Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 250 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

No alcohol sales from 1 a.m. the 27th until midnight on the 27th.

> No alcohol sales from 1 a.m. the 27th until midnight on the 27th.

Wrong MM ;)

They wrote ๐๐.๐๑ and not ๐๑.๐๐

From Midnight + 1 minute (night 26 to 27) to Midnight (night 27 to 28),

so in other words: the full 27 of October.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the warning....

Luckily I have 2 x 2ltre bottles of mont claire stashed away .. If I run out the local Family Mart normally serve me...... but others might not be as lucky as me.....

... and at 1030am the local Family Mart served me with 4 x cans of cheers extra.....

EDIT = There were signs in Thai and English saying no alcohol on sale today.......next to the standard 11 till 2 sign..

Edited by Bullfrog

Bunch of bloody party-poopers with their alcohol bans. Laughable do-gooders (controllers), just as we have in the west but with more power and less accountability.

• Upvote 1

Bunch of bloody party-poopers with their alcohol bans. Laughable do-gooders (controllers), just as we have in the west but with more power and less accountability.

There are normally a couple of places serving beer on days like this.........

Much of the staff from FLB came to our house and ate and drank till 6am this morning...it seems they didn't take the no-alcohol restriction very seriously.

BTW, it's likely that most of the gogos and bars will resume selling alcohol an hour or two before midnight tonight.

Much of the staff from FLB came to our house and ate and drank till 6am this morning...it seems they didn't take the no-alcohol restriction very seriously.

The area that I live in is predominantly BGs / motor cy / rose sellers/ "security" people and each family seemed to be having a party last night...

Interestingly the " cashiers" that normally leave for soi 6 at 1pm haven't surfaced yet....

Edited by Bullfrog

The area that I live in is predominantly BGs / motor cy / rose sellers/ "security" people and each family seemed to be having a party last night...

Interestingly the " cashiers" that normally leave for soi 6 at 1pm haven't surfaced yet....

It makes one wonder exactly who the "good" Buddhists are who need such a no-alcohol day. I don't know any myself, but then, most people I know are from the bar industry.

It makes one wonder exactly who the "good" Buddhists are who need such a no-alcohol day. I don't know any myself, but then, most people I know are from the bar industry.

When I lived up country there were a few Monks that could have done with a day off stimulants...!!

I wonder what changes will happen by these "party-poopers" as several hardliner Buddhist groups seek to have Buddhism declared as the official state religion in the new constitution... obvious power grab...

(yes,yes... I know Buddhism is not a religion... go figure)...

Push to make Buddhism state religion: Thailand

http://www.business-standard.com/article/international/push-to-make-buddhism-state-religion-thailand-115102500367_1.html

I wonder what changes will happen by these "party-poopers" as several hardliner Buddhist groups seek to have Buddhism declared as the official state religion in the new constitution... obvious power grab...

(yes,yes... I know Buddhism is not a religion... go figure)...

Push to make Buddhism state religion: Thailand

http://www.business-standard.com/article/international/push-to-make-buddhism-state-religion-thailand-115102500367_1.html

I know this a complete TF but look what the fuckers incited in Myanmar in Rakhine. !!!

Thanks for the write up and the letter in Thai. I had problems explaining the closure to Kennika so gave her the letter to read. Thankfully I can catch up on the computer and she can do the house work!

In my student days I worked in a UK disco where there were some bizarre drink regulations on religious holidays. This was especially noticeable at Easter time when there was no alcoholic drink to be served after 10:30 on Good Friday, unless you were having food as well. Then at 11:00, no drink at all to be sold and no music allowed. Consequently some ‘act’ was booked, such as a magician or hypnotist, who did not require music. Then at midnight we were into a different day, so the bar opened, the music went back on and it was business as usual.

Regulations were also enforced every Sunday, where you had to have food to buy drink – we gave the food away for free.

I popped into a gentlemen's club yesterday about 12.30pm.. There was a sign up saying they 'were closed tomorrow' which i was pretty sure had been put up the day before........but desperate, and on the off chance I put my hear around the metal gates anyway and saw two girls sweeping leaves and an old one sitting folding towels.

The old lady sees me and bellows, 'Can come can come' She tells me, 'Bom, (my regular), not here but you can fuck one of these.' With a nonchalant flick of the wrist she indicates towards the two girls in sloppy shirts, shorts and flip-flops.

Seeing a chance to get away from the manual labour and make some money from the work they are trained for..... but caught unawares in drab clothes and denied the artifice of make-up, both girls like the professionals they are, put down their brooms and stuck their tits in my face.

Now a gentleman would have taken them both.....But on the reasoning that the lucky one would repay her good fortune in enthusiastic gratitude I chose the one with the biggest dumplings and off we went.The old lady shouts 'If want beer can take room but not bar'

'appy days...

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

My good Buddhist lady continued her self imposed alcohol ban, as she did for the whole period of Buddhist Lent.

She went off to the 7-11 yesterday to get a bottle of her favourite tipple, Regency Brandy, but they weren't selling it, or any other alcohol.Won't even let you prepare to break your fast!

Edited by jacko

Last night i walked into 7/11 and was sold beer no problem, the girl behind the counter asked me why i came late tonight. Usually i go in around 9 and buy 2 bottles of SML.

It was a funny old night in Pattaya. Sure there was drink being sold before midnight but the clubs were filling up awaiting the starters pistol. I was in Sugar Baby and it was a rip roaring start to the Wednesday however walking around town it was a game of two halves. Soi Diamond was quiet other than Windmill which was pumping. I was also in Sensations which was also chocka. A number of places didnt open and some were empty.

I ended the night back in Soi LK via the Cherry Bar where Skygod was in conference. The night as usual ended with a monster bill at Showgirls where I was accused by Kennika of having fishy fingers. Just another night in Pattaya.

• Upvote 1