Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have an internal staff administration problem and will no doubt be open shortly. Nothing whatsoever to do with unfounded comments about food poisoning.

I had dinner last night at The Bite, which is the reincarnated Bite Me! on the same premises near the corner of Third Road and Soi Lengkee. I had one of the two daily specials- escalope of chicken wi

LOL. I was trained by the US Army to inspect mess halls, restaurants, snack bars on military bases for food sanitation. I have 4 years experience conducting monthly inspections. When a restaurants sta

Posted Images

A smoked salmon pizza is one of the very few things that could lure me out of my nice dry condo and into the water-throwing madness of Songkran in Pattaya. Sure enough, I got soaked and even worse, smeared with that goddamned white paste, both on the way to Bite Me and on the way back, but the special of the day was worth dripping wet clothes and the 240 baht it cost.

post-6485-0-71924700-1460559299.jpg

If you only think of pizza in terms of the Italian-American variation with a tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, the Bit Me version might take you by surprise. It could just as easily (and accurately) be called Smoked Salmon on Round Flatbread, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

post-6485-0-46116800-1460559303.jpg

Basically, the flatbread base was cooked separately and a generous portion of smoked salmon was placed on it after the base had cooled a bit. The capers and creme fraiche added the right touch; they complement of the delicate flavor of the salmon but don't overwhelm it. Plase excuse the poor quality of the pics. I don't dare take my DSLR camera with me during Songkran and used a waterproof compact camera instead. It's not very good for close-ups.

post-6485-0-25749700-1460559306.jpg

post-6485-0-91439900-1460559310.jpg

Supposedly smoked salmon pizza was first made by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck at his flagship restaurant Spago in Beverly Hills, CA. Modern food legend has it that Puck ran out of bagels one day and used pizza dough as a substitute. His smoked salmon pizza, topped with caviar, was big hit.

post-6485-0-73193100-1460559308.jpg

post-6485-0-29660600-1460559313.jpg

Not much more to say, other than if you get a chance, don't hesitate to try smoked salmon pizza at Bite Me.

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A smoked salmon pizza is one of the very few things that could lure me out of my nice dry condo and into the water-throwing madness of Songkran in Pattaya. Sure enough, I got soaked and even worse, smeared with that goddamned white paste, both on the way to Bite Me and on the way back, but the special of the day was worth dripping wet clothes and the 240 baht it cost.

post-6485-0-71924700-1460559299.jpg

If you only think of pizza in terms of the Italian-American variation with a tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, the Bit Me version might take you by surprise. It could just as easily (and accurately) be called Smoked Salmon on Round Flatbread, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

post-6485-0-46116800-1460559303.jpg

Basically, the flatbread base was cooked separately and a generous portion of smoked salmon was placed on it after the base had cooled a bit. The capers and creme fraiche added the right touch; they complement of the delicate flavor of the salmon but don't overwhelm it. Plase excuse the poor quality of the pics. I don't dare take my DSLR camera with me during Songkran and used a waterproof compact camera instead. It's not very good for close-ups.

post-6485-0-25749700-1460559306.jpg

post-6485-0-91439900-1460559310.jpg

Supposedly smoked salmon pizza was first made by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck at his flagship restaurant Spago in Beverly Hills, CA. Modern food legend has it that Puck ran out of bagels one day and used pizza dough as a substitute. His smoked salmon pizza, topped with caviar, was big hit.

post-6485-0-73193100-1460559308.jpg

post-6485-0-29660600-1460559313.jpg

Not much more to say, other than if you get a chance, don't hesitate to try smoked salmon pizza at Bite Me.

Evil

devil.gif

Looks like a very fine food... but still only a small portion snack....not a meal....smaller, than the fork...

Edited by Gabor

Back to normal after drown a farang week, some carbs after a few days starvation diet lol

post-57906-0-41098900-1461202976_thumb.jpeg

Today's special from 1pm til 10 - Pasta Quattro Formaggi 195 baht - Four Cheese Pasta

And a quick mention for the special on offer up @23 Pattaya Hill -

post-57906-0-63944600-1461203022_thumb.jpeg

Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto, Roast Mediterranean Vegetables, Pea Purée, Capers, Butter Sauce - 180B Thursday Special

Edited by BiteMeBistro

Something a bit different for tomorrow's special over at 23@PattayaHill...

Friday's Special @23 - from 3pm til 11pm. House-made Salmon Sushi with Chuka Wakame (seasoned seaweed), Pickled Mackerel Sushi, Grilled Barramundi with Green Noodles Nam Pla Wan and Wasabi Ball - 190B

post-57906-0-49569400-1461254118_thumb.jpeg

Something a bit different for tomorrow's special over at 23@PattayaHill...

Friday's Special @23 - from 3pm til 11pm. House-made Salmon Sushi with Chuka Wakame (seasoned seaweed), Pickled Mackerel Sushi, Grilled Barramundi with Green Noodles Nam Pla Wan and Wasabi Ball - 190B

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Lools great, can't wait to try it

Don't you mean it's a very BIG fork? :P

:llaugh

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto, Roast Mediterranean Vegetables, Pea Purée, Capers, Butter Sauce - 180B Thursday Special

This looks really inviting... BTW... If you like so much the small portions ( I know, not to save the ingredients, just being trendy ... ) why don't you introduce a so called " degustation menu " ? For example I'm not a chef, not an expert, just a simple customer... I eat only once a day apart my morning fruits, so I want to fill my belly... and I'm not a big eater, a traditional english brekkie would kill me... for the whole and for the next day...

Had the lamb shanks and couscous last night at Bite Me, washed down by a passable glass of house red.

i don't normally eat big chunks of meat, especially lamb which can be fiddly, but it was quite tender and delicious. Total freight was a bit over 400 baht.

My Japanese excellence friends will be down soon for the Golden Week holiday and I plan to take them to Bite Me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dropped in at BiteMe today, or tried to.

The door has a hand lettered paper sign that says, "Closed until further notice."

What's that about I wonder?

The door has a hand lettered paper sign that says, "Closed until further notice."

From their Facebook page...

With our apologies but our small but hard-working staff have been hit by a mystery bug. We thought we would try to keep going with a skeleton staff, but have decided that it would be better to remain closed. Normal service resumes tomorrow!

Then, a following post said they would try to open Monday.

From their Facebook page...

Then, a following post said they would try to open Monday.

Ah good news, and good idea not to open under those circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a case of food poisoning.

• Downvote 4

Sounds like a case of food poisoning.

Sounds like a case of making an assumption based upon not knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"mystery bug" "skeleton staff" - one could be forgiven. Can't see the BiteMe food inducing weightloss.

As long as it's open early July for me but hoping that the problems can be overcome for everyone's enjoyment.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cerberus and others.

Never a dull day at Bite Me!

7.40am this morning, currently locked up in soi 9.

But we are open! Today's special, photo to come soon...

Chicken, Chorizo and Belotti Bean Lasagne with a Garden Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette - 220 baht

post-57906-0-40477300-1462168373_thumb.jpeg

post-57906-0-47722400-1462168399_thumb.jpeg

post-57906-0-87969400-1462168429_thumb.jpeg

post-57906-0-61285200-1462168449_thumb.jpeg

Sounds like a case of making an assumption based upon not knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

Sounds like a case of "BigD strikes again" :llaugh

Thanks Cerberus and others.

Never a dull day at Bite Me!

7.40am this morning, currently locked up in soi 9.

But we are open! Today's special, photo to come soon...

Chicken, Chorizo and Belotti Bean Lasagne with a Garden Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette - 220 baht

Whoa! Somebody was REALLY disappointed to see you were closed!

LOL. I was trained by the US Army to inspect mess halls, restaurants, snack bars on military bases for food sanitation. I have 4 years experience conducting monthly inspections. When a restaurants staff all come down with the same illness at the same time. I have a high degree of confidence based on experience this is a food born illness. That's why I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • Downvote 4

LOL. I was trained by the US Army to inspect mess halls, restaurants, snack bars on military bases for food sanitation. I have 4 years experience conducting monthly inspections. When a restaurants staff all come down with the same illness at the same time. I have a high degree of confidence based on experience this is a food born illness. That's why I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

But the reality is you don't.

I'm sure you know that there are other diseases besides food poisoning that can affect a group of people sharing the same space...for example, influenza, ebola, TB...and the list goes on. None of these are related to food poisoning.

Just because you say you were a food sanitation inspector, doesn't mean everything is related to food sanitation...or as Mark Twain put it:

“To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”

If I recall correctly, didn't you also work in the VD clinic or something where you got to know all the embassy personnel such that you got invited to dinners with the likes of Andropov and Kissinger?

Based on that, why didn't you say it was because the staff were all having sex with each other?

But the reality is you don't.

I'm sure you know that there are other diseases besides food poisoning that can affect a group of people sharing the same space...for example, influenza, ebola, TB...and the list goes on. None of these are related to food poisoning.

Just because you say you were a food sanitation inspector, doesn't mean everything is related to food sanitation...or as Mark Twain put it:

“To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”

If I recall correctly, didn't you also work in the VD clinic or something where you got to know all the embassy personnel such that you got invited to dinners with the likes of Andropov and Kissinger?

Based on that, why didn't you say it was because the staff were all having sex with each other?

The reality is I do know what I'm talking about. I said it sounds like food poisoning. I didn't make a definitive statement but based on my job experience. I think it's a case of food poisoning and yes, I worked the VD clinic where I treated many embassy personnel. I also inspected barber and beauty shops for sanitary practices. I also inspected water treatment facilites along with ice making plants. If the staff has Ebola, I wouldn't eat there.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • Downvote 3