Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Why do you think this will change anything? Beach road clearance operations happen with monotonous regularity. The hookers rounded up are charged with vagrancy, fined 100 baht and released back onto the streets unless they fail the drug test.☺

Why do you think this will change anything? Beach road clearance operations happen with monotonous regularity. The hookers rounded up are charged with vagrancy, fined 100 baht and released back onto the streets unless they fail the drug test.☺

I doubt CB is going to stay as it is....Click

I feel this could be the start of a real clean up.

Las Vegas did it. It's still a party place, however no where near how it was a few decades ago.

Edited by Chester007
  • Upvote 1

That article was written in 2002!!!

Crap, wrong link was used... I'll find the one that was suppose to be there. Could take a while as I forget where I was. Okay changed the link I'll get back to the Chinese later. Basically I feel the Military if they stay in power will clean up the area and Puckett

a snippet from the article

This explanation says the takeover has placed the police, traditionally at odds with the military, in some sort of frenzy amidst proposed restructuring that is likely to deeply disrupt the way the police have operated — both formally and informally,” says Thai political analyst Saksith Saiyasombut.

Edited by Chester007

Easy mate, that could be someone's bethrothed and may well be heading to uk soon...

Easy mate, that could be someone's bethrothed and may well be heading to uk soon...

Maybe, the term 'my girl's different' will take on a different meaning if that is the case!!! Bacardi breezer, anyone?55555

Not today or tomorrow, but let's review this in 5 yrs

Yes, that sums it up for me.

Beach Rd certainly is littered somewhat at night and I would be happy to see them removed, but it isn't just the chicks with pricks I am thinking of.

Edited by jacko

Crap, wrong link was used... I'll find the one that was suppose to be there. Could take a while as I forget where I was. Okay changed the link I'll get back to the Chinese later. Basically I feel the Military if they stay in power will clean up the area and Puckett

a snippet from the article

This explanation says the takeover has placed the police, traditionally at odds with the military, in some sort of frenzy amidst proposed restructuring that is likely to deeply disrupt the way the police have operated — both formally and informally,” says Thai political analyst Saksith Saiyasombut.

Bit of a leap to link an article about police hassling tourists in Bangkok to a round up of mainly Thai 'vagrants' on Beach Road.

The power balance between the military and the police may have changed since the coup but the government has bigger problems to deal with than beach road.

As Misteregg pointed out the Thais do not have the legislation in place to deal with this issue. I would suggest that they have much higher priorities to deal with, such as implementing a new constitution, before taking further action on Beach Road where the problems mainly occur after midnight when there are fewer people around anyway.

Its easy enough to avoid walking along Beach Road at night, why put yourself at risk for the sake of a 10 baht baht bus ride or a c40 baht motorbike fare,

Edited by tallguy

Maybe, the term 'my girl's different' will take on a different meaning if that is the case!!! Bacardi breezer, anyone?55555

Maybe the soul mate searchers will check it out ? ??

After many failed marriages and on the fag end of their lives , why not ??

Bit of a leap to link an article about police hassling tourists in Bangkok to a round up of mainly Thai 'vagrants' on Beach Road.

The power balance between the military and the police may have changed since the coup but the government has bigger problems to deal with than beach road.

As Misteregg pointed out the Thais do not have the legislation in place to deal with this issue. I would suggest that they have much higher priorities to deal with, such as implementing a new constitution, before taking further action on Beach Road where the problems mainly occur after midnight when there are fewer people around anyway.

Its easy enough to avoid walking along Beach Road at night, why put yourself at risk for the sake of a 10 baht baht bus ride or a c40 baht motorbike fare,

10 baht , I refuse to be a Loop I walk then wring the sweat out of my clothes thus saving on water , hang them up and they are dry in the morning ☺️

Thailand does not have the laws to clean this up.

I think it is more like Thailand, especially here in Pattaya, does not have the interest.

They make a bust or two to make the news and they look good, like they are against prostitution and doing something about it. Also a tool to line their pockets. After a 100 baht fine is paid they have done their jobs and release the lovely welcomers of the coconut bar back into the wild to do theirs. Almost quid pro pro

• Upvote 2