Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I got it on my phone ready for that day my Mrs says make your own way home!

I too would like to know, since Pattaya taxis refuse to use their meters will they also baulk at a pre-defined price from this App.

Edited by jacko
spellig

I was told yesterday it's a great service, has anyone used it ?

Going from a recognized location, such as a major condo to someplace such as Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, it is a good option. A majority of the time, your taxi will arrive within 15 minutes and you can watch it enroute. It will show a price for the trip which seems to be market or even a few baht cheaper and the drivers honor that price without any dispute.

Whether you would do as well going from your house to a darkside bar I don't know as I have never tried.

I got it on my phone ready for that day my Mrs says make your own way home!

I too would like to know, since Pattaya taxis refuse to use their meters will they also baulk at a pre-defined price from this App.

The guy that told me how good it was said thye have the guys car number phone , name and email so he can't ?

Who knows..

I downloaded it and checked on the rate from Thapprasit, Jomtien to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, and it came up with 175 baht. I'd probably have to pay just a bit less for a motorbike taxi.

I might use them sometime...looks pretty good.

The guy that told me how good it was said thye have the guys car number phone , name and email so he can't ?

Who knows..

They have the taxi number but the last two times, I used it, the number was not correct. It also has the driver's phone #, which probably has to be accurate as it runs on the driver's phone.
  • 1 year later...

I am using the Grab Taxi service quite often in Bangkok as well as in Chiang Mai.

Works great, and the prices quoted before were all more than reasonable.

Not so in Pattaya. Prices per Kilometer seems to be more than double than those in other towns.

Guess you cant blame the Taxi Drivers as they have the honorable duty to put rice on the table of their bosses, more often than not high Army and Police rank ...

• Upvote 1

Jeez I get a lot of spam/emails from those guys, most of which I cannot read.