Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys

When im in town next week i want to try some thai meals

Such as forgive the spelling, penang gai , massaman curry, tom yam

What is the thai for not too spicey

i know its nid noy but not sure what else

thanks

steve

You could also get a small duck or eight of something, as the words sound similar in Thai. :D

Penang and massuman (I always call it mamasan to annoy my good lady) are great curry/ coconut milk dishes, but not particularly spicy (normally). Tom Yam can be, as they liberally pour chilli oil on it too. Yes try saying mai pet as suggested, most places will understand. Sadly, what often seems to be a problem, is getting your instructions passed to the kitchen. I hear my Mrs say 'mai pet' as she orders often, but it seems to get ignored judging by the results.

Plenty of rice with it!

Edited by jacko

Thanks guys

Idont mind spicey but had a tom yam think it was at rosies and could only eat quarter of the bowl

it was bucket size though

will try more thai foos next week

By the way whats the thai food like at kiss 24

had lots of western mwals there but the thai menu has pics so it might be easier

Personally I think the Thai food at Kiss is dreadful. Prices might look reasonable but portion sizes are very small. So many places in the area do better food it's hard to know where to start.

give it a go, begginers guide to thai food

If a "beginner" goes there he will think under-cooked crunchy cold rice and tasteless food is normal...keep away from the place.

My advice is to order a fried egg with your food as it calms down the spiciness..... my preference is a runny egg ( kai dow mai sook) but I know from previous threads that some on here don't like the idea of a runny egg so just ask for kai dow...

I think the comment prior is very true, cheap, fast and crap.

Sort of place you stagger into after a night of drinking. I know my last visit was undesired as it came from my barfine feeling hungry (aren't they always) on the way back and I sat there watching her eat as my 'power' waned!

• Upvote 1

I think the comment prior is very true, cheap, fast and crap.

Sort of place you stagger into after a night of drinking. I know my last visit was undesired as it came from my barfine feeling hungry (aren't they always) on the way back and I sat there watching her eat as my 'power' waned!

Agreed, I never liked Kiss food. There are many places better than that and most have pictures of the food. There is one just up Soi Diana before you get to Soi LK Metro that is pretty good, but there are also lots of others around town.

• Upvote 1

Yes really...I don't think google does regional accents...I agree with Jacko...

I am tone deaf, I get served up with 8 ducks and a big green hill when I ask for something spicy with sticky rice.

Many of the restaurants have service staff that know enough english to understand : no Sa picy!

In regards to the egg and Thai restaurants, food carts especially the aharn dtam sang places, you can say kai dao dip. You should get it nice and runny