Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Get ready for another big storm (maybe)

Don't do back stroke if any pretty girls turn up then...

Good one.

When I was a teen in a swimming club and we were doing back-stroke........There'd be a line of us sent off in 5 sec intervals.

If there was a girl following me.....I'd slow down with my legs apart.........Hoping her hand would brush my genitals. That was as close as I got to sex.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave it!   If you want to start a topic about where to live, go ahead, but this arguing is silly.

What a strange post ?

Cancel the flight ? Stay in uk if that's your preference...   Weather is great here this morning,,, been cool of late very nice

Posted Images

Good one.

When I was a teen in a swimming club and we were doing back-stroke........There'd be a line of us sent off in 5 sec intervals.

If there was a girl following me.....I'd slow down with my legs apart.........Hoping her hand would brush my genitals. That was as close as I got to sex.

When I was at secondary schools the sexes were kept apart to prevent giggling while breast stroke was being discussed.

We went into hysterics if an arm, (bra) or head, (tete) was mentioned in French.........Best days of our lives.

Anyway the 5 day forecast looks like rain.........

Did you know that the smell of rain is actinomycetes.......a type of bacteria?

Did you know that the smell of rain is actinomycetes.......a type of bacteria?

I do now and will likely regret it for the rest of my life... or I forget it.

• Upvote 1

Good one.

I competed in butterfly. Good prep for my life in Pattaya.

Ahh past lives I was a champion breast stroker in the day, it still comes in handy.

Ahh past lives I was a champion breast stroker in the day, it still comes in handy.

I continue my passion for breast stroking even now.

Rumblerumble as I type..............

5:20 p.m., Saturday October 17

Dang, sure looks like it's raining hard to the north. I wonder if the rain storm is headed our way.

The humidity it thick enough to cut with a knife.

5:20 p.m., Saturday October 17

Dang, sure looks like it's raining hard to the north. I wonder if the rain storm is headed our way.

The humidity it thick enough to cut with a knife.

I am to the North of town and we did get a very windy and heavy rain spell last night around 8pm.

Didn't last long.

This sinkhole first appeared on the path behind the beach at the bottom of Pratumnak Soi 5 after a storm about 4-5 months ago.

IMG_20150610_120238.jpg

It has been getting steadily worse. You can still get past it on foot, Just waiting to see a motorbike at the bottom of the hole one day.

20150918_094258_resized.jpg

This picture was taken near my place, where, a month ago the bridge was completely under water, and twice the bridge has been repaired, as it was damaged by fast flowing water. I am sure the guy who lives here on the corner does not rest well on rainy nights. He must dread a rumble and shift of the bed.

DSC00096.jpg

This picture was taken near my place, where, a month ago the bridge was completely under water, and twice the bridge has been repaired, as it was damaged by fast flowing water. I am sure the guy who lives here on the corner does not rest well on rainy nights. He must dread a rumble and shift of the bed.

attachicon.gifDSC00096.jpg

That looks perilous!!

That looks perilous!!

Another day I saw a few guys messing about with concrete...it was a half arsed attempt, you might be able to see the new concrete. Probably beyond the means of the owner but it looks like it need boarding up and a truck load of concrete pouring under there.

DSC00097.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • 1 year later...

I didn't want to create an entirely new thread just for one random thought. So I searched "storm" and will try and put it here.

-------------

Wow -- that was some thunderstorm last night. I'm in the Baraquda and the thunder shook the place. (In an odd-bit of timing, my girl and I were just starting to boom-boom as the weather did too).

I'm up early having dutifully ushered my girl out the door and am searching for a live stream of the USA/Panama WC qualifying match which begins soon (yeah, we Americans are an embarrassment to soccer, but you have to be loyal). As I type these words (6:30 a.m.), I can still hear distant rumbles of thunder.

I hope that the storm brought rain to help fill the reservoir a bit. But, DANG, I haven't heard thunder as loud as last night's since...perhaps never.

At the south end of Tappraya in Jomtien, the thunder wasn't quite that loud, but it was extended. Water on the floor near one of the sliding glass doors so pretty windy.

Whoa -- another huge crack of thunder. It's raining buckets right now (at the Baraquda -- near Royal Garden Plaza mall.)

Edited by Harvey

Yes, I woke at 3am to it and the thunder is still cracking now....

The rain hasn't been particularly heavy (yet) where I am North of town.

I was on my way home yesterday morning at 2:26 a.m. when the downpour started. I was only five minutes from my condo and probably would have made it if I hadn't stopped to buy a kebab. I took shelter under the awning of a closed MP to see if it would be over quickly.

post-6485-0-46045800-1507384874.jpg

post-6485-0-25548000-1507384888.jpg

post-6485-0-49075000-1507384894.jpg

/

After 20 minutes, it was still coming down in buckets and the soi on which I live was already beginning to flood, so I bought a "Hello Kitty" umbrella for 100 baht from a passing hawker. My camera case is waterproof so that wasn't a worry. I got soaked to the skin, but at least I could walk the last few hundred meters while the center of the street was still visible.

At 6.50 a.m. I was awoken by the loudest thunder I've ever heard. One hell of a storm, but by no means the worst.

Evil

post-6485-0-05899600-1507385531.gif

I've been trapped here at the Royal Garden Plaza top floor, on the covered balcony at Starbucks, nursing a coffee and watching it pour down buckets. Hasn't stopped for the last 25 minutes.

I guess it comes with visiting during the rainy season. But this is some rain maker right here. (5 p.m. Pattaya time)