Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

37th Bangkok International Motor Show

• 3 months later...

Looks like this might be the last one with the sexy model outfits....

The cold hand of conservatism and control increases its grip.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/03/thai-authorities-to-restrict-sexy-motor-shows/

AFTER a particularly steamy performance by a female and male model at the popular Bangkok International Motor Show on Thursday worked up a frenzy on social media, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has told the Culture Ministry and police to prevent such an incident from recurring – much to the dismay of motor show enthusiasts.

Prayuth said the law may be amended to restrict the exploitation of sexy models and seductive performances in the future.

“This is a matter of individual conscience and one should never claim she has to do such an immorally wrong act for money,” the Bangkok Post reported him saying.

The risqué performance (video below) saw famous local adult film star Cherry Samkhok, wearing nothing more than a black bra and panties, dance erotically with her male dance partner, Apisit Sae-ung.

The performance was meant to promote a car stereo company at the motor show.

The pair have since been fined 1,500 baht (US$42) each. Pranaya Pliankim, the organiser of the performance, and Kritathach Piyawuthiphoch, the sound controller at the show, were also fined due to their involvement in the incident.

Coconuts Bangkok reported that Cherry and the others apologized for the incident, claiming that they had viewed it as “art”.

“Maybe the show was inappropriate for the venue and event. We all live under the law and I accept it. I did my duty, but police also have to do theirs. If the society and the law said the dance was not appropriate, then I’m guilty,” Cherry said.

I fear the decolletage in this picture will be forbidden as well. I really hope they aren't going to be that prudish, but this regime has continually surprised me with the actions they take...bridge clubs, red bowls, clicking LIKE on unapproved content, holding up 3 fingers, reading 1984...who knows where it ends?

post-4715-0-47318600-1459323847.jpg

• Upvote 1

In 1972, George Carlin was arrested for obscenity for saying 7 words on stage.

In 1981, Wendy O Williams of the punk rock band Plasmatics was arrested for obscenity for simulating a sex act with a sledge hammer on stage.

Both of these incidents occurred in my hometown.

Here's another set from Tuesday.

DSC_3089.JPG

DSC_3100.JPG

DSC_3130.JPG

DSC_3133.JPG

DSC_3138.JPG

DSC_3145.JPG

DSC_3163.JPG

DSC_3171.JPG

DSC_3178.JPG

DSC_3180.JPG

DSC_3182.JPG

DSC_3192.JPG

DSC_3196.JPG

DSC_3202.JPG

DSC_3226.JPG

DSC_3230.JPG

DSC_3234.JPG

DSC_3248.JPG

DSC_3251.JPG

DSC_3270.JPG

DSC_3284.JPG

• Upvote 3

Looks like the general has spoiled the show.

I bet that by next year it's business as usual.

Let's hope so...and same for all the entertainment venues that might be on their upcoming target list.

Looks like the general has spoiled the show.

He and his supporters are doing their best to effect that.

• 8 months later...

I attended this year's show today, 1.5 million are expected. Admission is 100 baht.

DSC_4851.jpg

My truck was there :P

DSC_5228.jpg

... some nicer vehicles

DSC_5015.jpg

DSC_4906.jpg

DSC_5170.jpg

... with lots of prettys 1luv

DSC_4856.jpg

DSC_5190.jpg

DSC_5043.jpg

DSC_5090.jpg

DSC_5110.jpg

DSC_5127.jpg

DSC_5149.jpg

DSC_5215.jpg

DSC_5204.jpg

The pretties wore mostly black and white gowns attire had to be approved in advance. :deal Very conservative, not much exposure, but that doesn't mean they can't hop on a bike and flash some knee! :thumbup

DSC_5249.jpg

Afterwards I visited Flan O'Brien's Irish Pub downstairs, just leave the bottle!

DSC_5145.jpg

I had to sober up with an Irish Coffee before heading home

DSC_5142.jpg

Cheers :gulp

• Upvote 3

Boy I am getting old....

That Aston must be the most beautiful thing on Earth!

• Upvote 1

Great pictures, especially the mechanical devices.

What's up with so many, maybe 75% or greater of the models, with dyed auburn/brown/red hair?

They are all beautiful, but often I long for the days of the monotonous lovely shiny black long straight hair.

• Upvote 2

Great pictures, especially the mechanical devices.

What's up with so many, maybe 75% or greater of the models, with dyed auburn/brown/red hair?

They are all beautiful, but often I long for the days of the monotonous lovely shiny black long straight hair.

Maybe time to change the marketing strategy? The show only achieved 2/3 the 50,000 vehicle sales target.

DSC_4857.jpg

DSC_4910.jpg

DSC_4917.jpg

DSC_4969.jpg

DSC_4972.jpg

DSC_4977.jpg

DSC_5026.jpg

DSC_5028.jpg

DSC_5032.jpg

DSC_5041.jpg

DSC_5057.jpg

DSC_5068.jpg

DSC_5133.jpg

DSC_5155.jpg

DSC_5157.jpg

DSC_5174.jpg

DSC_5225.jpg

Boy I am getting old....

That Aston must be the most beautiful thing on Earth!

Too old for a foursome?

DSC_5005.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...