Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Premier League 2015-16

Winners ?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Believe it or Not ! The Premier League starts this weekend.

It’s hard to make firm decisions at this stage as there is almost a month to go before the transfer window closes. I will make a post about the teams in more depth when the transfer window closes. For now I will focus on the managers and the stability of the major clubs.

I think management may be the deciding factor in this campaign. Pellegrini seems to be on his last year as manager of Manchester City. How will the players respond to that ? LVG at Manchester United has said he is retiring in a few years and his team seems to have a whole new raft of players this year. How will they settle into life in England ? Hopefully better than Di Maria ! Brendan Rogers at Liverpool is buying lots of new players as well, and Liverpool have a tough start to the season.

It’s possible any of the 3 teams could win the League. It’s also possible that none of the managers will still be in place this time next year.

Stability may be the deciding factor this year. Chelsea are making few changes and have a settled team and manager. The same is true of Arsenal. I may be calling it wrong, but I see this season as a fight between the more settled clubs, Chelsea have been good to wacs wallet over the years so I will stick with them. My heart says Arsenal though.

Good luck to your team during the season and I hope everyone has an enjoyable season.

Edited by wacmedia
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   I think Stoke will be fine even though they were outclassed at Arsenal. Having a good goalkeeper should help them in tigher games. I'd like Bournemouth to stay up but I feel they are doomed.

I haven't been around for a while. I'd just like to say that since then my team have become a force again.   UNITED   TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES MAN UNITED TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES I SAY   TWEN

Lol. Does it take a Thai owner to win in English football?

Looking forward to it, last year was a damp squib with Chelsea romping it... Hope it's closer this year.

Be interesting to see Man Utd progress,

Hi,

I'm not sure about LVG. He has spent a lot of money, not all of it wisely.

My obvious wish is for United, but I think 3rd will be the best possible, and that relies on both City and Scousehampton failing to click with their new signings. United's defence is a real worry, and would be greatly debilitated should De Gea go (I don't think he will go until the end of season though). Chelski are obviously favourites, and it's hard to see past them, but I'm going for Arsenal; Cech was a really necessary and good buy, and really they just need a quality centre back, for depth, and their many stars to stay fit. Giroud is a hell of a lot better than the media and "so-called experts" harp on about, and they will not be able to buy a better version, that will also fit in with the way they play, unless they cough up really stupid money.

Wot!!! No Bournemouth on the poll ?!?! :bhappy

Edited by Fatboyfat

Yes we are here again....The new season is upon us , i am going to stick my little pre season wager on Arsenal this time , i think this could be the year for them to win.......... :thumbup

Hi,

Hope you are right.

My obvious wish is for United, but I think 3rd will be the best possible, and that relies on both City and Scousehampton failing to click with their new signings. United's defence is a real worry, and would be greatly debilitated should De Gea go (I don't think he will go until the end of season though). Chelski are obviously favourites, and it's hard to see past them, but I'm going for Arsenal; Cech was a really necessary and good buy, and really they just need a quality centre back, for depth, and their many stars to stay fit. Giroud is a hell of a lot better than the media and "so-called experts" harp on about, and they will not be able to buy a better version, that will also fit in with the way they play, unless they cough up really stupid money.

Wot!!! No Bournemouth on the poll ?!?! :bhappy

Giroud can play, but in big games he never seems to perform.... thats the issue he is like Darren Bent

Last year I vote with my head and said Chelsea.

And I still think they have a very good team. But I think Mourinho goes for Champions League this year and it can cost in PL.

So this year I vote with my heart and say Arsenal. Maybe I am stupid

Hi,

Good start today with Man Utd v Spurs. Spurs had a good win against Chelsea last season but usually fall short against the top teams.( It was New Years Day and maybe Chelsea had partied too hard) :drunk De Gea is dropped for this game which should give Spurs some chance. Still, it looks like a winning start for United. Stoke have bought some interesting players and it will be interesting to see how they do against Liverpool. Early days.

Hi,

West Ham and Swansea are the heroes of the weekend with great performances against Arsenal and Chelsea. It will be interesting to see if West Ham can play all their games with the same intensity, if they can a place in the Europe League next year is possible. All the top teams fail to impress, but it's early days and City might put on a better show tonight.

Hi,

City put on a show and now must be considered a threat to Chelsea this year. Man City v Chelsea next Sunday is a big game even at this early stage of the season.

After one game Wacmedia? :)

Yaya was up for the game against Villa. Let's see if he can stay fit.

Chelsea has more depth, IMHO.

Early days and plenty of transfers to come.

After one game Wacmedia? :)

Early days and plenty of transfers to come.

Hi,

Yeah, its early days but City seem hungry which they weren't last year. YaYa seems to have got over the birthday cake episode. :D I hope Arsenal and Chelsea make some big signings.

Hi,

Yeah, its early days but City seem hungry which they weren't last year. YaYa seems to have got over the birthday cake episode. :D I hope Arsenal and Chelsea make some big signings.

I can see Arsenal getting beat by Palace this week, City v Chelsea will be good if not open

I can see Arsenal getting beat by Palace this week, City v Chelsea will be good if not open

Hi,

Arsenal usually bounce back after a poor display. However, Palace have really improved since Pardew took over. Stoke are another mid table team who have bought some good players in the window. The top teams seem to be finding it difficult to get their targets but the middle teams have had no difficulty getting theirs. Should be a better season than last.

Despite losing Begovic and Znonzi, my beloved Stoke look on the up with some big signings. Let's see if they can all gel. Will take a few games I believe.

"Stokelona" need the little maestro Bojan fit.

And to think a few years back Dave Kitson was out "star" striker ... :cry2 :hijack

The Potters were a little unlucky to lose against Liverpool but what a quality strike from Coutinho. Top class.

Interesting read on EPL myths:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33757354

As for the other teams.

Newcastle had some impressive moments in attack, as did Southampton.

Leicester growing in confidence with every game.

Sunderland looked doomed. That squad needs "open-heart" surgery.

Edited by Dungheap

Sunderland looked doomed. That squad needs "open-heart" surgery.

Agree, they will probably have to play "Houdini" again. I could have sworn that events at the end of last season were going to result in Sunderland appointing Fat Sam (The type of manager they need to get them more secure). An opportunity missed there; unless of course he declined the position, unbeknown to the public. Edited by Fatboyfat

"Stokelona" need the little maestro Bojan fit.

Leicester growing in confidence with every game.

Hi,

I'd say Stoke will be good to watch this year. Some nice signings. I like Ranieri and hope he does well at Leicester. He has managed some of the best teams in europe so must be better than some of the talking heads claim.

Hi,

LVG seems to be having trouble with De Gea now. United seem to be a club in some disarray. Villa will give them a stern test tonight.

Hi,

LVG seems to be having trouble with De Gea now. United seem to be a club in some disarray. Villa will give them a stern test tonight.

I still think it's a load of bollocks playing premiership footie on a Friday night , i for one have got better things to do so will miss the live game and watch it early tomorrow...... :banghead

I still think it's a load of bollocks playing premiership footie on a Friday night , i for one have got better things to do so will miss the live game and watch it early tomorrow...... :banghead

I hear that but the folks at a pub may disagree with you.

I hear that but the folks at a pub may disagree with you.

It may be different in the USA!

Friday Night is traditional 'ladz night out' in the UK and has never been a night for football.

I wonder if it is another nail in the coffin for the pubs if guys stay home to watch the match.

In the USA,if shown live West Coast, would it not be rather early for the pubs at 11.45am?

Edited by jacko