Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

At what point is a person a LDOP a fool on a stool

As long as you don't mind other "advising" you

I am most certainly prepared to read any advice coming my way, and be either accepting or dismissive of it.

Sick buffalo stuff would probably not be.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody is entitled to tell anyone else how to spend their money

Properly given, advice is about new or missed opportunities, not lambasting people for choices they made in the past. Give advice politely and it will be taken politely. Criticize and condemn people f

Maybe an excessive message, but maybe will go trough the hard skull bones... I know... mostly not...the hope die last... just being harrased to show the truth and bumped out maybe for a few secons fro

I am most certainly prepared to read any advice coming my way, and be either accepting or dismissive of it.

Sick buffalo stuff would probably not be.

Buffaloes do get sick. How is one to know what's true and what's a fraud?

Shall we condemn all buffaloes to misery and sickness and possibly death because they have been used as excuses for more money by some?

Know your buffalo!

• Upvote 2

Are we allowed to 'advise' someone who thinks she really does have a sick buffalo?

Properly given, advice is about new or missed opportunities, not lambasting people for choices they made in the past. Give advice politely and it will be taken politely. Criticize and condemn people for the choices they make and they will respond with hostility. It's not more complicated than that.

The "don't-pay-the-girls-too-much" posts are often condemnation, not advice. It's one thing to write, "You don't have to have to give a girl money to help a sick buffalo, just tell the girl to feed the buffalo a bowl of instant ramen soup," and another to write, "It's mental cripple lame dupe losers like you who are spoiling the girls, driving up prices and ruining the scene for everyone."

The first is advice, the second is condemnation and dictating. Of course, the first is not necessarily GOOD advice and the giver probably knows very little about Thai girls or buffalos, but that is beside the point.

I would advise anyone who visits Pattaya during the rainy season to carry an umbrella when they go out at night because storms can come up quickly. But if some people disregard that advice, I wouldn't regard them as stupid or egoistic or anything else negative. I'd just figure they don't mind getting wet. In any case, their decision on carrying an umbrella in no way affects me. I'll deal with rainy weather according to my preference and they'll deal with it according to theirs.

Same-same when it comes to paying the girls- or for the welfare of buffalos.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

The "don't-pay-the-girls-too-much" posts are often condemnation, not advice. It's one thing to write, "You don't have to have to give a girl money to help a sick buffalo, just tell the girl to feed the buffalo a bowl of instant ramen soup," and another to write, "It's mental cripple lame dupe losers like you who are spoiling the girls, driving up prices and ruining the scene for everyone."

Maybe an excessive message, but maybe will go trough the hard skull bones... I know... mostly not...the hope die last... just being harrased to show the truth and bumped out maybe for a few secons from the rose tinted illusions... I'm understood this years ago, when a good mate who translated and published the book: Private Dancer in hungarian told me in my condo looking honestly in my eyes: This girl is different... ( when I bantered with him about the 2 condo, the house back home, the car, the motorbykes he bought already.... the latest news about him, his kid from this girl was kidnapped and he had to pay a huge sum.... our hungarian community agree... it was the family... ) BTW... I never told anything like : "don't-pay-the-girls-too-much" I just stated the possible conclusions... was I right ?? Judge yourself.... the 1000-2000 only barfines, ( in some places much more ) the girls's demands... 2-3000 and only short times... Funny thing... I asked today myself... how we got from the original GFE, party girls to the mercenary sexworkers... Too bad, I can't find my old post in the archive when I claimed, me and many others aren't sex tourists... just enjoys the girls... Nowadays I feel myself as a hard core sex tourist... and to be honest much more boring, than my " not sex tourist " times... Ok... I change, we change, the girls change.... the times change.... But anyone who wants to claim the " mental cripple lame loser dupes " don't effected the scene... a simple lie... However funny to see the former LDOP heroes being ignored in the bars to fighting with their own LDOPs.... the japs... No wonder, all of the farang based boards are dead... many of the former posters simple stopped to come ( it seems, the majority ) ... many of them - thanx for the success oriented english speaking culture ... to share a personal failure is a shame - simple don't posts...

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Buffaloes do get sick. How is one to know what's true and what's a fraud?

Shall we condemn all buffaloes to misery and sickness and possibly death because they have been used as excuses for more money by some?

Know your buffalo!

On the balance of probabilities, as Judge Rinder would say!

My first time in Pattaya was in 1999. On may second trip, I was going to have more shirts made since I was pleased with the ones I had gotten the last time. A co-worker had been here previously and knew where to get shirts made for 10 baht less then I had paid. He was willing to show me the shop since he was going to go there to pick up shirts he had taken there to be repaired because of bad workmanship.

Does paying 10 baht more for shirts that do not require repairesmake me a LDOP?

• 3 weeks later...

No one especially myself is trying to tell anyone how to spend their money , it is obvious that some things cost more than others so the difference between the Northshore and and soi Aruntha is easy to see. The problem is that some things are the same and LDOPs overpay to the detriment of those who want to pay the going rate not some inflated rate that gets paid by guys who have more money than the time it takes to get the best price. If you want it to be an auction go to an auction.

• Upvote 1

No one especially myself is trying to tell anyone how to spend their money , it is obvious that some things cost more than others so the difference between the Northshore and and soi Aruntha is easy to see. The problem is that some things are the same and LDOPs overpay to the detriment of those who want to pay the going rate not some inflated rate that gets paid by guys who have more money than the time it takes to get the best price. If you want it to be an auction go to an auction.

An auction, a good example of someone wanting to pay more and spoiling it for another!!

• Upvote 2

Buffaloe validation, does the Loop need to see papers ? I mean how would you know whose Buffaloe it is ?

... when the LDOP offers the buffaloe a potatoe or a tomatoe to eat and his name's Dan Quayle?

• Upvote 1

My first time in Pattaya was in 1999. On may second trip, I was going to have more shirts made since I was pleased with the ones I had gotten the last time. A co-worker had been here previously and knew where to get shirts made for 10 baht less then I had paid. He was willing to show me the shop since he was going to go there to pick up shirts he had taken there to be repaired because of bad workmanship.

No, because....

Pattaya is the one of the only places in the world where you would choose another "supplier" for a product or "service" even when you were satisfied the first time with the first "supplier"'s product or "service". It's habit-forming.....

Andy Cap

When I read posts about LDOP or 2 week millionaires and their effect on prices, I often compare the Gogo and Beach Road. Agogo are very popular with both of these groups, and BF and ST/LT prices have increased quite exorbitantly over say the last ten years. By comparison BR FL were still charging the same (500 baht) for ST as I paid ten years ago, is this as a result of over payment by short term visitors??

• Upvote 1

When I read posts about LDOP or 2 week millionaires and their effect on prices, I often compare the Gogo and Beach Road. Agogo are very popular with both of these groups, and BF and ST/LT prices have increased quite exorbitantly over say the last ten years. By comparison BR FL were still charging the same (500 baht) for ST as I paid ten years ago, is this as a result of over payment by short term visitors??

The last 1-2 years max... when the japs started to invade Pattaya and the agency girls were introduced... no any 10 years ... The agency plague started it...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You realise that you are solely responsible for the now seen exponential price increase in shirts, ties and other associated items of daywear?. you see, by overpaying 10 baht, the vendor now realises you have 10 baht in your pocket extra, and can afford it, so will now increase across the industry in Pattaya by talking with his friends on the "Indian tailor grapevine". That means all us guys who used to pay low prices for a nice, slim fitting, well made shirt now are left with having to pay much more from the Tailor shops.

What I do however, is wait for the Tailor to sell off his cancelled orders, so I can still score a tight fitting chemise with a long collar and perfectly formed sleeves for the same money you might be paying for a saggy, creased old T shirt which has seen better days.

You, Sir, are a shirt buying LDOP. Don't come moaning to me when the price increases over the next 5 years and you end up buying your shirts from Cambodia or some such place because you've ruined it for the rest of us. You will be destined to walk past Tailor shops, viewing in the window having a mental wank over the "Hawes and Curtis" style shirt which only the Japs can afford.

This is the end of cheap shirts in Pattaya as we know it.

The last 1-2 years max... when the japs started to invade Pattaya and the agency girls were introduced... no any 10 years ... The agency plague started it...

Hi,

I know you have your detractors on here, but you have been right on this issue.

Nobody is entitled to tell anyone else how to spend their money

No, I can't force any one to spend their money the way I see fit, but they can't stop me from calling them an idiot for the way they do either.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I tend to think we are all 'fools on stools'..........

I tend to think we are all 'fools on stools'..........

Hi,

We can all be conned by the girls at some stage. I wear silk shirts, linen trousers and bespoke shoes. I like to think of myself as a mature quality tourist. :D

Overweighted, elder , sweating farangs... Brilliant , one was whining about the heat the other day...

I guess you mean the ones in the 100 baht Indian tailored fake silk Hawaiian shirts...

Spending money on a "real" silk Hawaiian shirt would keep you cooler :).

[but over $100]

I spend my money how the feck I want. I have enough money when I visit and don't need to stand in the cheap charlie queue and spend all night hunting to save me 500 or a 1000 baht, I am on holiday and time is money,

I have been known to ring a bell or two , over paid a girl or two, generally I have a great time and get more chance of a repeat if I want it,

I can see how an ex-pat needs to be more patient and not squander his living allowance - but i'm not an ex-pat and don't give a fuck about ruining the scene for some ex-pat.

My scene is doing quiet nicely. if this means some smelly expat living on fumes has to go home cos he can't afford pussy on his pension - feckin shame 555

The true looser LDOP to me is the one who doesn't know how to say No, doesn't have the budget to keep up with his bell ringing lifestyle, only holidays a week when he could stay a month if he calmed down.

and came over to find a "girlfriend" to settle down with.

I am lucky enough to get 3 or 4 months a year - never have a budget and ring as many bells as I like and take as many giks as I like. Now I prefer some of the bar girls but gogo girls are good for short time but generally need a lot more interview to make sure they are not a dud.

If anyone wants to give me advise -- speak to the hand cos the penis isn't listening! 5555555

Yes, even some of us expats spend 'our money' similarly. Some of us are in our last stage in life and we can't take it with us....

• Upvote 1