Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattayatalk (mostly) upgraded to latest Invision level

The forum software has been upgraded to 3.4.8, the latest release of IPB3.

A few things remain to be done..no logo, some menu items missing...but it's late and I want to get some sleep, and failing that, watch some NFL football matches, so I'll get to those later.

Any other problems, let me know in this thread.

Thanks.

I use Firefox (up to date version) to access the forum and the little button to the left of each topic that you can click to take you to the unread posts seem to be missing.

I use Firefox (up to date version) to access the forum and the little button to the left of each topic that you can click to take you to the unread posts seem to be missing.

Yes, me too.

I am also having some posting issues with sluggish response, and the forum not kicking me back to the thread with my new post in.

I am suspicious the latter issue is related to my ISP, browser or an in Thailand issue though.

Edited by jacko

I do not have the ability to vote up or down any posts (reputation).

No green or red click boxes there.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

Me neither, perhaps its to do with the recent update/upgrade, and a few more fixes needed

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 1

Same for me, whether using Chrome, Firefox or IE. Earlier I had a problem with P-T responding sluggishly while other boards weren't, i.e., it didn't depend on my ISP. The sluggishness now seems to have corrected itself, but still no red or green boxes for voting.

Evil

:devil:

No picture/logo in the top banner... I just figured out what looks different!

Edited by jacko

Same for me, whether using Chrome, Firefox or IE. Earlier I had a problem with P-T responding sluggishly while other boards weren't, i.e., it didn't depend on my ISP. The sluggishness now seems to have corrected itself, but still no red or green boxes for voting.

Evil

:devil:

This is a test post.

I just tried switching in a USA based VPN server and although less sluggish, I am still having issues when posting, namely the waiting/working indication persists a long time, and the thread does not get refreshed automatically. The post goes in though.

Edited by jacko

I posted with pics in the pizza recommendation thread and it hung during the posting process, then gave me the following error message:

Capturev.GIF

The post went through, though.

Evil

:devil

I'm a bit groggy after watching my 49er's team get thrashed again from 3:30am to 6 am :brokeheart , but will be working on these issues as t get more coffee in my system...and perhaps another nap.

I'm also making this post to check out this response issue...

Oh, very bad I see. My screen hung at "saving post" for ages...when I finally refreshed, I saw that the post was there.

This might involve some downtime on the forum today to fix it.

Would someone check the URL4SHORT problem? Do a Google search that finds a topic in Pattayatalk, and click on it. That's how to check it.

I think it might be fixed now.

Would someone check the URL4SHORT problem? Do a Google search that finds a topic in Pattayatalk, and click on it. That's how to check it.

I think it might be fixed now.

Scratch that...the problem reappeared again...will work that too.

Invision has been no help on this issue even though the offending code is generated by changing anything in one of their skins through their admin interface.

Scratch that...the problem reappeared again...will work that too.

Invision has been no help on this issue even though the offending code is generated by changing anything in one of their skins through their admin interface.

Ok, I think I got it this time..found the source for the virus in some file where it was well hidden...time will tell if it will reinfect or not, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I have addressed all the issues shown above...did I miss anyone?

3 problems remain that I know of...

1) The Agoda link isn't working (for me, at least)

2) The top right of each post has a faint text field that is the description for the post number (e.g. #18)

3) The (endless) "..saving post" state after clicking POST seems to be intermittant and I don't have any idea why. Sometimes when I post it goes right through, and other times it hangs with "..saving post". If I refresh the page, the post is there...

Has anyone figured out some pattern or circumstance that causes this to happen?

If it's never happened to you, please let me know, because that might indicate a network problem rather than a server configuration problem.

I do not have the ability to vote up or down any posts (reputaton)..

Green and red seems to be working alright.

Test to see if this post "hangs."

EDIT: It did, same effect as described in earlier posts. It doesn't seem to matter if I connect directly to the Internet or use a VPN. I will purge the browser's cache and restart my computer to see if that makes a difference.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil