Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hotel in the heart of the action?

I have some Chinese-American friends stopping off in Pattaya for a couple of nights. There Chinese friends in Bangkok are trying to get them to stay in The Hard Rock Pattaya. I told them they are nuts, probably a joiner fee, too expensive, and if they try to bring multiple girls back to the rooms they might have issues.

These guys speak English pretty well, are not cheap, and they want a nice place that is close to the action and will allow them to monger at will for the short time they are in town.

I should note, they are looking for a traditional style hotel with restaurant, etc as opposed to a guest house/small hotel.

Edited by Sailfast

You're right the Hard Rock Cafe will wind up costing them a fortune.

The Areca Lodge is a lovely hotel in Soi Diana with two swimming pools, is guest friendly and within shagging distance of LK Metro and a 10 baht 5 minute bus ride to and from Walking Street. The same can be said of The Metropole also in Soi Diana and several other establishments in the immediate area from 1000 to 2500 baht a night so they are not what you might call cheap.

The HRC can hardly be said to be in the 'heart of the action' being up in North Pattaya nor is it any better than lots of Pattaya hotels, it's just more expensive and has been known to be peculiar about girls staying over night.

• Upvote 1

I have some Chinese-American friends stopping off in Pattaya for a couple of nights. There Chinese friends in Bangkok are trying to get them to stay in The Hard Rock Pattaya. I told them they are nuts, probably a joiner fee, too expensive, and if they try to bring multiple girls back to the rooms they might have issues.

These guys speak English pretty well, are not cheap, and they want a nice place that is close to the action and will allow them to monger at will for the short time they are in town.

I should note, they are looking for a traditional style hotel with restaurant, etc as opposed to a guest house/small hotel.

I've been at the Hard Rock (once, but never again). I didn't get assessed a joiner fee, but never tried to bring more than one to my room at a time.

What local are they going to be prowling (I use the word "prowl" in honor of Winston) at? Walking Street? Soi 6 LK Metro? I think if you want a hotel in the middle of the action, where they'll call home base for "action" will determine where they stay. Also budget?

If Soi 6, the @Mind Serviced Residence was nice. The Centara is also right there and Siam@Siam looks good. All about the same price.

I've stayed at both Areca and LK Renaissance and I like both of them. TBH, I liked Renaissance better, but I think there's a construction project going on next door so sleeping in may be difficult.

Have stayed Page 10 (liked), Flipper House (cheap and I had fun there). Marriott is more expensive but no joiner fee. Will be at LK the Empress in a couple of months. Will post a review when I'm done with that trip.

Thanks for those replies.

FWIW, LK Empress got poor reviews from a friend who stayed there a couple of years ago. He said it simply wasn't worth the money.

I'm thinking that they will want to be someplace on/near beach road or just off so they can walk up a block to get a bus to soi 6 or simply hop a bus to to walking street.

I'm gonna give them the layout and hope to hook them up with a bar owner or manager who will give them the lowdown as they are not afraid to spend in a bar so it will pay off for both parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got several condos available in the excellent View Talay 2 condo buildings A & B in Jomtien. Lots to do in Jomtien and it's a short ride on the baht bus (10 baht) to Pattaya.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

• Downvote 3

Hi,

I've got several condos available in the excellent View Talay 2 condo buildings A & B in Jomtien. Lots to do in Jomtien and it's a short ride on the baht bus (10 baht) to Pattaya.

Cheers

The topic includes "heart of the action".

• Upvote 1

Jomtien is really nice and lots to do here: dining, beaches, night life. And it's 10 min, on the baht bus to central pattaya.

Are there teleporters in your condos?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Cheers

I'm living in View Talay 2A for the 6th consecutive trip and I wouldn't recommend it to the OP as providing what his friends are looking for.
  • 1 month later...

found useful Pattaya map with guest friendly hotels for newbie here http://gfbooking.com/pattaya/map/

Thanks for those replies.

FWIW, LK Empress got poor reviews from a friend who stayed there a couple of years ago. He said it simply wasn't worth the money.

I'm thinking that they will want to be someplace on/near beach road or just off so they can walk up a block to get a bus to soi 6 or simply hop a bus to to walking street.

I'm gonna give them the layout and hope to hook them up with a bar owner or manager who will give them the lowdown as they are not afraid to spend in a bar so it will pay off for both parties.

Soi Dianna is good because you can walk through Mike Shopping Mall to the beach and which is also a good land mark for getting on or of the baht bus both on 2rd and Beach rd.