I am thinking of coming back in January and it is right at the time my 5 year colonoscopy is due.

I would appreciate info from you guys in Pattaya about the cost, names of good doctors, facilities and how far in advance this needs to be scheduled.

Any other information that is relevant is also appreciated.

The VA has done both of mine and as mentioned, the prep is the worst part. If you decide to use the VA,be warned that you cannot drive yourself or use Uber or LYFT. Your driver must stay at the facility the entirety of your visit. Hope it works out whichever option you choose. They even provide the bowel cleaning mix which looked like Kool-Aid.

"Now the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new drug that could make preparation for the screening easier. Called Plenvu, this liquid drug is designed to replace the traditional, poor-tasting bowel cleaning liquid that patients drink to prep their systems for a colonoscopy".

• Like 1

I've had the atomic soda pop and I've had the jug of salt water.  I'll take the atomic soda pop.