Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Air Asia Increase U-Tapao Services.

Soon you will be able to get to more places from Pattaya's local airport.....directly.

To add to their current services, we will also have Singapore, Macao and a domestic route, Udon Thani (future).

Existing services are KL and some China Destinations.

Hangzhou (HGH)

Nanning (NNG)

Nanchang (KHN)

Nice weekend break or visa run.

Air Asia.

Air Asia.jpg

Edited by jacko

Compared to going to the new Bangkok airport or Don Muang, how close is U-Tapo?

About 40 KM, much closer. The problem is the traffic on Sukhumvit can be a bit of a nightmare.

There is a dog-leg short-cut you can take using 332/331 which brings you out at the Queen Sirikit Hospital.

If you are on the North side or well East of town you can use Hwy 36/331.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

About 40 KM, much closer. The problem is the traffic on Sukhumvit can be a bit of a nightmare.

If you are on the North side or well East of town you can use Hwy 36/331.

From Jomtien it takes us 25 minutes via 332/331 to drive to the Queen Sirikit Hospital and 30 minutes to the U-tapao airport.There is a Thai bloke in our condo complex who will take us there for 500 baht in his BMW if needed.

I have to believe that in the long term this could be a good move providing that there are sufficient destinations and the infrastructure of a shuttle service for instance to get passengers to and from the place. This seems to have always been an issue .

One of the great joys of visiting Thailand for me has been the ability to have cheap flights to all over Asia. This changed when Air Asia moved to Don Muang and since that date I haven't used them.

Handy fr aussies as the AA flight to KL gets in at 7pm, good time to catch the 9.30p Gold Coast flight

Handy fr aussies as the AA flight to KL gets in at 7pm, good time to catch the 9.30p Gold Coast flight

Yes, I informed an Oz mate of mine too as last time he visited he came Air Asia via KL.

It also makes a trip via Singapore another option for those wanting to get straight to Pattaya.

I have always been put off by arriving at DMG and having to go through Bangkok traffic.

I need to get up to date on transport availability at U-Tapao, but there is a large car-park so getting met and picked up should be straight-forward.

• 1 year later...

AirAsia doing promotion tonight on Walking Street

for new lines Pattaya-Phuket and Pattaya-Ubon Ratchathani starting March 30th

AirAsia Launching Daily Pattaya to Phuket Flights

http://www.hotties-pattaya.com/2017/02/airasia-launching-daily-pattaya-to.html

"Introductory promotional prices are Pattaya to Phuket one-way for 790 baht

and 490 baht for flights from U-Tapao to Ubon Ratchathani

for bookings made by 26th February for travel between 30 March 2017 to 6 February 2018"

I have to believe that in the long term this could be a good move providing that there are sufficient destinations and the infrastructure of a shuttle service for instance to get passengers to and from the place. This seems to have always been an issue .

One of the great joys of visiting Thailand for me has been the ability to have cheap flights to all over Asia. This changed when Air Asia moved to Don Muang and since that date I haven't used them.

We used it via Singapore once overnight in Singapore costs more that what we saved. But it was an experience, I would be more likely to use it again flying down from Chiang Mi. When I booked there was an option to book a shuttle pickup from Central Shopping Center, we went with a local taxi 500 baht took about an hour.

Do they have a flight to Kanchanaburi?

Cant find one

I think the nearest airports are Don Mueng or Swampy!