Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 252 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Pattaya Pizza Recommendations

Have previously used Pizza Big on Naklua Road and recommended this but the last time I went the Pizza was well short on filling.

Pizza Big on Naklua Road. Is what I would recommend based on experience. Good luck.

As per Evil's photo, when you get around 1-inch or more of nothing around the outside crust then I tend to cut it off and leave it. That accounts to around 25-percent of the meal.

Now moved up into number one spot for me is the Holiday Inn on Beach Road and have been well satisfied with the different pizzas I have tried.

You can sit outside, enjoy the sea breeze and watch the world go by.

The crust is crispy but you can probably just about fold it, not that I try as I prefer the stainless method of troughing.

From 3:00 to 4:30 there is 50-percent off and you also get free bread sticks, a warm soft bread baguette accompanied with a bowl of what looks like olive oil with some black stuff in it.

I have tried dipping the bread sticks and the bread in the oil but it does nothing for me. Maybe someone can explain what the oil is and what you are supposed to do with it.

The bread baguette is the best bread I have tasted in Pattaya and this goes back with me in a napkin and is used with my 2-boiled eggs the following morning. I was taught not to waste food.

Last week I turned up without my reading glasses and picked out a pizza called calzone.

I certainly had a WTF moment when it arrived and thought I had ordered a Cornish Pasty.

It was bread dough folded with all the ingredients, mozzarella, spinach mushrooms and peppers. It was different but very nice.

The pizzas work out around 230 baht with the discount.

Unless you have transport the only downer is that both venues are not central and need a baht bus or two or a long walk to get there.

"From 3:00 to 4:30 there is 50-percent off and you also get free bread sticks, a warm soft bread baguette accompanied with a bowl of what looks like olive oil with some black stuff in it."

The "black stuff" is Balsamic vinegar.

Which reminds me of a classic UK television series of a few decades ago :

The choice of best pizzas varies as much as the choice of a flavor of the day lady. I like my pizza with a lot of meat and cheese. I have seen guys rave about a pizza that reminded me of a piece of flat bread covered with spiced tomato sauce. No meat and very little cheese. Pizza Company may not be the best but at least it is consistent. I am able to order online and it will be delivered within 30 minutes. They also have salads, ice cream and chicken. What has always irritated me was getting a very good pizza from a new place and the next one I order is nothing like the first one.

Have previously used Pizza Big on Naklua Road and recommended this but the last time I went the Pizza was well short on filling.

As per Evil's photo, when you get around 1-inch or more of nothing around the outside crust then I tend to cut it off and leave it. That accounts to around 25-percent of the meal.

I ate in Pizza Big 3 times a few weeks ago, along with 3 people that had never before heard of the place, but I knew they liked pizza and they loved it. Pizza was great, generous toppings and reasonably priced. I think a pizza with two topping that was easily enough for 2 cost 280Tbt.

As per Evil's photo, that photo was not taken in Pizza Big, and with regard to the Holiday Inn, I checked out of there less than 2 weeks ago after 8 nights. Pizza, like all food and drink there was a joke. Crap and very expensive that they try to offset with silly happy hours. Nice location though and lovely infinity pool.

Maybe if you are staying in a Condo type room you could ask on here if there are any Iceland supermarkets in Pats. I believe they are very good! :rolleyes:

Edited by python