Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've heard Chang beer is going from 6 to 5.5% alcohol

There will be some moaning and groaning around Soi Bhua khao .........

I have seen in a few Facebook groups there is some winging about the new Chang. It is not about the alc% but the taste is a bit weaker. Also smaller bottles and cans being 320 ml instead of 330 ml.

I have seen in a few Facebook groups there is some winging about the new Chang. It is not about the alc% but the taste is a bit weaker. Also smaller bottles and cans being 320 ml instead of 330 ml.

from what i understand the lower alcohol is due to not wanting to pay extra taxes...i don't know for sure i'm looking for a second soure

They have made the bottles smaller and eliminated Export, Light and Draught. Whether it will benefit them by having one beer, named Classic in green bottles remains to be seen.

I'll still drink it regardless of alcohol content. After several chang beers and whatever else you drink, it sort of tastes the same anyway though right?

Not much difference really.

Will it still taste like crap?

:thumbup

In my opinion it'll still taste better than all crap lager available in the UK!!!

Singha is my favourite, followed by Chang and then Leo with Tiger a last resort. In the UK i tend to drink Cider or Guinness.

In my opinion it'll still taste better than all crap lager available in the UK!!!

Singha is my favourite, followed by Chang and then Leo with Tiger a last resort. In the UK i tend to drink Cider or Guinness.

You can buy Singha & Chang from Tesco's now.

Just never been a fan personally, In Pattaya I'd drink Singha if I had to even before Heineken but never really liked Chang or Leo.

Back home i'll drink most lagers.

Up in the boonies where I live, a few watering holes will have Singha but most offer only Leo. If you can't drink Leo, you will be thirsty. I drink Leo because I have no other option. Beer drinkers are usually able to get used to nearly any brand. Most places charge 60 baht for a big bottle. I go out 2 or 3 times a week and meet up with a few other local farangs. We solve the world's problems. I try to limit myself to 3 bottles so my bill is 180 baht plus a 20 baht tip.

Just never been a fan personally, In Pattaya I'd drink Singha if I had to even before Heineken but never really liked Chang or Leo.

Back home i'll drink most lagers.

Funny how we all have different tastes in beers. If Singha were the only beer available in Thailand I would never touch another beer again. On a flight from Utapao to Phuket i asked for a beer, the guy said Singha, i said no a beer. He said only have Singha so i ordered an oj. Leo maybe part time, prefer Chang many times over to both but SML is still my usual

Edited by cbrib

I always thought Chang tasted great, but the feeling isn't reciprocated.

Six big bottles had me up-chucking once, and a return event ended similarly.

I threw in the towel well beaten!

And from some of the other supermarkets too.

When I'm back in the UK I tend to only drink alcohol when I go to a rugby match and only have the occasional drink at home.