Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

If you are travelling Biz or 1st for sure; Or if you have the right tier frequent flier membership (Skywards Silver) that allows you entry into the lounge. The lounges in the A380 terminal are enormous (Each one seems bigger than the whole of Edinburgh airport terminal !) They are obliged to offer you free refreshments if there is a certain unscheduled delay (2-3 hours) from an EU airport, but not sure on the rules outside of the EU.

I have heard rumours of a free voucher for the delights of a McDonalds or slice of pizza for scheduled waits in excess of 4 hours, but it involved going to a very specific information desk to collect it.

Edited by Fatboyfat

If you are travelling Biz or 1st for sure; Or if you have the right tier frequent flier membership (Skywards Silver) that allows you entry into the lounge. The lounges in the A380 terminal are enormous (Each one seems bigger than the whole of Edinburgh airport terminal !) They are obliged to offer you free refreshments if there is a certain unscheduled delay (2-3 hours) from an EU airport, but not sure on the rules outside of the EU.

I have heard rumours of a free voucher for the delights of a McDonalds or slice of pizza for scheduled waits in excess of 4 hours, but it involved going to a very specific information desk to collect it.

thanks .i didnt know bought the buffet but was told by another traveller on same flight

think the buffet was next door to the irish pub but we had to wait till 7.00am till it opened

you can book time in the inclusive lounge for the 8 hours im there at a cost of 340 auds

That is quite expensive for the lounge pass. Normally they are about 200 AED which is about £35 or 2000 Baht, but are for 5 hour max (the missus had one a while back), so I suppose your higher quote would probably cover the 8 hours. An added bonus if your onward flight is on an A380, is that you board directly from the lounge. £60 is quite a chunk though, if flying on an economy fare, and the airport has many lay flat loungers, and reasonable seats should you not mind the noise. There are also some "Japanese style" pod " coffins" or capsules around, but I am not sure of their cost. 8 hours is quite a long wait though, I did it several times flying on the 2100 "ish" flight from BKK to Glasgow, but always had the luxury of the 1st class lounges. (340 AED would be well worth it for that lounge, but it is not available for purchase.)

That is quite expensive for the lounge pass. Normally they are about 200 AED which is about £35 or 2000 Baht, but are for 5 hour max (the missus had one a while back), so I suppose your higher quote would probably cover the 8 hours. An added bonus if your onward flight is on an A380, is that you board directly from the lounge. £60 is quite a chunk though, if flying on an economy fare, and the airport has many lay flat loungers, and reasonable seats should you not mind the noise. There are also some "Japanese style" pod " coffins" or capsules around, but I am not sure of their cost. 8 hours is quite a long wait though, I did it several times flying on the 2100 "ish" flight from BKK to Glasgow, but always had the luxury of the 1st class lounges. (340 AED would be well worth it for that lounge, but it is not available for purchase.)

the 340aed is for i think malhambra lounge

i was thinking of inquiring on the lounge when im in dubai on the inbound trip

when u think a pint of fosters is about a tenner if i book the lounge it means idont have to get any ued,s

will have to think about it. iv got 3 weeks to go