Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Check my TV streaming site for me.

I thought I mentioned it,I use True internet and lanzalad said the boxes don't work with True.

I also do not want to watch programs only on the TV, sometimes I just use the laptop.

I have adequate for my needs at the moment.

Yes you did.......I remembered after my post.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched Rin Tin Tin every week as a kid until the Alcoa company took over as the sponsor and changed the name of the show to Rin Aluminum Aluminum.   Evil

Agree......Rinty ....or his stunt double meant business. As for Lassie, I was surprised to learn that all nine were katoys......

I just ran BBC 1 for 30 minutes without it freezing. I did not use a VPN but I do have very quick fibre internet.

Posted Images

I thought I mentioned it,I use True internet and lanzalad said the boxes don't work with True.

I also do not want to watch programs only on the TV, sometimes I just use the laptop.

I have adequate for my needs at the moment.

I have TRUE cable, and it works fine.

My wife uses it to watch youtube videos with Thai dubbing...seems there's thousands of movies that have been uploaded to youtube with Thai language spoken, even western films...last night she watched Wicker Man, the horrible 2006 remake. Oddly enough, when I couldn't understand the dialog, it was a better movie than the spoken English version.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using HMA Vpn pro that you connect manually to a UK ip, also i side loaded the BBC iplayer on my android device. I can open the app and look at what is on but when I am connected to the the UK and I try to play a program I am directed to the play store to download the app, then in the play store it says my region does not support the app. Seems I've done everything I am supposed to but no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I am using HMA Vpn pro that you connect manually to a UK ip, also i side loaded the BBC iplayer on my android device. I can open the app and look at what is on but when I am connected to the the UK and I try to play a program I am directed to the play store to download the app, then in the play store it says my region does not support the app. Seems I've done everything I am supposed to but no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you.

If you once fried to connect your device without the UK IP that error will be remembered in the cache.

I know I once had to clear all cookies etc relating to BBC IPlayer to get it to work on my laptop once.

Have you tried using the player from a browser.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 months later...

I use a Minix X6 I bought in HK, had problems with access to most TV channels I want to watch. Talked with lanzalad but he can't get NZ or Aus TV channels, using Hola VPN has helped watching UK channels but impossible to watch NZ or aust tv.

My minix is mainly used to download tv shows and movies, so not too bad but can't watch NZ or Aus tv. Does anyone have links they can share, cheers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my VPN (IPVanish) has started working again for the BBC IPlayer, there was an update then it worked, but, the next morning my Internet went down, and has been down since (tethered from the Mrs phone right now). The little guy arrived yesterday and was disappointed the problem was as I told him and not a quick fix. He was up and down concrete poles in the rain. Gave up and went home.....

Another lesson learned, beware of refurbished smart phones, Verizon have blocked all forms of tethering unless you are on their network on the one I got!

I use this site, http://www.watchfreeview.com/

to watch UK TV, along with the BBC Iplayer.

BBC is OK, but I am having issues with the http://www.watchfreeview.com/ site, in that after 5 minutes, whatever I am watching just frrezes, whichever channel.

I normally use a VPN and a UK based server (as that allows me to switch to the BBC which is blocked to non-UK IPs).

I get the 5 minute freeze in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.....

On a Vista laptop and a Win8 pad.

Problems with or without VPN, and also using VPN servers elsewhere.

It is blocked in the USA, so a US server is no good.

Can someone see if they have the same problem, or whether I need to screw around more.

Perhaps the issue is Flash Player, which I heard had security issues, was blocked by Firefox, and then got updated.

Maybe Opera or Chrome can be tested for me.

Cheers for that link jacko, now getting my BBC news for a while everyday now. No problem at all with it freezing here in Nakhon Phanom, I'm using an i-mac with Google Chrome browser.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

Cheers for that link jacko, now getting my BBC news for a while everyday now. No problem at all with it freezing here in Nakhon Phanom, I'm using an i-mac with Google Chrome browser.

Regards

Yes that prior problem seems to have sorted itself out and I too seem to be able to watch things.

It might give me the spinning circle on occasion into the evenings.

(I have BBC World News on my Sophon cable anyhow).

Edited by jacko
  • 1 year later...

I use http://freeview-tv.com/ to watch uk channels online

Yeah I watch this a bit too. Sometimes it appears to be blocked on my True ISP, but I switch in a VPN and it usually works.

Since the BBC news vanished from Sophon I use it more.

That and watching TV series streamed from Kodi/Exodus and my TV watching is covered! Haven't popped a DVD in for ages.

Edited by jacko

If you install this Modified BBC iplayer in kodi and open the settings for the addon and tick use proxy and it works without using a VPN....

Click on the icon to download the addon from my server

icon.png

• Upvote 1

I use http://freeview-tv.com/ to watch uk channels online

I tapped on this link and no issues however I notice that there is no Film on 4. I quite enjoy some of the old movies and therefore I logged on using http://www.watchfreeview.com/and Film on 4 was there. I guess that it might be worth trying both links to see what best suits you.

If you install this Modified BBC iplayer in kodi and open the settings for the addon and tick use proxy and it works without using a VPN....

attachicon.gificon.png

Is it because I am logged in via Tapatalk that there is no link only a pic (icon.png) ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Odense

Is it because I am logged in via Tapatalk that there is no link only a pic (icon.png) ?

Might be. You probably want to click the link when you are using the browser on your Minix anyway, since the apk is to be installed there.

Might be. You probably want to click the link when you are using the browser on your Minix anyway, since the apk is to be installed there.

Well - I can try that or perhaps try from my laptop and put it on a USB stick.

I suppose it was really meant as a question if there WAS a link when using another way to access the board.

attachicon.gificon.png

Doesn't work for me.... I am using Kodi on a laptop.

I must admit I find Kodi overly complicated and could have got something wrong!

No biggie, I only wanted to watch BBC news and I can get to that without issue going through Sports Devil Add-Onn or go directly to the http://www.watchfreeview.com/ website. I also can stream on demand most things from the Exodus Add-On. With a VPN I get the BBC IPlayer/Downloads working but it does reject some UK based servers.

Hmm. The live TV seems to work with a UK VPN switched in, but none of the Iplayer stuff.

Edited by jacko

For TV films and Sport.

Amazon Firestick then load Kodi the get Kodinolimits Magic.

It gets everything.

Or just Load Kodi onto your laptop then Kodinolimits or 'The Beast'

For TV films and Sport.

Amazon Firestick then load Kodi the get Kodinolimits Magic.

It gets everything.

Or just Load Kodi onto your laptop then Kodinolimits or 'The Beast'

I know I could probably find this on the internet but where can I find the repository or zip to load this?

I currently use Exodus Video add-on and you can find mostly anything.

Edited by jacko

I know I could probably find this on the internet but where can I find the repository or zip to load this?

I currently use Exodus Video add-on and you can find mostly anything.

Hi Jacko,

This is the guy a follow on youtube to keep my Kodi fully loaded and up to date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCx_pp6ibaQ

Yes it can be a bit of a pain, but once you get used to installing different add-ons you have loads of choice if some are down for maintenance or not available.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Hi Jacko,

This is the guy a follow on youtube to keep my Kodi fully loaded and up to date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCx_pp6ibaQ

Yes it can be a bit of a pain, but once you get used to installing different add-ons you have loads of choice if some are down for maintenance or not available.

Regards

Great thanks, much appreciated.

Kodinolimits updates automatically once its installed. Ive got it on a Raspberry Pi3 box

Don't all the Add-Ons...

As much as I appreciate Fireman Sam's input above I must admit that it caused me to 'waste' several hours yesterday trying to get some of these Add-Ons loaded onto my PC and pad. Kodi is 'pernickety'.....