Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2015-16

Winners ?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Solid performance from Arsenal as they beat City. I had a feeling of dread when I saw Kun on the teamsheet but he wasn't fit IMO. Kompanys absence was more critical as City look poor defensively without their captain. However, Arsenal have their injuries too so it was an equal battle in that respect. Ozil was great, and Giroud also had a good game. Despite this defeat City are still in the race and could have grabbed an equaliser late on after Toure, Ya Ya, got one back with a great finish. Campbell done fairly well, in the absence of Sanchez, but missed 2 good opportunities to make it 3-0 and those misses could have cost Arsenal 2 points.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   I think Stoke will be fine even though they were outclassed at Arsenal. Having a good goalkeeper should help them in tigher games. I'd like Bournemouth to stay up but I feel they are doomed.

I haven't been around for a while. I'd just like to say that since then my team have become a force again.   UNITED   TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES MAN UNITED TWENTY TIMES TWENTY TIMES I SAY   TWEN

Lol. Does it take a Thai owner to win in English football?

I reckon the current top 4, may well be in place at the end of the season; just the order to be juggled a bit! Leicester have to stay injury free though, much as Blackburn did all those years ago.

Villa look doomed, with no way out. I would say Sunderland too, but the Fat Sam influence is in play there, and he has way more time than he got when he went down with West Ham.

Methinks Luis Van Gaal may well get to make an unwanted New Year's resolution if there are not wins against Stoke and especially Chelski on 26th & 28th.

I can't take much more of this. United are currently playing some of the worst football I have ever seen in all the time I've been a fan. A disgrace considering how much he has spent. Van Gaal has clearly lost the dressing room, the majority of the players do not have their heart in it and this is becoming increasingly evident every week. His days are numbered and I can't see him lasting beyond the new year because they're not capable of beating Stoke and Chelsea.

I can't take much more of this. United are currently playing some of the worst football I have ever seen in all the time I've been a fan. A disgrace considering how much he has spent. Van Gaal has clearly lost the dressing room, the majority of the players do not have their heart in it and this is becoming increasingly evident every week. His days are numbered and I can't see him lasting beyond the new year because they're not capable of beating Stoke and Chelsea.

Hi,

A new manager may not like the players like Blind and Memphis, that LVG bought and will have to sell and buy new players that he likes. More expense for United. Will they take as long as Liverpool to come back to the top ?

Hi,

A new manager may not like the players like Blind and Memphis, that LVG bought and will have to sell and buy new players that he likes. More expense for United. Will they take as long as Liverpool to come back to the top ?

That maybe true but the money isn't the issue, they'll keep spending until they get it right but Van Gaal can't be trusted to spend any more and he isn't capable of getting the best out of what he has bought in. Players like Rooney and Memphis don't become bad players overnight, a large part of that is down to the inspiration and direction they are given by the manager. Fergie was a master at instilling a winning mentality in players, exactly how he was capable of winning the league in his last season with a team of mainly average players. The current squad has way more talent in it than that one but they clearly don't want to play for Van Gaal and are suffocated by his negative tactics. As for asking me do I think it will take them as long as Liverpool to get back to the top, if by that you mean will it take them more than twenty years to win the Champions League then no I don't. Liverpool are still trying to get back to the top in England because they haven't won the title since 1990 so again, I would say no, it won't take United that long to get back to the top but it could take a few more seasons.

Hope you all enjoy your wine and mince pie !!!!!!! :llaugh :party Methinks a certain huge ego's party is surely nearly over now, after that performance! Has he (and the beeb) been reading yesterday''s forum posts? :lol:

Hope you all enjoy your wine and mince pie !!!!!!! :llaugh :party Methinks a certain huge ego's party is surely nearly over now, after that performance! Has he (and the beeb) been reading yesterday''s forum posts? :lol:

Got a link? I saw something about it on the BBC scroll at the bottom of the screen but it hasn't been shown here yet!

Got a link? I saw something about it on the BBC scroll at the bottom of the screen but it hasn't been shown here yet!

Hope it works in Thailand (I sometimes have problems with Beeb video links in Thailand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35166770

• Upvote 1

Hope it works in Thailand (I sometimes have problems with Beeb video links in Thailand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35166770

Yes it worked........

I think he has a point, forcing managers to talk to the media, who vilify them, surely sours the stomach.

I agree to an extent, but one of his saving graces "IMHO" is the way that he handled these press conferences in the past; far, far better than Ferguson ever did. (He just got anybody who ever said or printed a bad word about him or the team banned from the room). LVG had previously always been fairly honest and forthright, and very quick to highlight players faults, even if he was reticent with regards to his own failings! The change of tone, I believe, is due to him actually believing that his P45 is imminent.

• Upvote 1

I'm in Paris, I'll watch the game tomorrow but United aren't going to win and tomorrow will be Van Gaal's penultimate game in charge. You heard it here first. I got an email yesterday, I've been offered tickets for the Chelsea game. Even if I was in the UK, I wouldn't go.

OK, I can hear the sniggering from here!!!! :lol:

I spent 25 minutes searching for a stream of the game that worked, and tolerated Arabic commentary!

Yes, well done Stoke (and Saints) All too often the spotlite falls on the beaten "giants", and ignores just how well the victors have played! (Spoken through gritted teeth! :lol: )

Popular belief is LVG will "commit Hari Kiri" (probably to save face on both sides) after the Chelski match.

Edited by Fatboyfat

C'on Stoke! :)

Surely LVG has to go.

Chelsea didn't look much better either.

Leicester looked fatigued against Liverpool.

I believe that Leicester have hit the peak of their endurance and will now be making a slow descent back down the table as injuries and a lack of manpower begins to take it's toll ...!

Edit : sp

Edited by Nightrider

United will lose against Chelsea and it'll be the end of the road for Van Gaal. It's an absolute disgrace what is going on at United right now with the money that has been spent. Players like Depay are absolute garbage and need to be fucked of as soon as possible, they should be ashamed of themselves. Fellaini, jesus fucking christ I don't no where to begin with that cunt, he is a fucking awful football player. People like Depay need to understand what a privilege it is to play for this club, rather than just collecting his fucking wages each week because that's clearly the only thing he cares about. United haven't lost four games in a row since 1961, they've only scored eleven goals in their last fourteen games and five of them have been 0-0 draws. They're also playing some of the worst football I've ever seen them play in twenty-eight years as a fan. The facts are there for all to see and enough is enough, the "philosophy" is clearly not working and the club is only being damaged further the longer this cunt stays. VAN GAAL OUT. I can't take any more of this cunt, fuck off and get the book that you've been writing during the matches published because you're probably a better writer than you are a manager.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Upvote 1

Time a different salary structure was created..... no win no pay!

Similar to what Bolton Wanderers have initiated!

Thanks Sam for those kind words and the diplomatic tone ... :lol:

Agree with all you wrote. Give Giggs a chance to salvage the season. As bad as Man U have been they are still only 9 points behind the leaders.

On another point, two EPL rounds in two days is too much. Expect some bore draws tonight.

Thanks Sam for those kind words and the diplomatic tone ... :lol:

Agree with all you wrote. Give Giggs a chance to salvage the season. As bad as Man U have been they are still only 9 points behind the leaders.

On another point, two EPL rounds in two days is too much. Expect some bore draws tonight.

There has already been some fairly serious "squad rotation", I would imagine that will continue today.

I do not agree with the Giggs theory; Let us not forget that he has been a "constant" throughout the down period (main antagonist under Moyes, then Manager, then assistant to LVG) However, I do think they may go down that road, if Moaninho is not the choice. IMHO Giggs has to go elsewhere and serve a "proper" managerial apprenticeship. I am not discounting a return for Blanc at some time.

You are right about the 9 points angle, and in this season it would seem that "any" team stringing together a run of results could win, by default, even those as far down the league as Chelski. It is certainly keeping Man.City as favourites though, despite their "injury influenced" inconsistency. The perennial joke team, Tottenham, seem to have most consistency of the larger clubs at the mo' (a wise managerial poach there).

I reckon draws for United and Stoke tonight & Leicester tomorrow. Palace to climb even higher :yikes:

FBF, good points on Giggs, though I wonder how much input he has in LVG's decision-making.

If I recall Ryann had a short stint at the helm as caretaker manager and did ok.

Surely one of the most exciting attacking players of his era would coach the same way but who knows.

Jose obviously has the credentials. Would Fergie consider one last cameo for the rest of the season?

Interesting to see how much activity Man U gets up to during the transfer window. They have certainly spent (wasted?) their share, but all big clubs can be accused of the same. Look at Soldadildo and Spurs ...

Meanwhile, Stoke need to score more goals away, just as Lawro says.

Edited by Dungheap