Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

With all the recent discussion about Soi honey, I decided to add some pics I took in May while walkabout...Taken as I wandered (lonely as a cloud...) from 2nd Rd to Bukhao.

P1010100 (Medium).JPG

P1010101 (Medium).JPG

P1010102 (Medium).JPG

P1010103 (Medium).JPG

P1010104 (Medium).JPG

P1010105 (Medium).JPG

P1010106 (Medium).JPG

P1010107 (Medium).JPG

P1010108 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

I was on Soi Honey Inn on Monday, close to midday.

I was going to try the second place down from Bua Khao but it was full of monks eating.

I tried next door and a nice lady said, 'Massage, no better you try soi Bua khao, here we do xxxx job, xxxx job and xxxx xxxx'......

jeez honey, the mystery is part of the enjoyment.

• Upvote 2

I was going to try the second place down from Bua Khao but it was full of monks eating.

I tried next door and a nice lady said, 'Massage, no better you try soi Bua khao, here we do xxxx job, xxxx job and xxxx xxxx'......

Massive LOL jacko! Right there in 11 days time.

Cheers, Andy

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That 24/7 looks like a new hotel, any info?

No, sorry. I took the pic actually because I meant to say that "anyone looking for the 24/7 boutique hotel - here it is" as I wandered down. It seemed a bit out of place on the Soi, I have no idea when it was completed or even if it has a website etc.

Yea, that's my experience of it this past few years as well.

It has not been too subtle for some time. It is never a mystery for me on that soi.

No, sorry. I took the pic actually because I meant to say that "anyone looking for the 24/7 boutique hotel - here it is" as I wandered down. It seemed a bit out of place on the Soi, I have no idea when it was completed or even if it has a website etc.

Found a website http://www.247boutiquehotelpattaya.com/ no prices on the rooms though. Look pretty good from the pics.

On Expedia the rooms are about $58 AUD per night so roughly 1,400 - 1,500 per night.

Yes, I stayed at the 247 for a couple of weeks or so in late Feb-early March. I had stayed at the April Suites the first part of my trip and then went to Dubai to visit friends. As April Suites had no rooms available for my return dates to Pattaya I booked a few days at 247 using Agoda.

I arrived at the hotel around 09:00 (23 Feb.) and was immediately given a room with no extra change for my early check-in. Room was fine. I think the hotel is about a year old and no problems encountered except for a dripping air con. I mentioned that to the front desk and was given another room without any fuss. In my experience the staff is well trained and seemed ready to solve any problems I might have. (Given that we're talking Thailand.)

I think the room was around 1600 baht. I decided I liked the place well enough to stay until 10 March and booked the rest of the days with the desk at the same rate as Agoda. Breakfast is included. It's buffet style served across the soi at the Honey Inn, (it appears the Honey, 247 & the H are all under the same ownership and/or management), I opted out of the brekkie and was given the rate minus 100 baht.

The mattress was on the firm side as expected, but not "concrete" firm. Air con, hot water, safe box etc. were all as expected. Wifi was good except they seemed to have a habit of changing the code without any notice. This happened a few times and I got trained pretty quickly to go down to the desk and get the lastest one. (Same thing seemed to happen at the April Suites as well.)

If you look at their website I had the Superior room which is of course what was called a standard room in the olden days. No balcony vs the "mini suite" rooms which hab. The bathroom is see-through style with toilet, shower and sink on view. Note the window in the website image. OK with me as I was solo, some might find it disconcerting, however there is a privacy shade that can be lowered.

There is a small roof top pool. Some days it was deserted and other days all the lounges were occupied. I believe the Honey guests have use of this pool as well. Nice views over the town. It was noisy poolside some days per construction of the The Base Condo. Never realized how big that place is until I saw it up close from the roof of the 247. The rooms seemed quiet enough. Access to the pool is from the 7th floor via stairs.

I liked the location better than the April Suites. Easy access to bars and food and places. And as I had an apartment on Soi 6 for a couple of years I felt right at home on Soi Honey :thumbup

---

• Upvote 2