Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

so its 1 month off charts.. sadly will be missing seeing the bar owners and their top collection coming in.

More like 5 years according to the junta.

7:30 AM is kind of late. Still, I remember one time being in a Walking Street go go bar at 3:45 AM, but I left soon after that. And it's not unusual to see people still in some of the beer bars early in the morning on the way to breakfast. Maybe they should just allow them to open 24 hours a day.

Down in Phuket, it used to be that when you heard the noise from the bars die down, that mean that the sun was getting ready to come up. Once in a while they'd crack down, but usually things went on most of the night.

Edited by js007

It's not only being open late..

It's the under 20's in the bar that is a 5 year closure.

in conjunction with selling alcohol outside legal opening hours ?

I understand it's a point the NCPO insisted a lot in recent weeks.

in conjunction with selling alcohol outside legal opening hours ?

I understand it's a point the NCPO insisted a lot in recent weeks.

That may be, but reality is that many bars are doing the same and are being ignored, but I'd venture to say they are more careful about the ages of their clientele which is the big push right now (school drinking, underage drinking etc).

I am totally confused. I thought it was 18+ for working girls and I have certainly picked up plenty in their late teens at various gogos. Is this a new law, or an old one that nobody bothered to implement until now?

Is it just their working in gogos, or is taking them home with you a problem?

Jay

I am totally confused. I thought it was 18+ for working girls and I have certainly picked up plenty in their late teens at various gogos. Is this a new law, or an old one that nobody bothered to implement until now?

Is it just their working in gogos, or is taking them home with you a problem?

Jay

It's a paradoxical situation. In order to work in a bar/gogo/entertainment venue, the girl has to be 18+, but in order to enter a similar venue as a customer, they must be 20+. It really makes no sense at all.

Consider that if you go to a gogo and barfine a 19yo girl (during which time she is free to drink alcohol), then you take her to another bar as a customer. The police come and check ids, finding she is under 20. The bar is in trouble and so is the girl. Logical? Nah.

• Upvote 1