Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

"Meet and Greet" for "paupers"! at Suvarnbhum Airport

Being a "pauper"! (ie I always fly economy class!) from U.K. to Bangkok. I seem to get an even longer wait to get through immigration at Suvarnbhum.........The crowds are always massive EVERY! time I get there.........

It pisses me off to wait (not always in an "orderly"! queue) for what seems like ages, after a long flight. So with this in mind.....I just paid 850 baht to B.F.S This will apparently get me a "fast lane" through immigration. Now , I realise you lucky bleeders who fly Business , and of course First class, get this fast lane malarkey anyway (Ive flown Business class 3 times before)..........but for us common folk...............we wait for what seems like an eternity in the airport!!

So Im "hoping"! this will be a bit better.Apparently, I will be met at the gate, then led to immigration via a "fast lane". Its got to be worth 850 baht! I arrive at 12.10 the last Friday in January....(Im flying Qatar from LHR via Doha..............it will be the first time in 19 years, Ive not flown direct Ive used Thai or Eva for the last 19 years......................so even if it saves me 30 or 40 minutes or so at the airport......and I can get to Patts faster.......it has to be worth it!

I will put up a report when I get back in March!

PS. I got the link for this service by somebody who posted it in an "air-line " thread.............So many thanks for that!

My planes always seem to arrive around midnight. Lots of people at immigration, but they also usually have lots of immigration officers on duty. I'd say the usual wait is around 10 minutes. Then there's the baggage. That can take a while, and if you're lucky they won't lose yours. That seems to happen to me frequently. So frequently that, from now on, I'm taking a carry-on only.

It is more about the time of your arrival, busy times are super busy!

I flew in Qatar last time and did not wait long, but they have numerous flights, one is early morning, which is busy. One about midday, and one about 7pm. I usually arrive at midday.

• Upvote 1

As Jacko intimates, the 1200 arrival time seems to be far less congested than the 1600ish arrival times for EVA or Thai, in my experience. The early morning 0700ish arrival for Thai is also a very busy time.

If ever I had the need to go back to the economy scrum at BKK immigration, I think I would happily pay the 850 Baht /£17 for the fast track! Is that charge for one way or return, and does it include any other services? Hope it meets your expectations Marleyboy.

What good does it do you when you are able to get through customs quickly? You end up waiting for you luggage so what difference does it make where you wait?

• Upvote 1

Then there's the baggage. That can take a while, and if you're lucky they won't lose yours. That seems to happen to me frequently. So frequently that, from now on, I'm taking a carry-on only.

Interesting. With at least one trip a year since 2002, I've had only one time my baggage didn't arrive when I did. That was in January this year when a scheduled tight connection in Incheon got even tighter due to strong head winds coming across the Pacific.

I tend to arrive between 9 PM and 1 AM. I stood in line four times last year and in every instance beat the luggage out of the chute. I cannot see me paying a premium for the odd few minutes now and again.

I used the 850 service this February because I got pissed off with the mess at the normal immigration, this time I will just let her take me to the fast track booths and get the pass and let her go I don't need my hand

holding to get my luggage and make my way to the taxi or bus,it's 23:60 euro well spent.I do get there before my luggage but it's a 10 minute wait max and relaxed.

I have used this service and it does what it says in the tin.

Now, I can use the Thai channel when I show my work permit

Edited by misteregg

I have ALWAYS!!! waited a minimum of 45 minutes.......sometimes even longer, stood behind obnoxious .

Therefore my bags are always waiting for me!

For the sake of 850 baht? Id rather sit down and wait for me bags (maybe ) than stand for an hour or more, in a seemingly unending immigration line.......Im a Brit. we queue! properly.............lots of other nationalities have no conception of this!! They will just barge in........I cant handle this sort of crap after a long flight. I cant keep my mouth shut either! when I see some prick trying to barge their way in!!

So 850 baht will be fine for me!

the 850 baht is just for 1 pass........................Going back to the U.K. im that depressed/pissed off anyway? i dont seem to mind the queues.....which never seem to be long as entry lines anyway! I arrive at mid-day from Doha on the a380 so more people again to queue!!!

Interesting. With at least one trip a year since 2002, I've had only one time my baggage didn't arrive when I did. That was in January this year when a scheduled tight connection in Incheon got even tighter due to strong head winds coming across the Pacific.

I think the problem usually comes up when you have connecting flights. For example, the last time I had a problem was when my plane was late getting to Detroit for the flight to Japan. I don't think they even tried to transfer the bags. They just shipped them the next day. I almost didn't make the connection myself.

What good does it do you when you are able to get through customs quickly? You end up waiting for you luggage so what difference does it make where you wait?

I think we are actually talking about getting through immigration quickly.

Customs comes after luggage.

Sometimes luggage is out quickly, some people travel with only hand baggage. Time to get a cart, find the correct belt, and make sure nobody goes off with your bag.

Its immigration Im talking about!! I can honestly say. EVERY! time I go through, I have to stand and queue for what seems like hours.........

Ive only ever once (in about 34 years!) been stopped at customs entering Bangkok......... the guy asked me how many bottles of whisky I had? I said one...........he said OK.......He didnt even look! Customs is a breeze.........immigration on the other hand!! Right pain!!

• 1 month later...

fast track is good idea if you arrive at 0600 or later. my Munich flight on Thai was at gate at 0545 from gate to exit was 30 minutes with no line.

when i reached the immigration person i looked back at Que it was out of site down into duty free. never had a wait thru japan arriving at 11.35 on ana

30 mins tops bags waiting. fast track offers golf cart ride also. online booking is required in advance you go thru the diplomatic line.

There were some people waiting already at the carousel when i got there,

and the bags arrived fast because they had red labels on marked Priority

I guess they paid for the privilege,Eva with fasttrack and priority luggage they were out of there fast before the rest had even got through the normal passport controlled,it's the way to go if you really need it.

My flight two weeks ago landed at 5.40 (it was due at 6.20) and I cleared immigration within a few minutes of reaching it. However ALL bags from my flight were delayed by about 40 minutes, so it's pretty hit and miss as to whether this service is always a benefit as opposed to just catching it right. In all my visits I have very rarely had any major delays getting through immigration and collecting my baggage.

KM

To be honest I am finding that the queues in the premium fast track immigration are starting to resemble what was happening at normal immigration a while back. Probably due to the advent of the "purchasable" fast track pass. Maybe they will be opening up a third level sometime in the future, should the more vociferous premium class travellers start complaining.

Having said that, my most recent arrival on a Sunday, had the wheels hitting the tarmac at 1210, and despite the delay at immigration, I was still in Pattaya (Dolphin quasi-roundabout) by 1420.

My flight two weeks ago landed at 5.40 (it was due at 6.20) and I cleared immigration within a few minutes of reaching it. However ALL bags from my flight were delayed by about 40 minutes, so it's pretty hit and miss as to whether this service is always a benefit as opposed to just catching it right. In all my visits I have very rarely had any major delays getting through immigration and collecting my baggage.

KM

So if you landed 40 minutes early, your bags were on time, not delayed.

So if you landed 40 minutes early, your bags were on time, not delayed.

Must have been on a 'work to rule'!!

Must have been on a 'work to rule'!!

You did better than the Mrs sister, hers arrived 24 hours after she did.