Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden Free Bitcoin Sunday

Can you start a Monopoly money Monday?

I will as long as you promise to accept monopoly money in your bar and convince another half million merchants to accept it too, as they accept Bitcoin, including Microsoft, Expedia, Overstock.com and Save the Children Fund.

PS You should talk to me about accepting bitcoin in Sugar Baby. I'd tell you about how you have zero risk from charge backs, zero fees and can instantly access the money as opposed to credit cards where you are always at risk of charge backs, pay substantial fees and can not be sure you get to keep the money until at least three months after it was spent.

Edited by PattayaPete
  • Upvote 1

And while it's going through the longish process of confirming the transaction, you can sell a few more drinks while the customer waits.

Talking of go-gos and bitcoins...... Does the bitcoin system lend itself favourably for money laundering operations?

Talking of go-gos and bitcoins...... Does the bitcoin system lend itself favourably for money laundering operations?

Not so much. If you want to do serious money laundering I'd recommend the experts, HSBC Bank. They have done serious work in the drug trade laundering money for Mexican drug cartels and avoiding tax in the UK by laundering money through their Swiss branches (all widely reported).

The problem with any sort of criminal activity with bitcoin is that you leave a permanent trail of the transactions on the blockchain. While this in itself will not get you caught you have to be very careful you don't give away your identity when converting to fiat money. It can be done if you are careful and understand exactly how bitcoin works but criminals will usually take the easy way out and use a money laundering expert like a bank or just plain cash.

Edited by PattayaPete

Dam it, got my days mixed up. Thought it was today. Let us know here if you are going to do it again next week please Pete.

I showed up. Pete was sitting right at the front of the bar. He duly sent me 100 baht in BTC when it was $393 per BTC at the time.

By the time I had finished my mango shake and cappuccino, BTC had dropped to $385, so if I'd paid my 195 baht bin with BTC, I'd have paid more BTC than I'd received, so I became an "investor" and paid with cash.

It's not a bad deal for Pete, because you undoubtedly will order more than you receive in free BTC. A nice promotion.

Still a good deal for a visitor too. If I had been in town I would have shown up.

Petes help in explaining the workings of bitcoins would be great in itself.

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Still a good deal for a visitor too. If I had been in town I would have shown up.

Petes help in explaining the workings of bitcoins would be great in itself.

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Yep, I would go if he does it again and be happy to pay cash for some Bitcoin just to learn.

Martin, it's 393.74 now so you will be up a little.

Turnout was a little disappointing - only Martin turned up! So I don't think I'll do it again.

How about this instead. Anytime I am in the Beer Garden, if you approach me and ask about Bitcoin, I will give you 100 baht's worth for free Just ask and you will receive, limit one time per person.

• Upvote 2

Turnout was a little disappointing - only Martin turned up! So I don't think I'll do it again.

How about this instead. Anytime I am in the Beer Garden, if you approach me and ask about Bitcoin, I will give you 100 baht's worth for free Just ask and you will receive, limit one time per person.

And that is why I became an investor :P

Sounds good. Is there any times that you are regularly in there? Also, I've no idea what you look like.

Woo hoo! The 100 baht of BTC I received is now worth 107 baht!

Time to party!!

Don't!! You'll spoil it for the rest of us!! :bhappy

KM

• Upvote 1