Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Like the Beach Road cam.

Too far out to see the Coconut freelancers but a good panorama of the bay.

If more businesses consent to placing a camera then it will be like being in a CCTV control room,watching....

Definitely Orwellian.

I recently revisited what I thought was the old "LK Metro" site, to see it has developed into this.

It's not a revolutionary concept in the field of Pattaya live cams. there was a site around 2000 (pattayalivecam.com) that had Soi diamond, Jenny Bar, Walking Street, Tonys, soi 8 and Royal plaza on streaming cam, and in fact I'm not sure if it is still there, but if you walk up Soi diamond, past the "super gogo's" and into the alleyway, look up into the shop awnings on the left as you go along walking toward 2nd road, there's still one there, covered in dust and cobwebs which used to be outside the "Swiss food restaurant".

They were very advanced cameras back then and provided online streaming, but the site went down as the owner turned out to be a conman.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for someone to get a decent streaming cam up. For some reason the FLB one seldom worked for me (still doesn't).

I'm surprised it has taken this long for someone to get a decent streaming cam up. For some reason the FLB one seldom worked for me (still doesn't).

Butch, the FLB cam is only on when the bar is open. It does have it's ups and downs, but when ustream.tv (which is the streaming site) is working, it works well.

These cams that are now around are great though, since they are on 24 hours and seem quite reliable. The FLB cam can be accessed directly on ustream.tv via the link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/view-inside . That bypasses the screen with the embedded chat/video together. The view is only from the inside of the bar looking out to the front of the bar on Walking Street.

• Upvote 1

I looked at Retox cam the other day. It was quite funny, because it was around 5am Thai time and the place was empty apart from seeing a little white dog sitting on the table, where breakfasts would be served later, and two girls looking half a sleep, glued to their smart phones.

I looked at Retox cam the other day. It was quite funny, because it was around 5am Thai time and the place was empty apart from seeing a little white dog sitting on the table, where breakfasts would be served later, and two girls looking half a sleep, glued to their smart phones.

Well, with a bar cam, you have periods of idleness and no customers.

FLB has had a cam in the bar for a decade now, and we've shown empty, quiet, not quiet, and busy periods. It's just the way things are.

If you recall, the website pattayalive was started with the idea of putting webcams in many bars (and charging them for it, I suspect). The "live" in the name was a reference to "live cams".

Noi's bar kept the cam operating during good and bad times, but the Rockhouse pulled out supposedly due to technical problems (which could have been solved in a heartbeat by anyone who really cared to do so). I suspect the reason was more to keep the unvarnished truth from the viewers. When you have video evidence of a quiet bar, you can't really say you're busy.

• Upvote 1

I've been watching the Sweethearts one,pointing up WS towards Marine,at between 5am and 7am Thai time. Watching the unattached streetwalkers trying to snare every male within spitting distnce is quite revealing! Also,a few dramas play out too. Not a bad way to spend few minutes if you have time on your hands. If streetcams are the future,I'm all for it.

I've been watching the Sweethearts one,pointing up WS towards Marine,at between 5am and 7am Thai time. Watching the unattached streetwalkers trying to snare every male within spitting distnce is quite revealing! Also,a few dramas play out too. Not a bad way to spend few minutes if you have time on your hands. If streetcams are the future,I'm all for it.

Hi Billions

Do you have a link to the Sweethearts Cam ? I could not find it

Edited by Gawd Elpus

^^ Just follow the link in the OP....click Walking Street,then there are two options ...Walking Street Guest House cam pointing north and Sweethearts looking south.

In fact,both cameras are nestled side-by-side,attached to the same signage,but the Sweethearts one has a longer field of view.

Noi's bar kept the cam operating during good and bad times, but the Rockhouse pulled out supposedly due to technical problems (which could have been solved in a heartbeat by anyone who really cared to do so). I suspect the reason was more to keep the unvarnished truth from the viewers. When you have video evidence of a quiet bar, you can't really say you're busy.

I recall Papillon making a simple comment along those lines and causing quite a reaction!

I always wondered whether it was evidence of the resident Cockhouse cabaret act's bottle tricks being caught on camera led to its demise! :whistling:

• Upvote 1

Out of interest,is anyone (in addition to myself) watching these cams?? Every now and then I log on,and amuse myself at the little dramas playing out in real time. Often the radio soundtrack that accompanies the moving images is remarkably appropriate.....Madness and "House of Fun" was just on as Pattaya's finest were hard at it looking for ways to pay their rent (or yabba dealer).

The "Sweethearts" one pointing south is particularly good from 4am to 6am local time.....a zillion hookers looking to make a connection and grabbing any unattached male who strolls by.

There's probably no other place in the world where such a live stream exists,hookers blatently going for it,ladyboys mincing and flouncing,and all captured on camera as it happens and then broadcast worldwide.

Fantastic stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Butch, the FLB cam is only on when the bar is open. It does have it's ups and downs, but when ustream.tv (which is the streaming site) is working, it works well.

These cams that are now around are great though, since they are on 24 hours and seem quite reliable. The FLB cam can be accessed directly on ustream.tv via the link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/view-inside . That bypasses the screen with the embedded chat/video together. The view is only from the inside of the bar looking out to the front of the bar on Walking Street.

terrible audio qual though

The old pattayalivecam one has gone from diamond, shame really cos I was going to post a pic.

However, there's an event coming up, 2 or 3 guys are taking on the "belly buster" challenge in the Retox Bar,along with some girls dressed as cheerleaders etc. it's going to be live streamed so when I know more details I'll post them up here.

The old pattayalivecam one has gone from diamond, shame really cos I was going to post a pic.

However, there's an event coming up, 2 or 3 guys are taking on the "belly buster" challenge in the Retox Bar,along with some girls dressed as cheerleaders etc. it's going to be live streamed so when I know more details I'll post them up here.

Update? I'd kind of like to go watch it live.

Update? I'd kind of like to go watch it live.

I've just spoken to one of the guys involved, it looks like it'll be in the first two weeks of November. One of the challengers is Thai, this should be a good event, that belly buster breakfast is bloody massive.

The Cameras will be repositioned for the challenge, so everyone can see the poor guys struggle through it lol!.

Edited by Butch

If only I could loose the black puddings and maybe thr tomatoes I think it would be doable.

But not really worth it even for 5000 baht - could ruin several days

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Aside from turning off my sound completely, is there any way to get rid of that awful, intrusive, and unasked for music that plays when watching the Walking Street cams?

Aside from turning off my sound completely, is there any way to get rid of that awful, intrusive, and unasked for music that plays when watching the Walking Street cams?

Yep - scroll down on the page and you'll find an ad on the right for Real Radio. Press the pause button on the ad, and hey presto, no music!!

KM

• Upvote 1

Yep - scroll down on the page and you'll find an ad on the right for Real Radio. Press the pause button on the ad, and hey presto, no music!!

KM

Thanks!