Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Check my TV streaming site for me.

I use this site, http://www.watchfreeview.com/

to watch UK TV, along with the BBC Iplayer.

BBC is OK, but I am having issues with the http://www.watchfreeview.com/ site, in that after 5 minutes, whatever I am watching just frrezes, whichever channel.

I normally use a VPN and a UK based server (as that allows me to switch to the BBC which is blocked to non-UK IPs).

I get the 5 minute freeze in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.....

On a Vista laptop and a Win8 pad.

Problems with or without VPN, and also using VPN servers elsewhere.

It is blocked in the USA, so a US server is no good.

Can someone see if they have the same problem, or whether I need to screw around more.

Perhaps the issue is Flash Player, which I heard had security issues, was blocked by Firefox, and then got updated.

Maybe Opera or Chrome can be tested for me.

Edited by jacko
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched Rin Tin Tin every week as a kid until the Alcoa company took over as the sponsor and changed the name of the show to Rin Aluminum Aluminum.   Evil

Agree......Rinty ....or his stunt double meant business. As for Lassie, I was surprised to learn that all nine were katoys......

I just ran BBC 1 for 30 minutes without it freezing. I did not use a VPN but I do have very quick fibre internet.

Posted Images

I use this site, http://www.watchfreeview.com/

to watch UK TV, along with the BBC Iplayer.

BBC is OK, but I am having issues with the http://www.watchfreeview.com/ site, in that after 5 minutes, whatever I am watching just frrezes, whichever channel.

I normally use a VPN and a UK based server (as that allows me to switch to the BBC which is blocked to non-UK IPs).

I get the 5 minute freeze in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.....

On a Vista laptop and a Win8 pad.

Problems with or without VPN, and also using VPN servers elsewhere.

It is blocked in the USA, so a US server is no good.

Can someone see if they have the same problem, or whether I need to screw around more.

Perhaps the issue is Flash Player, which I heard had security issues, was blocked by Firefox, and then got updated.

Maybe Opera or Chrome can be tested for me.

Minix is the way to go.

Get a box.

Best thing I ever did here.. Not female related

Can watch everything from The Open the Ashes.... To old shows like Man from Uncle and the Prisoner or hancoks half hour.

5,000 baht end of.

Ditched True in January... Now everything is free Free I tell you!!

Sorry get carried away ...... I like my box thrown out nearly all my DVDs.

Get a box.

Best thing I ever did here.. Not female related

Can watch everything from The Open the Ashes.... To old shows like Man from Uncle and the Prisoner or hancoks half hour.

5,000 baht end of.

Ditched True in January... Now everything is free Free I tell you!!

Sorry get carried away ...... I like my box thrown out nearly all my DVDs.

Yes they are terrific things, the support Lanza offers is great also...

// I get the 5 minute freeze in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.....

// Can someone see if they have the same problem, or whether I need to screw around more.

Hi Jacko. Looks like I have the same problem. I launched the BBC News stream and it worked fine... about 4 minutes, then the video froze. No way to re-launch it. I had to reload the page. I made a second try. About 4 minutes too then frozen again :( . Look like a bug somewhere.

So be happy, it's not only you ;)

Get a box. 5,000 baht end of.

Less than 3'000 baht for a Minix Neo X6. Less than 2'500 is you buy online.

• Upvote 1

Yes they are terrific things, the support Lanza offers is great also...

I got mine from Chas......0806447841. Prices down now i gather.

Recommend him highly.

I'm going to see if I can find 'Rin Tin Tin' tonight.........See if I can remember why I liked it.

Edited by atlas2

I got mine from Chas......0806447841. Prices down now i gather.

Recommend him highly.

I'm going to see if I can find 'Rin Tin Tin' tonight.........See if I can remember why I liked it.

Rin Tin Tin, that's a memory from way back,,, is it the cartoon lad with the dog ?

Rin Tin Tin, that's a memory from way back,,, is it the cartoon lad with the dog ?

No 'Rinty' was a dog attached to the 7th cavalry belonged to a kid bugler.....(Not Ikkrang).........That's all I remember. He was the male Lassie.....handy to have around when you got stuck in quicksand.

No 'Rinty' was a dog attached to the 7th cavalry belonged to a kid bugler.....(Not Ikkrang).........That's all I remember. He was the male Lassie.....handy to have around when you got stuck in quicksand.

I really liked Rin Tin Tin. Never got into Lassie. Rin was a real action dog, whereas I found Lassie to be just too saccharine for even my child aged tastes.

7f37ad99c89d4221c10b63963e32bcaa.jpg

Funny remember the name but clearly not the show.. Enjoy mate,

Pm john5001

He tells me no need to get a minix box and roots his tablet ....

I have bought a minix and it's terrific,

Lanzalad supplied it

I use this as an alternative to yet another box under my TV, but thank you for the suggestion.

I also believe Lanzalad said his box didn't work with 'True'... which I have.

Edited by jacko

I just ran BBC 1 for 30 minutes without it freezing. I did not use a VPN but I do have very quick fibre internet.

Thanks, helpful if annoying!

I tried my Windows 7 laptop and that wouldn't seem to work at all with the site.

BBC IPlayer worked fine and I ended up watching that.

So could be my ISP (although the VPN should eliminate that), Adblock (but I turned it off and I do not have it on Internet explorer)., or my Virus protection I suppose.

Still problematic this morning......

Edited by jacko

I really liked Rin Tin Tin. Never got into Lassie. Rin was a real action dog, whereas I found Lassie to be just too saccharine for even my child aged tastes.

Ahh, did we drift off topic?

Are some people thinking of the Belgian character Tin-Tin?

tintin.jpg

Edited by jacko

Agree......Rinty ....or his stunt double meant business. As for Lassie, I was surprised to learn that all nine were katoys......

• Upvote 2

Seems to be working now... wonder where the issue was?

I really liked Rin Tin Tin. Never got into Lassie. Rin was a real action dog, whereas I found Lassie to be just too saccharine for even my child aged tastes.7f37ad99c89d4221c10b63963e32bcaa.jpg

I think I only saw it once or twice, being a U.S Show, The name a remember well though ....

Lassie was always on UK TV, was Lassie an American dog ?

Flipper was on regular , as an aside and a total tread tuck,,,

A girl I know well wanted to see Ant Man so we went last night it's in 3 D, I have never heard of it before from a Marvel comic was quite a good yarn though.

So can we talk about Rinty now?

Yes why not.

Did you get a HDMI cable sorted?

Yes why not.

Did you get a HDMI cable sorted?

I did. Even up here Big C carries electronics...just no decent beef.

I watched Rin Tin Tin every week as a kid until the Alcoa company took over as the sponsor and changed the name of the show to Rin Aluminum Aluminum.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 3

I think I only saw it once or twice, being a U.S Show, The name a remember well though ....

Lassie was always on UK TV, was Lassie an American dog ?

Flipper was on regular , as an aside and a total tread tuck,,,

A girl I know well wanted to see Ant Man so we went last night it's in 3 D, I have never heard of it before from a Marvel comic was quite a good yarn though.

Lassie was American.......I think the subsequent dogs were all related to the first one. They used male dogs because bitches come on heat twice a year and lose their coats.

By the way......Did you mean Fred Tuck? the fat Friar........ of 'Robin Hood' fame........

While we are tread tucking.......Did you know that Dick James who sung that bloody Robin Hood theme song became the Beatles' music publisher.........Ripped them off for a fortune...stole from the (then) poor and stuffed his pockets. They got about 2% of the dosh.

• Upvote 1

I watched Rin Tin Tin every week as a kid until the Alcoa company took over as the sponsor and changed the name of the show to Rin Aluminum Aluminum.

Evil

:devil

Don't blame you......Americans have a problem with the pronunciation of 'Aluminium'

We had a similar problem When COCO the Clown was taken over by another sponsor and became 'Horlicks the Clown'......tasted funny apparently!!

Edited by atlas2

Lassie was American.......I think the subsequent dogs were all related to the first one. They used male dogs because bitches come on heat twice a year and lose their coats.

By the way......Did you mean Fred Tuck? the fat Friar........ of 'Robin Hood' fame........

While we are tread tucking.......Did you know that Dick James who sung that bloody Robin Hood theme song became the Beatles' music publisher.........Ripped them off for a fortune...stole from the (then) poor and stuffed his pockets. They got about 2% of the dosh.

Never knew that,