Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2015-16

Winners ?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a little in match bet last night , checked the odds on 365 for first team to score and got 16/1 for Bournemouth , 2 minutes later they hit the back of the net , there is a god up there after all.......... :beer

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   I think Stoke will be fine even though they were outclassed at Arsenal. Having a good goalkeeper should help them in tigher games. I'd like Bournemouth to stay up but I feel they are doomed.

I haven't been around for a while. I'd just like to say that since then my team have become a force again.   UNITED   TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES MAN UNITED TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES I SAY   TWEN

Lol. Does it take a Thai owner to win in English football?

I had a little in match bet last night , checked the odds on 365 for first team to score and got 16/1 for Bournemouth , 2 minutes later they hit the back of the net , there is a god up there after all.......... :beer

Hi,

Well done. I was too busy yesterday to watch the early match. If I'd watched it I would have had a little bet on Stoke to beat City.

Hi,

Leicester City are top after a good win against out of form Swansea. Can't see Monk lasting much longer which is a shame. Stoke played really entertaining football to beat City. Stoke are like a different club with Hughes in charge. Chelsea lose again. Man Utd scrape a draw against an injury ravaged West Ham. Hard to call this years games, the bookies must be cleaning up.

Leicester have potentially a really testing 4 games for rest of December coming up. Home to Chelski and Man. City and away to both of the Merseyside clubs. If they are still top come the New Year, then anything is possible! I think they may well follow the pattern of Southampton last season though. Interesting that exactly 1 year ago Leicester were well "adrift" at the bottom of the league, and considered relegation certainties!

Swansea are a "really" well run club, probably one of the best in the PL, and are unlikely to make rash decisions. A more experienced "consultant" (Rogers ?) might be brought in to assist Monk there in the first inst, rather than letting the media instigate the axe. I never quite understood what happened there with Michu; one season player of year and regarded as one of the hottest properties in the PL, and then nothing!

Edited by Fatboyfat

The Leicester Xpress rolls on.

Stoke crushed an invisible Man City -- best I have ever seen the Potters play.

Newcastle picked up a huge win. Why did Klopp change the team so much after last week's success? They looked very flat.

Man U and Spurs both disappointing.

The Premier League Merry-Go-Round continues, where inconsistency is the norm.

. Can't see Monk lasting much longer which is a shame.

Hi,

Not happy to have been proved right. Can Man Utd bounce back from a disasterous week with a win on the South Coast ? Bournemouth must be on a high after beating the champions last week, but one would expect a United win. The other game of interest is Chelsea at Leicester. Leicester continue to play well and should give the champions a good game. Enjoy the weekend. :party

I can't take any more of this shite from United. :angry2

My friend here feels similar excepting he is a Chelsea guy!

Monday is a late night for him.

:crying: too!

I was wrong with Swansea, and when that sort of action is taken, I generally wish a relegation on them. I see the quote "lost the changing room" being bandied around. That sort of crap normally means that there is some prima donna player stirring up the shit, and needs to be rooted out and moved on too IMHO. Moyes suffered that a bit at United too, with Giggs allegedly the culprit or spokesman, ably backed up by Van Persie.

I think United will stick with LVG though, unless as with Scousehampton, a real headliner comes on the market; but his results aligned with massive spending are appalling, and even more significantly, dreadfully boring.:yawn: I was wondering about the rather bizarre appointment of Gary Neville at Valencia and whether it had been sponsored in some way by United for him to gain experience; but on reflection I think his aim might be as Hodgson's successor. Guardiola seems to be the flavour of the month, but I for one am wary. He has so far had an armchair ride, managing 2 teams that even Neil Warnock could have won everything with; and when he came up against his old side last season, a team that he should know all about, he showed total naivete and got stuffed. :rolleyes:

Anyway despite my sulking over last nights result, :sosad I do hope Bournemouth turn over others too, and remain up. To lose just about all of their big signings and star players to long term injury is awful bad luck, yet their manager never seems to bemoan that fact.

• Upvote 1

:crying: too!

I was wrong with Swansea, and when that sort of action is taken, I generally wish a relegation on them. I see the quote "lost the changing room" being bandied around. That sort of crap normally means that there is some prima donna player stirring up the shit, and needs to be rooted out and moved on too IMHO. Moyes suffered that a bit at United too, with Giggs allegedly the culprit or spokesman, ably backed up by Van Persie.

I think United will stick with LVG though, unless as with Scousehampton, a real headliner comes on the market; but his results aligned with massive spending are appalling, and even more significantly, dreadfully boring. :yawn: I was wondering about the rather bizarre appointment of Gary Neville at Valencia and whether it had been sponsored in some way by United for him to gain experience; but on reflection I think his aim might be as Hodgson's successor. Guardiola seems to be the flavour of the month, but I for one am wary. He has so far had an armchair ride, managing 2 teams that even Neil Warnock could have won everything with; and when he came up against his old side last season, a team that he should know all about, he showed total naivete and got stuffed. :rolleyes:

Anyway despite my sulking over last nights result, :sosad I do hope Bournemouth turn over others too, and remain up. To lose just about all of their big signings and star players to long term injury is awful bad luck, yet their manager never seems to bemoan that fact.

Please delete drunken rant

Edited by Siam Sam

With regards to Neville, Giggs, Cantona :wtf Solksjaer etc.; I am not a fan of previous players returning to manage clubs where they achieved stardom; It rarely provides success, is rarely a "good product", and normally "ends in tears" quite rapidly!

IMHO Pocahontas, or whatever his name is, would be a good target and "fit" for United. Tottenham's own disingenuity with regards to purloining other clubs managers removes any misgivings I would have with regards to poaching him, and United, despite the feelings of many, is one of the top 3 appointments in club football. He would be unlikely to turn down an offer.

Edited by Fatboyfat

Hi,

Newcastle are the team of the weekend, another good win and a wild night in one part of North London as Arsenal go top and Spurs are beaten. :party Bournemouth defeat United which is a wake up call for the Mancs. Watford are doing a good job, their manager was their best signing I think. Liverpool scrape a draw with West Brom, I think it will take a while for Klopp to get the blend right there. Palace continue to impress and they have a good chance of a top 6 finish.

I can't believe my mate went into town to watch the match which kicked off at 3am or whatever!

Can't get it at the house and am glad of it!

They lost so he will be knackered and grumpy when he comes back in a few hours......... and we are supposed to be going some-place.

(This is some malady being a die-hard supporter, that I am glad not to have!)

Leicester go back to the top and Jose has some issues to sort out!

I am tapped into Sky coverage out here; they were quoting stats etc. "that since the PL began, no team in Leicester's position at this stage of the season has ever finished outside of the top 4", and would hence qualify for Champions League. Squad depth could be a problem though if injuries start to mount up. Leicester looked so much sharper during the match and seem really well "drilled". Mahrez's value must be chuntering up by the minute! :clap1

Edited by Fatboyfat

Mahrez's value must be chuntering up by the minute! :clap1

Hi,

He was bought for peanuts. Looks great player now, what is he worth ? Mourinho is skating on thin ice with his "betrayed" remark. Won't help the players to rally around for sure.

Bye bye Jose. Something tells me he'll end up at United in the future.

Bye bye Jose. Something tells me he'll end up at United in the future.

He "should have" taken over from Ferguson IM(and many others)HO. I would not be at all surprised to see him succeed LVG, and possibly at the end of this season. Depends, of course, on how much influence is still being exerted by Fergie. Clash of massive egos there!

Hi,

It will be interesting to see how the managerial merry go round ends up at the end of the season. Mourinho on the loose and Pep leaving Bayern if the German press is to be believed. I'd like Pep at Gooners if Arsene decides to retire after winning the Prem again. :D

He "should have" taken over from Ferguson IM(and many others)HO. I would not be at all surprised to see him succeed LVG, and possibly at the end of this season. Depends, of course, on how much influence is still being exerted by Fergie. Clash of massive egos there!

Hi,

Mourinhos style didn't go down too well at Real first time round. Not sure he fits the attack style favoured by United supporters either. I'll be surprised if Real take him on again. Maybe Athletico if their guy(Simeone) moves to Chelsea ?

Hi,

Mourinhos style didn't go down too well at Real first time round. Not sure he fits the attack style favoured by United supporters either. I'll be surprised if Real take him on again. Maybe Athletico if their guy(Simeone) moves to Chelsea ?

First and foremost United fans favour "winning" style, and close-knit teamwork; but detest the more lethargic "player" (Berbatov versus Tevez case in point), no matter their skill factor.

Reading "between the lines" wrt Swansea, and "shit-stirrers" in the dressing room (post#164) needing to be rooted out too, it would appear that they have done just that, and Shelvey is destined to be "on his bike" :clap1 Fabregas and Hazard seem to have been the stirrers at Chelski, which, taking into account their particular poor and contrasting performances, would indicate deliberate treachery!

Fabregas and Hazard seem to have been the stirrers at Chelski, which, taking into account their particular poor and contrasting performances, would indicate deliberate treachery!

Hi,

Hazard was the player involved in the doctor drama. Hazard was essentially called out as a cheat by Jose. Can't expect him to work too hard for a manager who undermined him like that.

Hi,

It will be interesting to see how the managerial merry go round ends up at the end of the season. Mourinho on the loose and Pep leaving Bayern if the German press is to be believed. I'd like Pep at Gooners if Arsene decides to retire after winning the Prem again. :D

:chogdee2