Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Importing Classic Cars

Has anyone any details or experience on approximate costs and viability of importing cars into Thailand (2nd hand value circa £30,000). I am in the process of selling off my small selection of cars in UK, but was considering importing a 1970 Morgan +8 into Thailand. I don't intend to drive it myself (I have no residency/retirement visa) but am considering it as a gift to the family (the "missus" loves it ), and it is unsuitable for use in Dubai.

Not sure why it would be unsuitable in Dubai, yet suitable for Thailand?

No personal experience but when I have heard similar questions answered at the Expats Club many felt it wasn't worth it.

But if cost is not a concern....

Start here.

Not sure how up to date but easier to read.

Edited by jacko

Too hot in Dubai, and I personally am giving up driving. The "missus" is also banned from driving in UAE! (long and uninteresting story).

Thanks for the links, athough it doesn't quite cover what is in effect "a gift" transaction on my behalf. Looks though it would qualify for a minimum of 70% rebate though due to fact it is some 45 years old.

Morgan +8…I like your style. Hope the termites in Thailand don't eat the ash frame though.

Surely though, being practical it would be better to sell it in the UK then present the Mrs with a brand new Fortuner?