Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am confused about the METV that goes into affect Nov 13. How does that affect a normal tourist visa that is obtained when going through passport control at the airport? Is it true that the tourist visa has been extended to 60 days on arrival for US citizens?

Any clarification of my confusion would be greatly appreciated............Thanks in advance.

CB

I am confused about the METV that goes into affect Nov 13. How does that affect a normal tourist visa that is obtained when going through passport control at the airport? Is it true that the tourist visa has been extended to 60 days on arrival for US citizens?

Any clarification of my confusion would be greatly appreciated............Thanks in advance.

CB

You do not get a tourist visa when you go through passport control at the airport. You get a 30-day waiver.

A tourist visa would be obtained at a Thai consulate, outside of Thailand.

• Upvote 1

Go to Phnom Penh or Vientiane where you do get a visa on arrival. Then imagine everyone doing the same thing at Suvarnabhumi. It's not just semantics.

BTW, a friend just got back from Vientiane, Laos, where he obtained a double entry tourist visa this week.

The METV is not yet available,

so nothing should change on actual visas until November 13.

BTW if your intention is to get a 2 or 3-entry visa soon for a "long stay as tourist" in Thailand,

I recommend you to think about it and eventually get this visa before November 13th,

because the probability is high that 2 & 3-entry will not be available anymore...

• Upvote 1