Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hi

Looking to have a Wisdom Tooth removed at Dental Smile Pattaya on 3rd Road.

Any one had any recent experience with this Dental Surgery.

Thanks

Glynn

I had one removed at the place on 2nd Rd and soi 6.

It was very well handled. This was an upper one which may well be easier to do.

• 4 years later...

I went in there Saturday because I had chipped my tooth eating fried frog, then my filling fell out. 

800 baht for consultation, x-ray and temporary filling. I go back for root canal tomorrow..

I'd like to give a big shout out to Midlifecrisis but I'll do that in the chair tomorrow. Instead, a nod to him .......well more of a headbutt than a nod really...... He should be burned at the stake  over mildly warm ashes very slowly.

In one of the lockdown threads he predicted how things could quickly deteriorate from toothache, to chipped tooth, to root canal surgery....... I hadn't realised that he was refering directly to me !!

BURN THE WITCH !!

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I go back for root canal tomorrow..

I had one done 14 months back at BHP.... bloody horrible.

35 minutes ago, jacko said:

I had one done 14 months back at BHP.... bloody horrible.

Thanks for the words of encouragement !!!

I had one done in Myanmar a few years ago and the dentist is lucky to be alive I can bloody tell you!!!

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I went in there Saturday because I had chipped my tooth eating fried frog, then my filling fell out. 

800 baht for consultation, x-ray and temporary filling. I go back for root canal tomorrow..

I'd like to give a big shout out to Midlifecrisis but I'll do that in the chair tomorrow. Instead, a nod to him .......well more of a headbutt than a nod really...... He should be burned at the stake  over mildly warm ashes very slowly.

In one of the lockdown threads he predicted how things could quickly deteriorate from toothache, to chipped tooth, to root canal surgery....... I hadn't realised that he was refering directly to me !!

BURN THE WITCH !!

I have been sitting at my cpu screen for a long time chanting HEX! HEX! I had no idea it would actually work. I will set my wrath on others now! You have suffered enough!

I had a couple of root canals in my life and I pray never again.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

I have been sitting at my cpu screen for a long time chanting HEX! HEX! I had no idea it would actually work. I will set my wrath on others now! You have suffered enough!

Or you could just send me a cheque to cover the dentist fees and for "recuperation"

51 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

In a perfect world! Or, the American court system. Google ambulance chaser!

How about just paying for the recuperation bit - I'll be quick!!

15 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Likewise. 

One was 30+ years ago, eh. 

Second one was 7 years ago at Bangkok Hospital, lady dentist.  Other than the pain killer injection (upper palate ☹️?), no pain at all.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

My computer is older. So old I have to chant OCTAL! OCTAL! for the incantation to work. :whistling:

• Haha 2

Well well well.. What a fantastic place this is!!

20 minutes root canal surgery! Done, dusted and painless...Not even the injections hurt because she swiped the area with some sort of numbing liquid...!!

It may have been nearer to 15 minutes, but the reason it went so smoothly was because she only had to remove the temporary filling from my consultation visit on Saturday and grind a little deeper to get to the nerve . I now have to go back next week, and the week after, for cleaning before a permanent filling is done.

The dentist and I had a bit of a laugh at the prospect of me wanting a filling rather than a crown after I said " I'm 64....it doesn't have to last too long!!"

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Well well well.. What a fantastic place this is!!

20 minutes root canal surgery! Done, dusted and painless...Not even the injections hurt because she swiped the area with some sort of numbing liquid...!!

It may have been nearer to 15 minutes, but the reason it went so smoothly was because she only had to remove the temporary filling from my consultation visit on Saturday and grind a little deeper to get to the nerve . I now have to go back next week, and the week after, for cleaning before a permanent filling is done.

The dentist and I had a bit of a laugh at the prospect of me wanting a filling rather than a crown after I said " I'm 64....it doesn't have to last too long!!"

Glad it went well. When I had a root canal the worst session was grinding down the tooth for the crown preparation.

35 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Glad it went well. When I had a root canal the worst session was grinding down the tooth for the crown preparation.

Yup ...The root removal in Myanmar had a 10/10 pain rating....and took 2 hours...This place 1/10 purely for the "vibration" of the drill.

In Myanmar,when I asked for an injection for the grinding down of the tooth in preparation for the crown he said "no need - not have nerve anymore"...

Just thought I'd update:- Last night was quite painful as the drugs wore off but this was to be expected so I took some pain killers and had a good nights sleep ...

From what I experienced on my two visits so far I thoroghly recommend this place, especially if you are a coward like me ...!!!

EDIT = I will add prices when each "activity" is completed. 

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I went back on Tuesday to have the temporary filling removed, cleaning and refilling. I got home just before a thunderstorm hit and knocked out my internet for 2 days...!!!

Final visit for root canal work will be next Tuesday.....

Just now, JONPAT said:

Bullfrog, are you writing about 'Dental Smile Pattaya on 3rd Road'? Several places have been mentioned aong with  pronouns. Just want to be sure.? 

- Dental smile 3rd road.

- Junction of Pattaya Tai and 3rd road (Tony's Gym/Walkabout Creek/Veggie Restaurant)

- Walk East on Pattaya Tai past Friendship direction turn left onto 3rd road heading North and it is on the left about 3 shops before the first soi.

Tel:0863388568 .It opens at 0930hrs but "operations" start at 11am.

Whilst waiting in reception other customers have been Thai female adults, Thai female children and farang male adults.

EDIT= If you are on a motorcye then use the route I described earlier but drive passed it to the soi by the 7/11 and do a u-turn up onto the pavement and park outside.

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Thanks 1

Today was my 3rd and final visit for root canal surgery treatment and, as promised, here is how much everything cost.

1. Initial consultation - as previously reported, 800 baht for consultation, x-ray and temporary filling

2 Root canal surgery - 10,000 Baht for 3 visits.

- First visit to remove nerve

- 2nd visit to remove temporary filling, clean and refill

- 3rd visit to remove temporary filling clean and rebuild my tooth and fill permanently. My tooth had lost about a third of its outer "shell"and she took quite some time but it was definitely worth it. I can't afford a cap at the moment and am sure this solution will do me for a couple of years!

As reported earlier, I am a coward but the treatment that I received in both medical terms and service was perfect!

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

FFS I'm getting old. Another tooth cracked open today so I'm heading back tomorrow. Please not another root canal surgery!!

Karma! ?

7 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

FFS I'm getting old. Another tooth cracked open today so I'm heading back tomorrow. Please not another root canal surgery!!

Sorry to hear of your difficulty. Where you eating something hard at the time? he cracked part? Is it top/bottom, front/back, or side to side crack? Pictures ?

6 hours ago, JONPAT said:

Sorry to hear of your difficulty. Where you eating something hard at the time? he cracked part? Is it top/bottom, front/back, or side to side crack? Pictures ?

Bottom left molar, .A small "V" is now missing from the inside down to the gum. I had been eating chicken at the time.

Edited by Bullfrog

So I'm back. I'm alive and I've skulled a bottle of ice cold Sato so all is good in my world!

As expected the first thing they did was an X-Ray. And bugger me up the arse with a garden dibber if the whole of that side of the tooth didn't fall out when the thing was removed, so of course I expected another Root Canal Surgery. When she bunged the picture on the screen she started pointing out all the problems and of course I nodded but for all I knew it could have been a scan of a baby in a womb. The important thing was that she was going to delve inside, take a look around to see if she could just do a filling and rebuild the tooth..... and whilst at it clean and fill the tooth next to it.

So here we come to a brief synopsis :- 

- X-Ray.

- 90 minutes treatment in the chair

- 2 fillings

- Rebuild the shell on the shattered tooth

- 3000 baht.

- There were a few painful moments but I took my mind off things by hatching a cunning plan to make some spunk ice cubes for when Keyman makes it over to the slums on his next visit. Don't tell him though as it will ruin the surprise!

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 1